“Great modern hotel, friendly staff, and excellent location” 5 of 5 stars

Boutique Hotel View
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Leidsekade 77, 1017PM Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #37 of 346 Hotels in Amsterdam
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great modern hotel, friendly staff, and excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. We were looking for something that was a bit modern but still affordable and this hotel is just that. Staff were really friendly, there was always someone there to give us directions and advice. The location couldn't be better. Everything is just a 15 minute walk away, Dam Square, Central Station, Red Light District, Ann Frank House, shopping, nightlife, there's also a tram stop near the hotel if you don't feel like walking.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here while visiting my sister, such a warm greeting from a lovely and helpful hostess and her two gorgeous cats! Room was immaculate, modern and boutique-like. slightly too hot thanks to no air conditioning, but two large fans were supplied and so the room was cool when they started to take effect. Delicious breakfast with made to order pancakes served by a hunky waiter. Highly recommend for the over and above levels of service :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I agree with most reviewers that this hotel provides great service. They're incredibly friendly and quite helpful but that's where the benefits of this hotel ends.

I booked this hotel as a last minute decision to visit Amsterdam on my annual trip to Europe. As all the other preferred hotels were booked out, I decided to give this hotel a try given all the positive reviews here. The photos on their website looked decent enough and given the cheap rates, I went ahead with low expectations.

Unfortunately, my expectations were not low enough. The canal in front of the hotel smelled and the street did not look particularly inviting. The rooms were up this incredibly steep stairs (lucky we had help with our luggage, again, I must praise the service as it is well deserved) and were very dimly lit. I honestly couldn't tell if it was clean or not so I just hoped for the best. The view I got from my room was of a line of rubbish bins so needless to say, I did not open the windows to enjoy my view.

The entire room also had a overbearing smell of pot. I understand that's what Amsterdam is all about but I didn't need to be reminded of it when I'm trying to sleep.

I think the worst part of the room was the bathroom. It did not have a proper shower area so water would spill all over the floor and onto the toilet. It was also so small that you couldn't really turn around without knocking something. Luckily I was only there for 1 night, this is definitely not suitable for a longer stay.

Verdict: If you're 18, backpacking through Europe then this place is fine. For anyone else, I recommend get in early to book a proper hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Nijmegen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Exellent hotel close to Leidseplein, very nice rooms and clean. Breakfast okay, not very extensive. I know Amsterdam is expensive, so is this hotel, but good value for money compared to other hotels. No elevator. Very friendly staff, recommended!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

What a WONDERFUL Time we had in Amsterdam and the BOUTIQUE HOTEL VIEW was a big part of it. The location, just off LEIDSESTRAAT is a fun place with lots to do. Restuarants pubs, ice cream, and a delicious bakery just up the street at PRINSENGRACHT was a hit.
The staff is superb at the BOUTIQUE HOTEL VIEW. They went out of their way to accomodate every request and then some. Very friendly, always a smile and we felt they sincerely were eager to lend a hand.
We stayed in the small canal view room and small it was. We compared it to a large cruise ship cabin, but when in Europe, and they say it's small, we were not surprised. It was very nicely appointed and clean, always fresh towels and soap and vacuumed. There is so much to see and do in Amsterdam, we knew we weren't going to be in the room much anyway. THE BIG SURPRISE WAS I EXPECTED TO MAYBE HAVE TO STRAIN TO ACTUALLY SEE THE CANAL, BUT NO.... WE HAD A GREAT VIEW OUT THE WINDOW AND SAT ON THE END OF THE BED SOAKING IT ALL IN.
THEN THERE IS THE BREAKFAST. ONE OF THE CHARMING LADIES MAKES WONDERFUL PANCAKES OR OMLETTES OR BOTH AND KEEPS ASKING WHAT ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE IN THEM. IF YOU CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE SHE STARTS OFFERING DELIGHTFUL OPTIONS.
WE LOVED OUR STAY AND WOULD DO THE SMALL CANAL VIEW AGAIN, BUT HEY, SLURGE AND GET THE DELUXE CANAL VIEW ROOM.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed for two nights 23/24 July as we were going to a gig at The Paradiso (only a 5 minute walk from the hotel). We were made to feel so welcome from the minute we walked in the door.
Eric was really helpful in giving us tips on where the 'locals' go, and we had chats about bands/music, along with having a laugh about our English ways! Natalie was so chilled and a great hostess. She has a hotel to be proud of. Not just because of it's location, but because the rooms are lovely, it has a relaxed atmosphere and the breakfasts are great.
Our room was on the third floor (which was up three flights of steep/narrow stairs) and Natalie carried our very heavy bag with the greatest of ease, and wasn't out of breath when she got there!?
The hotel is a great place to stay if you want somewhere near to all the action, but just tucked away enough to be quiet. We felt as though we had stayed with really good friends in their house.
When we return to Amsterdam, we will be booking to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Boutique Hotel View? Share your experiences!