The Restaurant was a little way from our Hotel, but we were really glad we made the effort to find it.
Whilst the food was excellent it was probably the thought that had gone into the overall dining experience that really made this Restaurant stand out:
- ice cold tap water served in a carafe and repeatedly topped up (with a smile).
- a good selection of wines sold in 0.5L carafe, which is our preferred size for a single meal (somehow a whole bottle seems a bit too much...)
- lovely bread and a garlic dip where brought before our starters
- side orders were very large (and this was pointed out before we ordered)
- there was absolutely no problem with us sharing the delicious Toffee Pie between the 2 of us (we were really full by then)
- extremely friendly service
I should also mention a couple of specifics about the food. My wife said the Vegetarian Tart for the main course was one of the best she had tried (she's not a Vegetarian, but loves pastry) and the Black Angus Steak I had certainly ranked up there in my top 10 steaks!
My only criticisms would be that the tables are a little close together, and our side order of Chips, whilst substantial, could have come out of a freezer bag.
We would definitely eat here again.
If you own or manage Brasserie Vlaming - Amsterdam, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.