“Service very good, food ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Madonnina

La Madonnina
Rembrandtplein 10, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)
+31 20 5286378
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,952 of 2,231 restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Rembrandtplein
“Service very good, food ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

That's what it is. The food won't surprise you, but, at least, the service was very good. Not an amazing option, but quite ok depending on what you are looking for.

18% Recommend
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Bad food and DISGUSTING service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Foolishly visited this restaurant with some friends while visiting Amsterdam. The overly arrogant owner trying to usher us to a table as quickly as possible should have rung alarm bells. The waiters were very rude and somewhat aggressive from the start, looking at us as if we were stupid when one of us asked what was in the Calzone (as it merely said it contained a ‘variety of fillings’). I went for the ‘safe option’ of the Stagioni pizza, as it’s what I always have at Italian restaurants. The meals came out and our immediate thoughts were that the pizza toppings were far from generous and the food really didn’t look very appealing at all. I soon realised that as well as having very little toppings, my Stagioni pizza didn’t have any olives (my favourite topping and a key ingredient for this type of pizza). I called the waiter and told him there were no olives, to which he looked at me and just shook his head and walked off. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I assumed he was perhaps in the middle of something and waited for him to come back over to our table… but he didn’t. I was a little annoyed by this point, as my pizza was getting cold (we were sat outside), so I then walked into the restaurant and told the owner (who it transpires wasn’t even Italian) my problem, to which he mumbled something and gestured that he would bring something out to me. I returned to my table and decided to start eating my bland pizza, as I was absolutely starving. Some time passed and nobody had appeared. As the owner walked past the table I called him over and reiterated my problem, to which he responded ‘olives finished’. I wasn’t really in the charitable mood to accept this as a reasonable response at this point, and continued to complain, to which he then asked ‘is it a problem?’… ‘yes’, I replied. So off he went, looking like he was going to begrudgingly attempt to rectify the problem. Around 5 or so minutes had passed, and I was unhappily munching on my final slice of greasy pizza, when the owner turned up and smugly placed a bowl containing 5 measly green olives onto the table. I suggested that it was, quite frankly, a little too late, as I’d completely finished eating. One of the other waiters came over and said that they usually just put 1 olive onto the pizza ‘as decoration’… which I found very amusing! They continued to stand aggressively over the table, and still no apology had been made, when I suggested to the owner that, as the pizza had not been as described, I would appreciate not having to pay full price for my disappointing meal. The owner then pointed right in my face an exclaimed ‘you WILL pay full price’. Never in my life have I ever experienced service anywhere near this bad. Absolutely disgusting. Apologies to the man sat on the adjacent table who unfortunately had 5 green olives flying in his direction as a result of my outrage!!!! DO NOT VISIT THIS RESTAURANT. I wish I had read the reviews first!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Average Italian restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This restaurant is just average in the middle of Rembrandt park. I walked around to sight seeing the city and happen to settle at this restaurant for a quick meal. I have had better Italian food, but it is decent for the price in the busy area of the park.

The server disappears after bringing me my dish until I call to get the bill. I will try other Italian restaurants next time I am in the area as there are quite a few around Rembrandt park.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Service isn't so good, as well as the owner is not an Italian, so it's not so traditional.
I had Spaghetti polonaise, was tasteless.
The prices are very cheap, that's true, but also the quality is way far from the best.
So, make your own calculation.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Reasonable food but dreadful service and offhand staff.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012 via mobile

Went here before seeing other reviews. First two courses were served satisfactorily and food was pleasant. No enquiries as to whether everything was OK. We were then ignored and I had to go and find a waiter to order desserts. Eventually served and then ignored again. We then chose to leave without coffee. Complained about service as we paid but waiter clearly couldn't care. There are loads of good restaurants with courteous waiters in Amsterdam give this one a miss.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere