“Friendly Service, high end food, nice decor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brasserie Vlaming - Amsterdam

Brasserie Vlaming - Amsterdam
Prinsengracht 193a, Amsterdam 1015 DS, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
020 4272063
Website
Update restaurant details
Ranked #26 of 2,141 restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Diner, Dutch, International, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Description: Koninginnedag/Queens day 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly Service, high end food, nice decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We ate here last week. The restaurant is lovely warm and cosy. We had made a reservation but it was not very busy. The staff were very friendly and I liked that they gave us water and bread complimentary on arrival. I had the confit duck which was delicious and my friend had the Tuna Steak. We shared the Sticky Toffee pudding which was a very large portion. I would go here again, really nice evening.

Visited December 2013

92% Recommend
Milan, Italy
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The meat was great, ad well as the dessert. The owner was really kind and willing to help us choosing our dishes. The price was fair.

Birmingham
“Great food, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had a lovely meal here. The service was excellent, the food was very tasty and well presente and was reasonably well priced. The waitress was very informative and both happy and confident to advise. It's a relaxed venue and we'd happily return

Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing, did not live up to expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I chose this restaurant based on other reviews but was very disappointed. The staff were lovely and service was great and it was a lovely little place, but the food was poor. I ordered a salmon special main course which came swimming in a sauce with mini shrimps and as I don't eat seafood and this was not mentioned on the menu I was quite horrified so had to ask for a new one without the shrimp. Salmon was overcooked and tasteless, vegetables were boring and my companion's salad was limp and dull. I won't be going back...

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Frans1951, Eigenaar at Brasserie Vlaming - Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear guest from London, I'm really sorry to see that you were not satisfied after your visit to us.
Indeed we didn't mention every single ingredient of the "special of the day" on the menu at the wall. The chef most probably thought that it would be a good idea to combine two different (sea) fishes, maybe just for the sight of it. And that fish should swim he maybe took too literary :o))
We will talk to the kitchen team how to improve dishes like this.
I noticed that you stayed in the Okura hotel, with 2 (!!) Michelin star restaurants under its roof, which are rated after our brasserie: so maybe indeed your expectations were too high: we ourselves don't pretend to be at that level. I appreciate that you, like most of our guests, underline the quality of our staff and the warm atmosphere of our restaurant.
Best regards, Frans Vlaming
Paris, France
“Wonderful service and atmosphere, decent food, reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Pro: Absolutely wonderful service and atmosphere. We had a concert to catch, and the staff was extremely accommodating to our need of having a rushed dinner, and called a taxi for us. I ordered a 4 euro side of cooked vegetables and it was huge!
Con: My friend really wanted me to give the restaurant 5 "stars". I had nothing at all to complain about the food, it was just not special or outstanding.. My 13 euro fish (plat du jour) was tasty. My friend's 13.5 euro guinea fowl (also plat du jour) was alright. The chocolate mousse desert was alright.
Tip 1: Make reservation.
Tip 2: Get the right address. The website is a little bit confusing. I made reservation for Brasseir Vlaming, but went to the other location (same owner I think, Vlaming eten & drinken). They are not far apart though.

• Visited November 2013