“Ordinary food and poor service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Broodje Bert

Broodje Bert
Singel 321, 1012 WK Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Centrum)
+31 20 6230382
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 2,540 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: American, Sandwiches
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Centrum
las vegas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ordinary food and poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

After reading many good reviews of this place, I was with two friends and told them we must try their food. We all ordered different sandwiches and thought it was rather poor in quality but good size. Poor service too. Amsterdam has so many great places to eat, and life is too short for a crap sandwich, that I would probably not go again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
new jersey
“ONE OF THE BEST!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I eat here everyday that I'm in Amsterdam, and that is often.Fresh food at bargain prices. Great place to eat and people watch. Always top quality.

Visited July 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“ok, but I don't understand the hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My sandwiche was ok/good but far from great. Price wise its very reasonable for Amsterdam, value for money was excellent as the sandwich was a decent size. I went for a melted cheese, tomato and ham roll. The roll was less than oven fresh (but in fairness we did visit mid afternoon so maybe they were fresh that morning) the ham was the normal dutch processed ham, the salad was again only ok, the lettuce had started to brown on the edges so also showed signs of not being that fresh.
The sandwich certainly filled a hole and didn't break the bank, however it wasn't this wonderful experience that others seem to come across when visiting.
Would I visit again next time I'm in town? Yeah I might, however I'll make the trip in the morning in the hope I'll encounter some fresher produce.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
new york, ny
“Great, cheap meal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

A small sandwich shop along Singel canal that serves up delicious food at really great prices. We stopped here on a whim to grab a quick breakfast and were really happy we did. The tiny shop even has room for a small bathroom tucked in the back. Just watch your step, it is placed at the top of very steep stairs into the basement.

Visited August 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Don't miss this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

On a hot sunny day in Amsterdam, it was a joy to visit this little place.
Seating outside, our order was taken in lesd than five minutes.
Cold drinks was quickly served, and our food arrived within 10 minutes of ordering.
Fresh, tasty food and friendly staff made this visit a good one.
Prices are very frindly too.
Only one little minus for not taking international creditcards like Visa, Mastercard.
Warmly recommended ;-)