“Relaxed and value for money” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Relaxed and value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

A visit to Rangoli never disappoints - witha wide variety of South and North Indian dishes and attentive fast service, a meal in a pleasant surrounding is always guaranteed. Highly recommended

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington
“Best Indian food I've ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

As weird as it sounds I had to go to AMsterdam to find the best Indian food I've ever had. We walked into this restaurant after a couple who was just leaving told us that the food was excellent. Now, the place is very simple, unfussy and not too big. We ordered chicken korma and a mixed meat dosa (a chickpea and lentil Indian pancake stuffed with meat and veggies). The korma sauce was just the best sauce that has ever accompanied a meal. I've ever many indian meals before but the consistency and flavor of this sauce was just spectacular. The dosa was something I've rarely seen on a menu before so I decided to try. Tha pancake was very thin and slightly crispy but it was not heavy and it did not overwhelm the flavor of the stuffing. The staff was nice and, for a change, not too pushy (the restaurant is in a busy street close to everything touristy in AMsterdam). We thought the price were reasonable too, under 15 euro.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“We had a delicious meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

We found this restaurant just strolling around trying to find someplace near our hotel to eat. I'm glad I didn't read reviews here first, or we probably wouldn't have gone here. We thought it looked okay and the menu looked good and it wasn't very expensive and we were tired of walking and wanted to eat. We got a couple of appetizers, and my husband got the tandoori chicken special and we got naan and lentils. The naan was great and everything else was quite good. We thought it was delicious and quite reasonably priced and quick service. Yes, there are probably better Indian restaurants around, but this one was fine for us.

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“overpriced convenience food from a dirty kitchen”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

I ordered a Biryanie dish wich should have been served with dahl (lentils) according to the menu.
Instead of the dahl they served it with raita (yoghurt-sauce) wich had clearly been around for a while. Also the dish was very dissapointing; the only thing Indian about it were the spices. The vegetables were straight out of the freezer, you could tell. green beans, peas & carrots the tipical cheap big bags of frozen food you would find in a big grocery store.
It tasted like it had been kept in a plastic container for too long, and in the same container straight into the microwave. The look into the tiny grose kitchen on the way to the restroom made me feel sick, there was garbage & junk everywhere, and in the middle of that the food was prepared.
They charged too much for the tea, I had a simple tea but was charged the more expensive chai tea, I noticed after I left.
NOT recommeded!! Hopefully the owner/chef will read reviews and improve the hygiene & quality!! The waiter was friendly but I would rather have had good freh homemeade food out of a clean & fresh kitchen!

• Visited March 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Burien, Washington
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

We had chicken tikka masala, aloo gobhi, and some garlic naan. The chicken tikka masala was a little bit watery. I'm used to it being cream/yoghurt-based. The aloo gobhi, on the other hand, was spicy and good. The naan was also tasty. Prices were reasonable, and service was okay.

There are better Indian places around, but this is the one that was closest so we ate there thanks to convenience.

• Visited December 2010