“Lovely stay at Vondel View B & B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vondel View B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Vondel View B&B
You added Vondel View B&B to your Saves list
Gerard Brandtstraat 14 hs., 1054JK Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #7 of 323 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Lovely stay at Vondel View B & B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We picked Vondel View because of all the great reviews and definitely didn't regret it. We stayed here at the beginning of our trip to Europe and it was a great start to our holiday. We stayed in the Flower Room and it was so nice! The room is lovely and spacious and overlooks a very pretty garden. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean and beautifully decorated. The separate bathroom was big, spotlessly clean and had everything we needed.

The location is quite good, it is out near the Vondel Park which isn't the very centre of town but it is a lot quieter which we preferred. It was very easy to get into town, we usually just hopped on the tram. It is very close to the Museum District, just a short walk away, and there are grocery stores and restaurants near by too.

Of course the best part of our stay was Rita, she really is an excellent host. We arrived in Amsterdam early in the morning after a very long-haul flight, and she was kind enough to have our room made up a few hours early so that we could check in early and have a nap! It has been said before, but her breakfasts were amazing. She would carry everything up the rather steep stairs each morning and serve the breakfast in our room at a time of our choice. It was all so carefully prepared and prettily presented, we definitely looked forward to getting up for breakfast each morning.

Keep an eye out for the very sweet ginger cat who lives there, he loves people and doesn't mind a pat! If you're not a cat person though, Rita is very good with making sure he isn't in the way.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Vondel View B & B to anyone, and next time we manage to get away to Europe we would love to visit again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at B&B Vondelview this weekend and it was wonderful! My husband generally prefers hotels and was hesitant about staying at a B&B, but I'm happy to report that he wasn't disappointed.

First off - the room. It's excellently decorated (apparently the owner's husband is an interior designer/decorator), very clean and a nice large size. There are also several travel books (Rick Steve's, Frommers, etc.) in the room that we took advantage of using during our stay.

As for the owner - Rita - she is incredibly friendly and helpful. Once we arrived, we realized our adaptor was broken and when asking if there was a nearby store to buy a replacement, Rita offered us an extra adaptor she had so we could use it during our stay.

Breakfast is included in the price and served in your room, and it is sooo much better than some of the hotel breakfasts I've had in the past. There were eggs, ham, cheese, pastries, bread, yogurt, etc. I was really pleasantly surprised about it, as I thought it would just be some breakfast pastries and coffee.

As for the location, it's not even a five minute walk to the Tram 1 stop and it's also right next to Vondel Park. On our first day we ended up walking to the Museum District by cutting through the park and it was nice to see the locals vegging out and enjoying their day.

The only thing that I wish Vondelview had was air conditioning. Although Amsterdam is fairly cool, the weekend we went was still pretty warm and there wasn't much wind blowing into the room. Plus, my husband tends to get hot pretty easily. However, there is a powerful fan in the room that did help a bit.

I definitely recommend B&B Vondelview and would return for sure! It's a great value, beautifully decorated, clean and well-located.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Flower Room and you have that floor to yourself. Note that the bathroom is technica...
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Lovely bed and breakfast with very welcoming and helpful hostess. Convenient location near a park, which was nice to walk across to visit museums etc. There was a very good breakfast, including dutch specialities, and many useful extras eg umbrellas, guide books etc. We had a great weekend visit.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I have recently enjoyed 3 nights at the Vondel View B&B. It was a fantastic place to stay and one of the highlights of our trip to Amsterdam and the UK.
Rita looked after us wonderfully! Each morning we were presented with the most amazing breakfasts (as noted by the other lucky visitors), which were delicious and a great start for lots of walking around beautiful Amsterdam. I particularly enjoyed the pancakes on our last day! Rita also went out of her way to help us sort out our lost luggage issues. She made our life much easier encouraging us to head out and do the tourist thing while she helped with phone calls and emails to get our luggage sorted. While it wasn't ideal having the airline lose our bags at the start of the holiday, it would've been a nightmare if it weren't for Rita's help (in particular her language skills)!
Lastly, we were also pleased to find the B&B was in a handy spot. We were a little worried that it might be inconvenient to get into town, but our fears were put quickly to rest. The B&B is really close to a tram station only a few stops from town. Also, it's only a 15min walk through the peaceful Vondel Park to museums and other landmarks, and from there only a few minutes more to the canals and bustling streets of central Amsterdam.
All in all, I can't say enough about this place. Only warning would be re the steep narrow stairs. But Rita even helped us with that (once our bags finally arrived)! Fantastic place!!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We're just back from a 2 night stay in Amsterdam at the Vondel View B&B. We couldn't have stayed in a more beautiful traditional Dutch building nor had a more warm, friendly welcome than we did from Rita. Our room, the Flower Room, was spotless and tremendously comfortable (wonderful kingsize bed). The bathroom was huge and luxurious but the thing that made our stay really marvellous were the amazing breakfasts! Absolutely delicious and imaginative, especially appreciated by two vegetarians. We travelled to Amsterdam from London by train. It was so easy and much, much nicer than travelling by air. We will definitely be visiting again soon and when we do, we'll definitely stay at the Vondel View - I recommend you do the same!

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the Vondel View B&B, and all of the wonderful things that people have said about it are absolutely true. Rita is a wonderful host, and the accommodations themselves - I was in the Flower Room - were beautiful. The breakfasts that Rita prepared were delicious, and homemade! The B&B is conveniently located right near a tram stop, and there are several places to eat along the street. (I highly recommend Kartika Restaurant.) Two things to point out for future guests. First, if you're staying in the Flower Room, on what Europe considers the first floor, the stairs are tricky. Best not to attempt drunk, I would think! Also, the bed, while comfortable, is a bit low. With achy muscles after a long day of walking around, I often find it difficult to get myself out of bed! These are only minor points, however. With online reviews, you often have to look at extremely positive ones with a bit of skepticism. I was happy to see that the Vondel View's reviews were well earned.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Both my boyfriend and I are first time travelers in Amsterdam. I chose Vondelview through Tripadvisor (my first time) and my boyfriend was very pleased with my choice. Our room was the flower room, with a beautiful ensuite bathroom and a lovely spacious room with typical dutch windows. We stayed for 2 nights on the 29th and 30th of June.

Make sure you get a pass for the Tram as there is a very convenient Tram 1 station next to the B&B. The location is great, very close to the Vondelview park, and there is a bike shop just around the corner and a 10 min walk away from all the other tourist attractions located at the city Centre. What I love about this place is it's nice to be able to wind-down after all the craze in Amsterdam, so peaceful and quiet.

Also, if you are staying with very heavy luggage, would not suggest to take the Flower Room as the house steps are very steep and relatively 'narrow'. Note, if you don't like cats you might be surprised to get a visit from the family cat, but he is very cute and cuddly, loves to be petted. I enjoyed his company very much.

I just wish we got to have Rita's delicious breakfasts always with an extra touch of a Dutch treat to share! Lovely hot bread basket, with cheese, ham and eggs done in different way, juice and yoghurt etc. Very filling and Rita the host was more than helpful and a delight to speak with. Overall, it was a very excellent stay and would come back here anytime.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Vondel View B&B? Share your experiences!