“Delicious. Filling, cheap, just a bit spiced. ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sonny Falafel

Sonny Falafel
Eerste van der Helststraat 43, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)
+31 206 767 612
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #862 of 2,526 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious. Filling, cheap, just a bit spiced. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I really liked sonny' falafel with pita and aubergine sauce! It was so tasty, filling and delicious! You can choose as many toppings as you want and it is just so so good! Quite cheap for Amsterdam as I'm finding Amsterdam quite expensive, even more expensive than London. I'll try their fries tomorrow, everything is vegetarian which is good for me so I don't have to be worried about that too! Really recommended!

Helsinki, Finland
“Good Food - Bad Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I happened to be at Amsterdam city center and to eat in Sonny Falafel. The quality of food was excellent BUT one of the two persons working there was totally impolite and brute. I decided next day not to go there for the simple reason that I did not like his attitude and the way he was speaking and behaving to the customers, especially to tourists! It is too pity for such a really descent restaurant to have such totally unacceptable personnel!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wien, Österreich
“very delicous falafel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

like it was recommended on trip advisor! very delicious falafel but don't try the carrots, they are REALLY spicy!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Siauliai, Lithuania
“Very VERY good falafel and fries!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I'm not vegetarian but when I visit Sonny's I don't even remember of meat or fish. The menu is small, but falafel and fries is all that we come for, and it's a bonus for me that you can refill your sandwich with stuff from salad bar unlimited. We usually try to come before or after lunch time to get a place to sit, this place is popular among locals and gets crowded. I can really recommend Sonny for both vegetarians and omnivores looking for a casual lunch place with great food!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bath, United Kingdom
“Really delicious falafel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We went here twice over a weekend in Amsterdam even though it was quite far from where we stayed! The food was FANTASTIC, as a vegetarian I have had many, many falafels in my time and these were by far the best. It took us a while to find it at first so make sure that you have a good map! The guy is really funny and made us laugh whilst we were waiting. The salads and toppings were fresh and lovely, I wish we had gone here sooner so could have eaten there every day! It is just a take-away fast food type place so don't expect a proper restaurant, but there was space to sit outside.

• Visited March 2013