“Best gourmet food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brasserie Vlaming - Amsterdam

Brasserie Vlaming - Amsterdam
Prinsengracht 193a, 1015 DS Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
020 4272063
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 2,249 restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Diner, Dutch, International, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Description: Koninginnedag/Queens day 2011
Sydney, Australia
“Best gourmet food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

On our recent honeymoon, our first stop in Europe was at Amsterdam. We saw the reviews on trip advisors and decided to make this place our dinner place. The entree, to the soup to the main to the dessert were excellent. To top it off the very helpful, willing and caring staff make the while dining experience phenomenal.:) A must try.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly Service, high end food, nice decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We ate here last week. The restaurant is lovely warm and cosy. We had made a reservation but it was not very busy. The staff were very friendly and I liked that they gave us water and bread complimentary on arrival. I had the confit duck which was delicious and my friend had the Tuna Steak. We shared the Sticky Toffee pudding which was a very large portion. I would go here again, really nice evening.

Visited December 2013
Milan, Italy
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The meat was great, ad well as the dessert. The owner was really kind and willing to help us choosing our dishes. The price was fair.

Birmingham
“Great food, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had a lovely meal here. The service was excellent, the food was very tasty and well presente and was reasonably well priced. The waitress was very informative and both happy and confident to advise. It's a relaxed venue and we'd happily return

Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing, did not live up to expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I chose this restaurant based on other reviews but was very disappointed. The staff were lovely and service was great and it was a lovely little place, but the food was poor. I ordered a salmon special main course which came swimming in a sauce with mini shrimps and as I don't eat seafood and this was not mentioned on the menu I was quite horrified so had to ask for a new one without the shrimp. Salmon was overcooked and tasteless, vegetables were boring and my companion's salad was limp and dull. I won't be going back...

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Frans1951, Eigenaar at Brasserie Vlaming - Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear guest from London, I'm really sorry to see that you were not satisfied after your visit to us.
Indeed we didn't mention every single ingredient of the "special of the day" on the menu at the wall. The chef most probably thought that it would be a good idea to combine two different (sea) fishes, maybe just for the sight of it. And that fish should swim he maybe took too literary :o))
We will talk to the kitchen team how to improve dishes like this.
I noticed that you stayed in the Okura hotel, with 2 (!!) Michelin star restaurants under its roof, which are rated after our brasserie: so maybe indeed your expectations were too high: we ourselves don't pretend to be at that level. I appreciate that you, like most of our guests, underline the quality of our staff and the warm atmosphere of our restaurant.
Best regards, Frans Vlaming