“Modern, Clean, Helpful Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Boutique Hotel View
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Leidsekade 77, 1017PM Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #35 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Waterford, Ireland
“Modern, Clean, Helpful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in early January, 2013. It was our first trip to Amsterdam. The hotel was clean and modern. The view over the canal was gorgeous. Staff were friendly and helpful, they even upgraded us to a larger room at no charge. Location was great. It was easy to catch the tram, a canal boat tour, or a bus tour. Lots of food, bars, etc. in walking distance. Oh, and the cats sleeping on the steps were cute and charming. We cannot say enough good stuff about our stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

584 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Nice hotel, friendly service, good location.

Room was smallish though decorated well. Large window in room overlooking canal which was awesome! No lift, stairs very steep therefore if you do not like stairs request room on first floor. The lady carries your bags up to your room for you. We were on third floor very long way up but worth the view!

I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great staff and location. Room would be perfect for 2 people but not 3. We were traveling with our teenage daughter and her sofa bed when opened made it impossible to move around the room. Oh, the shower/toilet was a little cramped and different but we made due and had fun with it. The staff were fantastic, the breakfast was good and overall we had a blast on our first visit to Amsterdam. Right around the corner you can jump on a canal cruise.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

There is no need to look any farther. Boutique Hotel View lives up to its name. It provides a very boutique experience for an excellent price and fantastic location. As I was traveling off season, I was upgraded to a more spacious and elegant room than I had booked. A generous and delicious breakfast (with eggs cooked to order) is available for just 10 euros. The hotel owner and staff (not to mention the resident pets) made me feel like a long-lost friend. It was like being at home away from home--only with room service! I can't wait to return to Amsterdam and stay at the Boutique Hotel View again. I have never posted an online review before, but I felt compelled to say how much I enjoyed this experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I've just returned from my third trip in Amsterdam and this has been my best yet. This is the lovliest hotel I've stayed at, not only in Amsterdam, but in Europe. It was more like staying at a friend's home, so relaxing. We booked a small double room with a canal view, which was lovely and clean as well as warm and comfortable. The reception at the hotel was really friendly and we were given some good tips on where to head on New Year's Eve, where we could hire bikes from the next day and the best way to travel back to the airport when unfortunately it was time to leave. Nothing seemed like too much trouble, breakfast was delicious, and the service was the best I've ever experienced. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and hope to later this year. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Room Tip: The canal views are lovely. If a room says small, e.g. small double, then it will be small so if yo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Düsseldorf
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Unfortunately the room was smaller than expected and not as clean as it should be. But the staff were so lovely, friendly and helpful that I would still recommend staying at this hotel. Location is great and not too loud.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed for a week end, in a Deluxe double room. It was modern, clean and comfortable. We did appreciate the relaxed atmosphere of the place. Nathalie, Alessandro and all the staff were helpful and attentive. Great location; walking distance from museum plain, restaurants and other landmarks, but yet, located in a quiet area. Good breakfast, nothing fancy, but tasty and plenty.
Will not hesitate to book again at our next visit to Amsterdam.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Boutique Hotel View? Share your experiences!