“Great Food and People Watching, So-So Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Joselito

Joselito
Nieuwendjik 2, Amsterdam 1012 MK , The Netherlands (Dam Square)
+31(0)20 622 7678
Update restaurant details
Ranked #1,135 of 2,151 restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Dam Square
Silver Spring, MD
“Great Food and People Watching, So-So Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Really good tapas. The beef empanada was superb. I went back a second time just to verify that it wasn't a fluke. The beef skewer and meatball were also very good. The service? Well I saw several tables get tired of waiting and leave. I waited patiently since I was people watching but even I almost left when I went the second time because the waiter scolded me for not knowing the numbers of the dishes and then left, making me wait another 15 minutes. Would have been nice if he had at least brought me my beer. But I hung in their and was rewarded with really good food.

I actually saw one couple get quick service, at least for ordering. A couple waited with menus for 15-20 minutes then left. Another couple sat at the same table and the waitress took their order in 5 minutes. I don't think she knew it was a different couple, especially since others had been waiting longer.

Bottom line, if you like to people watch, eat good meat tapas, are mellow, and remember to order a beer when handed a menu, you'll like it. If you have no patience, don't waste your time.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

64% Recommend
Basel, Switzerland
“Good food, good service and pricey Sangria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I went there for lunch with Couple friends. We had a very good time.
The food and service are good, I have no complaints. The lady who attended us, was also warm and friendly.
Food was yummy to say the least.
They have outdoor seating, but we chose to sit inside, which was very warm and cozy. There was a chubby cat sleeping on a chair close to our table.
We sat by the window, you could just sit there for hours just watching people walk by.
Sangria was a little expensive..it was 1Litre for 22 Euros..I think. But it was fantastic, no doubt. The food and tapas otherwise is moderately priced.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Worst Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

You have to wait 15 minutes to receive an order and the rude service makes to food inedible. Do not come here if you dont want to be aggravated.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Turin, Italy
“CAT ON MY LAP and A TYPICAL SPANISH ATMOSPHERE.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Quiet, spanish tapas bar where you can have a taste of typical spanish cuisine. Food is alright but definitely not 'something else'. We had a good bread with tomato tapa (big and tasty) but the tortilla de patatas was quite disappointing (rubbery and not really tasty). On a more positive note, the wine was great and the atmosphere was not too over the top; plus they had a ginger cat roaming the restaurant, who welcomes you as warmly as the waiters.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Great spot to watch the world go bye”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We sat here for a few hours in the sun at a pavement table enjoying lovely tapas and drinks watching the world go bye,
Really good service from nice and freindly staff,
watch out for the steep stairs and low ceilings to the toilets as my head can vouch for.

• Visited August 2013