“Boutique Hotel View ROCKS!” 5 of 5 stars

Boutique Hotel View
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Leidsekade 77, 1017PM Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #60 of 357 Hotels in Amsterdam
Carmel, California
“Boutique Hotel View ROCKS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Boutique Hotel View in early July this year. We loved it! The hotel is in a great location within walking distance of just about anything, including Rembrandt and Van Gogh museums. Natalie and the staff are so much fun and so very helpful. Breakfasts are yummy!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed here for one night when attending a concert in Paradiso (which is only a short walk away). Very well-located hotel, easy to get to with tram lines and buses a few minutes away in Leidseplein.

We were given a room with a beautiful view of the canal (we booked a small double room), and it was absolutely spotless. I noticed some reviews before booking regarding space issues in the smaller rooms, but we found it to have ample space for both of us. I think it is also worth remembering how skinny some buildings in Amsterdam are, they are only working with what they have!

The only issue we had with the room was the temperature, it was quite hot and humid weather. It took a while to get to sleep in the heat. It's a shame there is no air conditioning, however there was a fan in the room.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, I had emailed a question before arriving regarding payment with my credit card and the owner replied very promptly.

All-in-all a good experience with the hotel, and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I don't know where to start, but because saying I don't know where to start seems to be a valid way to start I do know how to start. Sorry. The location is great. Within walking distance of what ever you need of museums, small and big parks, canal bikes, shopping streets, restaurants, trams, busses, street performers. The hotel itself is in a cozy quiet street and only a five minute walk from life and busy streets. The most amazing thing about this hotel though, is the staff. The most friendly, nice, happy and welcoming staff I've met.

Room Tip: I slept at two different rooms there (I was planning on getting a hostel, but decided it was worth t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We booked this hotel based solely on TA reviews without reading the reviews carefully. The small double rooms are TINY. I am 5'5 and I can almost reach both walls with my arms. The bed is pushed against the wall and you have to climb over the person or go to the foot of the bed.

Things you should know about this hotel:
- No air conditioning - Amsterdam got quite hot during our stay in late May
- Steep staircases - If you are elderly or travel with lots of luggage or don't want to climb stairs, don't book this hotel. This is a canal house!
- 5 EURO charge if you pay by credit card
- Toilet and shower are pretty much on top of each other. You could in fact do both at the same time!
- We paid 137 EUROs/night (without VAT) for a small double. If I had to pay this price, I'd stay elsewhere. We were upgraded to the room which was 30 EUROS/night more.
- Beds were not comfortable as the mattresses felt worn out.

The perks of this hotel include the lovely manager, Nathalie who upgraded us to a bigger room (think 3 times larger) and much cooler (includes a fan and lots of windows). The location is great; in the heart of Amsterdam.

TIP: If this is your first time in Amsterdam, watch out for Trams (which appear out of no where) and the cyclists (who don't generally stop for pedestrians). Don't jaywalk!

Room Tip: Don't book the small double rooms! Book the deluxe room and pay more or go elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank shopaholicinvan
Stavanger
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Within reach of all major sights, my husband and I were pleased with our stay. We took the 197 bus from Schiphol to the Leidseplein stop in Amsterdam (20 minutes, 3EUR/person). From the Leidseplein stop it is a 2-minute walk to the boutique Hotel View.

We were able to leave our bags with the front desk without a problem while we explored Amsterdam during the day. That evening, he staff happily carried my suitcase up the stairs to let us into our room on the second floor- Small Double w/ Canal View. That is a fitting description - the room was very, very small even by European standards, but the scenery outside was nice. Next time, though, I'll pay for a larger room rather than the view. Luckily, we travel light so this wasn't much of a problem.

The room and bathroom was clean and the Wifi worked perfectly. There were two cats the roam the halls and break fast room (this is fairly normal for Amsterdam). They were clean, friendly, and kept mostly to themselves except for dashing into our room when we arrived late one night! We had a good laugh after shooing him out :) We opted to eat in cafes for breakfast rather than eat at the hotel so I can't comment on that service.

All of the rooms are situated around the wooden staircase that runs up one side of the hotel. I am a light sleeper, so I was woken up by other guests going up/down the stairs - my biggest complaint.

Overall, this is a good value hotel for its location with a friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The hotel has a great location, easy to find and you can walk to all major attractions with ease.
The rooms are fun and funky (I really loved the wallpaper in ours), however the outstanding quality about this place is the staff/managers.
From the moment we stepped in to the moment we left we were looked after like we were in a 5 star joint, but with more fun and personality.
Natalie, who helped us most of the time was friendly, funny, informative and just plain good to be around, I found myself wanting to hang out at the hotel rather than explore more of Amsterdam because she was so great.

Accommodation experiences like these really shape a person's view of a whole city when they don't have long there - so thank you boutique hotel view!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple