“Small hotel, big heart” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Leidsekade 77, 1017PM Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #36 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Small hotel, big heart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Just arrived home after a two night stay with 13 friends. We had a fantastic weekend and the hotel was fab.
I shared room 301 with a friend and the room was very small with a wet room bathroom but it was more than adequate for what we needed. You don't go to Amsterdam to stay in your room all day!! Although we could've done with a bigger duvet between the two of us...
The location is brilliant and a short walk from some lovely places to drink and eat.
The one thing that really made our stay though was the help and hospitality of the staff. They could not do enough for you. There was 13 of us and so breakfast was rather chaotic but the gent cracked on and made us all omlettes to order using one pan!! And he was always smiley and pleasant despite working what appeared to be 24 hour shifts!
The stairs were very steep but again staff were great with helping us with our luggage!

I would definitely return to the hotel boutique view - it was a bargain, near all the action and the service was first class.....

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Westfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I just got back from Amsterdam. I used to leave there and I have heard great things about this hotel and let me tell you they wore right! I spent 5 nights at the Boutique View. This hotel is situated at one of the best locations in Amsterdam. All the best bars, clubs and restaurants are just a block away yet it's at a very quiet street. You can take the bus 197 from Schiphol Airport and get off at the Leidseplein stop and the hotel is just down the street. The staff is very welcoming and will do anything to assist you with your needs. I went out one night and came back with my jacket filthy from the smell of cigarettes at the pubs and Natalia at the front desk offered to wash it for me at no extra charge. The next night I came back again from the clubs starving at 3:00am and Natalia offered to make me one of her famous specialty pancakes at no extra charge. She just wanted to show me her hospitality. I thought it was very generous.
Breakfast at the hotel is not included but it's only 10 euros per person and I thought it was totally worth it since they serve a big abundance of food and most days I didn't even had the need to eat lunch afterwords. The hotel has been renovated and all the rooms are brandy new furnished with very nice colors and contemporary furniture. The Hotel also has a cafe where you can purchase beverages like water and soda for 2 euros and wine for just around 3 euros for a small bottle. Also I lost a very expensive watch on this trip which I couldn't figure it out where and went back home feeling really bummed down.
For much of my surprise, upon my arrival back in the US, I got a very nice email from one of the staff members at the Boutique View saying that the cleaning lady had found my watch while stripping down the beds and they offered to ship it back to me to the US as a part of their service. Overall, words could not describe how happy I am with this hotel and I will never forget how wonderful my stay was at this place and can't wait to go back.
Natalia thank you so much for making my stay in Amsterdam so special! You are the best!!!
Best regards to you and the rest of the staff at the Boutique View!
Carla

Room Tip: If you are traveling during the low season ask for a upgrade. They will give you at a better rate th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The staff at the View hotel could not have been nicer or more friendly. Always ready to help as needed. The breakfast was first-rate -- so many delicious choices and a beautiful dining room. We loved our room on the 3rd floor despite the typical narrow Dutch stairs. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed here in December a family of four. We booked two room with the adults having a canal facing room, beautiful room and lovely to wake up to the view of the canal and it had a small balcony as well....great location, easy to walk to all attractions....really steep stairs, but made the experience even more authentic, great staff made you feel very welcome and the two cats were a bonus for my daughter...had breakfast there and worth the price...would stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for a canal facing room, on a higher floor worth the extra cost
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I will definitely be back here but I will upgrade to one of there better rooms as they were nastily superior. The room I stayed in was the smallest but if honest was to small even for my liking. The staff here are lovely and go above & beyond. It had a perfect central location & as I'm going back to Amsterdam soon I will most definatly be staying here again .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Liverpool, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I came to Amsterdam with my partner for our anniversary, unfortunately she took ill after the first night and was practically bed ridden for the next two days with flu. The staff at the hotel were really helpful, furnishing her with hot drinks etc and checking up to make sure she was comfortable. Even when we checked out they offered us a breakfast on the house and seemed genuinely concerned for her welfare. I could not thank them enough for all there assistance and I 100% will be back in better circumstances. We booked a small double room which I have to admit was very small, there is little room to move around so if you like space I'd suggest upgrading to one of the other rooms that looked a lot nicer and bigger. That being said the room although small was lovely and spotless. The location is brilliant, take the 197 bus from the airport rather than waste money on cabs/trains it stops literally 1 minute walk from the hotel. The hotel is just around the corner from the brilliant Leidesplein. It's in a quiet enough part to be away from the noise also which is great. I will be back within the next couple of months and I will not hesitate in choosing the boutique view again.

• Stayed February 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

From what we could gather, accommodation in Amsterdam is rather expensive. So when rating this hotel, it's crucial you bear this in mind. What you get in other cities for 89 Euros a night, is certainly not what you are going to get in Amsterdam. The hotel provides a clean room, with a nice comfy bed, a decent shower and free, fast WiFi. The location is excellent too, as it is within a couple of minutes from the tram and bus stops, which will get you anywhere in the city.

Because it is nicer than other hotels in this price range, you do need to realise you'll have to allow for some concessions. For instance, our room was rather small (you could only get in and out of the bed from one side as it was next to a wall). The wallpaper was a bit dated, and was scuffed and had small rips in places. They also left piles of washing on the corridors all day and night.

But given the location, and the overall experience (friendly, helpful staff and nice cats), you can't go wrong with this hotel, and you certainly can't complain for the price you are paying. We would use it again, happily.

Room Tip: "small double", really is quite small!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Boutique Hotel View? Share your experiences!