“2 day stopover” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 357 Hotels in Amsterdam
Amsterdam
“2 day stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Great location and very friendly helpful staff. Close to everything but looking out on quiet canal. Some rooms are small and stairs are steep - no lift- so book a larger room for a longer stay. Nathalie great source of local information and kindly located us in a first floor room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Margaret S

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This place is so cute. The host Nathalie and her family are so welcoming you feel as though you are coming home.

The room was large and spotless, even available early.

I just loved that breakfast, which was made to order each day. Fresh eggs, done however you like and pancakes cooked on the spot. Yummy fresh fruit, cereals and breads. It's like have a home-cooked breakfast made for you.

Nathalie's mum is chief barista and makes a mean coffee. There is a huge variety of teas.

I loved the two cats and the singing dog. She sings along to music and hit's hilarious!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank FiB1967
Three Oaks, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I only had one day in Amsterdam as part of a stopover on a business trip. I chose this hotel because of it's location and because it was not a very large establishment. Upon arrival, I was immediately upgraded to a bigger room with a view for the same price. Everyone from Nathalie, her mother, to staff members, made me feel very welcome and at home. Breakfast cooked by Nathalie's mother was awesome and reminded my of the pancakes my mother used to make. When I read other posts about this hotel, people complained about the stairs. Were they steep and narrow? Yes, however, Nathalie and her staff carried by bags up and down for me. This is part of the service they provide and guest should avail themselves of it. The location was perfect...in the canal zone, close to everything and very quiet. When I come back to Amsterdam, this is where I will stay again and again. I'd like to thank everyone at the hotel for making this a most pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We are staying here for 2 nights and really pleased with everything! Lovely friendly owner, lovely big room which was an upgrade and bed comfy. No breakfast included in our stay but the delivery of a new coffee machine might change that in the morning!
Definitely coming back next year!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Based on Tripadvisor reviews, availability, location, and rates, we stayed at the “View” for five days, in a deluxe room. The room itself was pleasantly decorated and large, facing the back courtyard so there was little outside noise, which is good since we had requested a quiet room. However, and as other comments point out, the staircase is very noisy, and the doors can only be closed by semi-slamming them, so you hear every single person stomping up and down the narrow, steep stairs and slamming their doors shut. The only way to tone this down is to request room on the top floor, which ours unfortunately was not. Since the hotel was fully booked, there was no chance to change rooms. And then there is the toilet in the shower that takes getting used to. As long as you move the toilet paper to a dry location, it’s not too much of a problem, just odd. You should know that the only a/c is a pedestal fan, which was not a problem since the weather was relatively cool when we were there in June. Maybe not so cool in August. The lady who runs the place is very professional and takes care of her clients, but unfortunately she hires some young ladies who are not at all professional. For example, on the first morning when I asked how to get somewhere, the young woman at reception told me to go “look it up on google”: sorry I bothered asking! We tried the ten-euro (per person) breakfast one day and thought it was good: the scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon were plentiful, and there were several buffet choices like breads, cheeses and such. You can also get what looks like tasty pancakes. We are not large breakfast eaters, so we didn’t think the twenty euros extra per day was necessary. The heron perched atop a car outside the hotel every morning is fun. The hotel is well-located for catching the streetcar or bus around the corner, and particularly close to the main museum area and the lively restaurants near it. The deluxe room is not inexpensive, though, particularly for a two-star hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Ana K
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I made a two hour layover and made it a one day visit to Amsterdam. I chose the Boutique view based on price and location. I wanted a room on with a canal view. It was beautiful. Yes, it was several flights up a narrow stairway.....but I knew that ahead of time. Not a problem.

Only a two minute walk from the express bus to the airport.

The manager, Eric was great. I asked him to tell me where I needed to go if I only had one day in Amsterdam. He drew me a walking map with many insider sights. It was great city, clean and I felt safe everywhere I went, even alone.

The room was clean. I left my door to the outside open at night. It was great. If I ever go back I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Go for a canal view room. Mine was a deluxe...but I would have been fine in the small one if it had...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank MaggieMaySc
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This hotel was a great find as it combines a nice and warm atmosphere with a very good location. Everything is within walking distance and it is very convenient when its your first time in Amsterdam. The room we stayed was very nice and clean, while breakfast was a great way to start to your day. I would recommend this hotel as it offers great value for money.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple