“Best Sandwich in Town!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Broodje Bert

Broodje Bert
Singel 321, 1012 WK Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Dam Square)
+31 20 6230382
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 2,317 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Neighborhood: Dam Square
Bel Air, Md
“Best Sandwich in Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were directed to this sandwich shop by our walking tour guide, and a gem of a recommendation it was! This is a very small shop with outdoor seating; great for passing time and watching the passers-by. We ordered a ham and cheese and tuna sandwich. First of all, this is no ordinary sandwich..did not seem to be able to stuff all of the goodies into the bread to be picked up..definitely a knife and fork affair! The amount of tuna was amazing, all fresh and flaky with accompanying fresh lettuce/veggies and a light delicious dressing. The ham and cheese was similar, both served on very good bread. We were both stuffed after our lunch. Two sandwiches and waters came to about 12 euro..find better food and at a better price; I think not! The waitress was kind enough to let me use the rest room, and I kid you not, it is the smallest bathroom I have ever seen, smaller than an airplane lavatory...just a quick aside there. Anyway, this is a terrifc, casual sandwich stop so do yourself a favor and stop into Broodje Bert.

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Lancashire
“OK and very reasonable.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I cannot understand the top marks this place gets; it is pretty cheap, reasonable quality and fine for a quick bite. OK but nothing better.

“Fantastic brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Went there searching for a goo place to grab a quick brunch. Sandwiches and salads were amazoing-higly recommended. If you want fast and good quality food this is the place.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Lunch Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We ate lunch here while in Amsterdam, and were pleasantly surprised all the way around. Food portions were huge, yet markedly less expensive than other places we ate. And the sandwiches were just plain good. Everything was fresh & plentiful, and my only complaint was that even if I was starving I don't know that I could eat all of my sandwich. I was merely 'hungry' when we went, so I ate just over 1/2 before I tapped out. Great place to stop during the day, especially if you don't plan on eating again until late in the evening.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Fantastic Find!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Found this gem of a place when looking for cheaper breakfast alternatives other than the nearby hotel's €18 per pax breakfast. Substantial, fresh and cooked to perfection - we ate there 3 out of 4 mornings while in Amsterdam. A quaint joint with an unpretentious old-world charm. Simple meals like ham and cheese served with a side serving of veggies -delish, among others.