“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I travelled with a group of ladies and stayed for one night at this hotel. We choose this location as we didn't want to be too far out of the night life and we didn't want to be wandering around a city which was unknown to us at night. We arrived early and took our suitcases straight to the hotel and these were immediately put in a room for us. The welcome was very friendly (considering we arrived when breakfast was being served and the staff were very busy). I had a canal view on the top floor, the room was spotless, this is by far the best 2 star hotel I have ever stayed in and I really don't understand why the rating isn't higher. The location is brilliant and it is as the website says a 2 minute walk from the bus stop. The staff are very friendly and couldn't do enough for us - it really is a lovely place to stay. One of our party was slightly the worse for wear the next day and a room was offered to her for the day (free of charge) not many place (if any) would offer that. Considering it is so close to Leidspleine it is very quiet around this neighbour hood and is in a lovely setting of the canal. Breakfast was plentiful and very tasty, the pancakes are a must if you stay here. I have already tried to re-book this hotel for later in the year but unfortunately it is book. My advice would be book early and stay as long as you can

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

585 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Although we did not stay in this hotel, my husband and I were lucky enough to be given great help by a very kind lady on reception in this hotel called Dragana after we had checked out of the terrible Hotel de Paris. Although the Boutique Hotel View itself was booked out, Dragana let us use the hotels internet facilities and made a lot of calls for us to help us find alternative accommodation. She did not have to help us but we really appreciated it, and she did help us find an alternative place to stay.
The Boutique Hotel View looks like a modern clean hotel, and there were many happy guests to be seen there. We would definitely recommend it!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed at the Boutique Hotel View Hotel in early April 2012 and it was a wonderful experience. The room we stayed in had a beautiful view of the canal and the staff were so friendly and outgoing. The location was great and the breakfast was perfect. A little gem in Amsterdam.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I stayed at Boutique Hotel View for four nights in early May. The location was great - less than five minute walk from tram and bus stops. Centrally located but on a quiet, canal-side street. Natalie and the rest of the staff were so friendly and helpful, and they made delicious pancakes and omelets for breakfast!

The stairs are steep (a great workout!) so don't bring a huge suitcase. Natalie was nice enough to lug my suitcase up to my room for me. I had room 304 - at the very top of the hotel - which provided wonderful views of the canal and city. Butler, one of the hotel's cats, even paid me a visit. The room itself is well laid-out and perfect for a single traveler or for a couple that loves cozy spaces. The bathroom - this is Europe, so keep in mind everything has to be fitted into existing spaces - is genius. It's a large wetroom with a shower curtain separating the shower area from the sink and toilet. Very efficient design and use of a limited space. Also, nice amount of shelf space for toiletries.

I really enjoyed my stay here and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: As mentioned in the review, stairs are steep - don't bring a huge, heavy suitcase.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Auburn, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I've been to Amsterdam several times and have stayed at many different hotels; this is by far the best hotel in Amsterdam! The rooms are beautiful and spacious; it was immaculate and very quiet despite being next to the street (I was in the new Bed and Breakfast rooms adjacent to the hotel). Natalie was a wonderful host, very friendly and kind to us. We thoroughly loved the hotel and would definitely come again, in fact, every time I come to Amsterdam in the future, it will be to stay at this hotel! The breakfast was so wonderful; the owner is always at the property and even makes pancakes for the guests, which were out of this world! The previous comment of the lamps and the bad stay was certainly a mishap as the lamps were definitely antiques; she probably charged them less than they were worth! I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would go back in a heartbeat to this wonderful gem in Amsterdam! Thanks so much, Natalie, for making our stay the best ever!

Room Tip: The bed and breakfast deluxe rooms are spacious and give you a lot of privacy. You can come and go...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Be very careful, we went to this hotel as part of a large group, I was supposed to be staying in a deluxe triple room at a cost of 652EUR for 3 nights, which I considered to be quite a lot for a 2/3 star hotel. We arrived at the hotel and were taken to a room in the adjacent Boutique hotel view Bed and Breakfast which meant that we only had 1 large key between 3 men, not great as we all wanted to come and go at different times. When we got to the room I can only say that it was not a triple, it would have been a nice double but once the 3 beds were made up there was virtually zero floor space. We then saw another of the rooms that some of the rest of our group were staying in and were amazed that we were being charged the same price for a far inferior room. Our room was not a deluxe triple but that is what they charged for, I know this as on their website it says all deluxe rooms have a safe, ours did not. We requested a room like the one our friends had and was met with "sorry there are no more rooms". When we got into the room it was made up with one double bed, we decided to move the beds and unfortunately broke a bedside lamp whilst doing this (this wouldn't have happened if the room was set up as we had requested). When I went to reception to tell them of the accident it seems they thought that this was another way to make more money off us and proceeded to charge me 150 eur for a new lamp (it was supposedly an antique), I found this hard to take as the other pair to this lamp already had a broken top and I couldn't understand why you would have 300EUR of bedside lamps in a 2/3 star hotel. In the end I just paid the money and moved on but I would advise people against staying here as if they can they will try and rip you off.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

This hotel is a must to stay in - friendly reception on arrival, helpful for information. Homely setting for breakfast with relaxed atmosphere for eating. Room was great, comfy bed and clean and well tended. Stayed 4 nights and well situated to plenty of eateries and trams and canal boats. Decor of room was neutral and not overpowering - well appointed. Thought the two cats and the dog were great and very friendly but not a nuisance. Breakfast was 0800-1100 hours and nothing was any trouble - pancakes are a must have!!! Definitely would book into this hotel again if I return to Amsterdam. Top marks to the owner and the staff - well done and keep up the good work as I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Amsterdam and to have somewhere friendly to return to at the end of the day was most encouraging.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Boutique Hotel View? Share your experiences!