“Like staying with friends” 5 of 5 stars

Boutique Hotel View
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Leidsekade 77, 1017PM Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #36 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
RSM, CA
“Like staying with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The hotel experience from the minute I arrived was amazing. Warm and genuine greeting by the host. Breakfast made to order by the host, very tasty pancakes, felt like mom was making me my most important meal of the day. I was so big we kept some for late nite snacks. The room and the view were fantastic and very well maintained. The location is perfect. They have pets and added to the warm B&B like feel, I am not a cat fan but their cats were super cool and friendly, I might like cats now. And even at the end they helped me with transport and even helped drag my oversized luggage to the car. I'll definitely stay there again on my next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We visited Boutique View hotel for a weekend.
Wow we booked into the annexe rooms they are a few doors away from the main hotel but they are beautiful we had a choice of either the purple room or turquoise we chose the turquoise with the bathroom with like a wet room,
The staff and owner were always so welcoming and nothing was too mich trouble.
Helping with directions or restaurant bookings all completed at ease, spotlessly clean very comfortable and would 100% recommend this hotel.
Its right where everything is within walking distance to buses trams or just walking around the area
Will definately be back to stay at this amazing hotel .

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

After a long day of travel, my husband and I arrived at Boutique view very late in the evening. We have been to Amsterdam before and loved the hotel we had stayed at previously, but it was fully booked and the Boutique View seemed nice according to Trip Advisor reviews. We were shocked when we opened the door to our room. The room was tiny. My husband and I had a very difficult time navigating around each other, having to take turns. The bed looked like it had just been slept in and thrown together last minute. The bathroom was covered in small dark hairs stuck to the walls. I went to wash my hands and when I pulled a towel off the shelf and found a long dark hair in the towel, which clearly hadn't been washed, just folded and put away.
As tired as we were we had to get out of that hotel. We called our preferred hotel, The Toren, that had been booked and explained our situation. The incredible Toren staff rescued us. They had a cancelation and immediately reserved the only available room and booked the following night at their sister hotel since they were fully booked. Even though it was last minute, the Toren gave us a great deal and we stayed with them for less than the Boutique View was going to charge us.
The Boutique View staff and manager were very apologetic and offered another "cleaner" room, but I had to decline. My mind was made. It was late and I was thoroughly disgusted. After much discussion, the manager removed our non-refundable reservation as good gesture. The manager was clearly not happy about it though.
We arrived at the Toren and were treated as old friends. They escorted us to our beautiful and very clean room where my husband and I were finally able to rest. The following morning my husband and I went out for the day. While we were out, The Toren staff again took care of us by transferring our bags to The Sebastian Hotel. We didn't have to do a thing. What a class act!

• Stayed April 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is a very nice hotel where we had a small, but really cosy room facing the canal. There seem to be only about 12 rooms in the hotel and the idea is most likely to create a sort of intimate atmosphere, which overall also was the case. Absolutely no negative remarks on my part concerning the room.

Breakfast is not included and not really sure it was worth the 10 extra Euros for a fairly average hotel breakfast. Might be a better idea to go to the American Hotel nearby and have the excessive brunch buffet for EUR 19 or find the pancake house on the other side of the canal by the Leidseplein.

A rather unfortunate event when checking out was that first the credit card machine was broken and we were asked if we could pay cash without much willingness from the person at the reception's part to find another solution. As we as a principle did not want to spend time finding a cash machine and pay the fee for taking out money in a foreign country, we had to insist on another solution before the person in the reception reluctantly agreed to take our credit card information and bill us later (which turned out later was not a problem). Moreover, we asked for help for calling a taxi, which the reception willingly did, but the taxi arriving did not take credit card and insisted that the hotel should have informed them, that we wanted to pay with credit card. Even though we were on our way to the airport with our luggage, we had to pay the taxi driver the 5 EUR, which had run on the meter, and get out in order for find another taxi, which DID take credit card.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We were warmly welcomed by Anja after a 11 hour flight and bus trip from Schipol (bus 197).we had the ripple room, 3 floors up the steepest stairs I have ever seen. Anja whisked most of our suitcases up on her own, thankfully ! Great location. Trams were a breeze and we never had to wait more than a few minutes. Anne Frank museum was a highlight. We booked online from S Africa, what a pleasure,went straight to the front of a 3 km line and walked straight in. Cost us €9 a ticket. Our room was extremely small and we couldn't walk around once the sofa bed was opened. Had no view or coffee facilities. Bathroom small with small open shower.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the boutique hotel view from the 6th until the 8th April for a girlie weekend away. What a fabulous time we had! It was a lovely little hotel with a homely feel, close to all of the main tourist attractions yet quiet and peaceful of an evening, allowing us to to re–charge and get a good night's sleep. However, what really made our stay so utterly memorable, was the warmth and hospitality shown by Nathalie and her team. We were made to feel so welcome by all of the staff as well as the hotel's resident cats and dog! Nothing was too much trouble, regardless of what time of the day it was. Breakfast was delicious and we enjoyed the pancakes made by "the pancake doctor" and her apprentices. I would highly recommend the cheese and bacon pancake, followed by chocolate and banana! We really did have a super time... Thank you so much Nathalie! The girls from Liverpool look forward to seeing you again soon :)

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Boutique Hotel View? Share your experiences!