“Delicious tapas” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paso Doble

Paso Doble
Westerstraat 86, 1015 MN Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
204212670
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #606 of 2,331 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Description: For years, Paso Doble has been one of the most popular tapas bars in the Amsterdam Jordaan! Here you experience the ultimate Spanish atmosphere. In this typical Spanish tapas bar we serve a great variety of traditional tapas which you can combine with a delicious glass of Rioja or Sangria.Find out why Paso Doble has won the price for the best Sangria in Amsterdam!If you feel like a fun night out with delicious tapas then do not hesitate to stop by. Paso Doble is open every day from 5 pm and on Saturdays even from 1 pm. Our Spanish staff invites you to come in and try it out.
Spain.
“Delicious tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Went in here after an evening of drinking and had some delicious tapas. The chef is from the centre of Madrid (where I now live), was very friendly and cooks well. The waiter Thomas was very friendly too. It was a wonderful experience, but the only tiny negative thing I could say was that the chef, Ricardo, asked if we wanted to try a cheese platter as well as what we had ordered so we kind of figured it would be on the house. Wrong. 12 euros extra. But, it was fabulous so we didn't mind too much, although each tapa was quite small and 5 euros a head.

Visited February 2014

Santa Monica, California
“Comfortable, Welcoming and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I ate here four or five times during a recent month-long stay nearby. The staff was kind and helpful from the very first moment I walked in. They remembered what I had eaten and especially enjoyed on previous visits and made recommendations accordingly. They took very good care of me even when quite busy on a weekend night. The space itself is very comfortable and even when busy feels warm and cozy.

I tried about half the dishes on the menu and I enjoyed them all. I especially liked the chipirones (grilled cuttlefish), paquetos con queso de cabra (goat cheese wrapped in Spanish ham), costiilas de cordero (small grilled lamb chops) and pulpo (octopus). I even tried the anchovies and sardines...hardly my favorites. I liked those too which is really saying something for me. Worth mentioning, also, is that the portions are quite large for "tapas" dishes.

The staff made each of my visits especially memorable. I left every time full and with a smile on my face AND without spending too much. Aren't those the true measures of an enjoyable meal? I would strongly recommend a visit. I look forward to returning when I next visit Amsterdam.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stumbled upon this jewel of a restaurant in Jordaan of Amsterdam. Everything we had was an explosion in our mouths from start to finish. Paso Doble has the ambience, amazing wait staff & the food to back it up!!! Run don't walk! Go there now!!!!

Figtree
“Ambience and great food. The total package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is great restaurant in every way and to be this good is really difficult when you are surrounded by such stiff competition. We had tried to get into Bar Boca's where we had lunch and were very impressed, but they recommended Paso Doble - great call. WE opted for the tapas banquet and the food kept coming, one fantastic dish after another. I think I counted 12 but there could have been more. Not one was disappointing. The staff were really relaxed, friendly and professional. The place was crowded so were lucky to get in here which is good testimony to their skills. So, get down to the fabulous Jordaan and Dine at Pasa Doble. At 50 euro for2 with wines that is very reasonable

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, England, United Kingdom
“A bit expensive for the portion size”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My friends and I came here for dinner our first night in Amsterdam. The restaurant was fairly empty, but we were seated in a corner right next to another table, making it difficult to sit down. We were a little confused, since the whole back half of the restaurant was completely empty, but we just went with it.

We ordered 3 tapas dishes with the intention of sharing, and the total cost turned out to be about 25 euros. When we got them, however, they were TINY. They were smaller than most appetizers that I've been served! I can't remember off the top of my head what we ordered, but they weren't dishes that were conducive to sharing and once we had all finished eating, we were still pretty hungry.

After contemplating getting more, we decided to just pay and go somewhere else. The food was pretty tasty, and the atmosphere of the restaurant was cool, but for what we paid I felt that the portion size was nowhere near worth it. Maybe it's because we're recent college graduates and tight on money, but I was disappointed at having to spend more than 10 euros and then go somewhere else to get more food. I would come here again for a light lunch maybe, but not for dinner.

• Visited September 2013