“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Wales, UK
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

A real pleasure to stay in. Very comfortable, quiet and well located. The owner Natalie was kindness itself, friendly and helpful. At her suggestion we were upgraded at no charge to a larger room. Only a 2-star hotel, but very much better than some 4-stars I've stayed in.

Room Tip: We chose a room with a canal view
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Very comfortable place. Just 2 steps from night club Melkweg. Good starting point to walk around Amsterdam center. The manager Nataly is very kind and help us with everything. Spend a wonderful New Year! Big thanks!

Room Tip: 202 wonderful design!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I have to say this was my 7th hotel in 2 weeks in Europe and one of my best stays. The location is great 3 min walk to the trams/ buses its about 6 stops from the Red light very quiet location you don't hear any traffic noise. The owners were the best very friendly and very helpful with sightseeing directions and map. They emailed me great instructions for different ways to get there from the airport. We took the bus it was a 20 min ride and only 6 euros each. She even carried my 50 pound bag up 2 flights of stairs and man the stairs are steep. The Twin room had a canal view with a balcony high ceilings nice bathroom and internet. Beds were comfortable to sleep on. Breakfast was included and her pancakes were sooo good and I don't normally eat pancakes.

I would with out a doubt stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

The hotel itself and the lady manager were lovely. It's in a great position, round the corner from a bustling square, but quiet enough in it's position to get a good nights sleep. You can walk everywhere, no need to get trams if you don't want to.

My disappointment arose due to the fact that we did not receive the room we had paid for. I had booked this weekend as a birthday surprise for my partner, it was also made more special as it was our last weekend together before he had to go away for 6 months to work. I had booked a deluxe double with canal view, the money for this was taken before we arrived, however on arrival we only received a small double with canal view. Whilst the room we received was fine, and really rather nice for a "small double", it is not what we had paid for. We arrived on a Friday night and only stayed until the Sunday. We rushed in on friday night, did not pay much attention to the room and left again to have dinner/drinks, on the Saturday we went out to sight see. Whilst we were out on the Saturday, I checked the website to ensure that I was correct in the fact that we hadn't received the correct room and on our return to the hotel we brought this up with the guy on the desk. He unfortunately did not deal with our complaint very well and made it seem like we were to blame for not realising sooner. The matter was eventually resolved the following morning (Sunday) we did not get the room we had wanted, but did get a refund on the price we had paid. Whilst this was fine, it would have been nice to get what we had paid for in the first instance. I could understand the mix up if we had booked through a third party, however we booked through the hotel's own website and therefore I really do feel there was no excuse to be given the wrong room. It did feel in a way that the guy that directed us to the room in the first place was attempting to take advantage of us because we were a younger couple.

You might think I would not return, this is not the case, as I stated before, the hotel itself was lovely, and in a great position. Although I might have a bit of anxiety about booking again, I would, I'd just be sure to confirm my booking prior to my arrival.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

As other reviewers have said, the location of this hotel is great being so close to the Leidesplein, which is full of restaurants etc, good for having dinner and then a short walk back to the hotel. The service was friendly and the rooms were very clean. Also importantly, for me anyway, was that we had a very nice looking room, and although we weren't in it that much it was still a pleasant surprise (also as the room was very large). Would definitely recommend.

Budapest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I have just returned from a romantic Amsterdam weekend spent at Boutique Hotel with my lover. This family owned hotel really made our weekend. Natalie, the oldest sister was just managing this hotel in such a nice personal style. When I arrived, the the mother was just making their own dinner, and since I had to wait for my boyfriend to arrive yet, and felt kind of lonely, they immediately invited me to join them. Our room was just perfect. Nice, spacious, warm and lovely. Got all the help when asking for something. Also the hotel was just a waling distance of everything. Not more than 10 minutes. I definitely recommend this hotel, and I loved to be back really soon to both this hotel and this wonderful city.

Room Tip: We asked for a larger room than the general ones, since we read in the reviews that the basic rooms...
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

The location of this converted canal house is excellent: one block off the leidseplein (at the southern end of the central canal ring). The location makes it possible to walk to almost all the places we wanted to visit. Amsterdam is a walking city but you have to be careful of all the bicycles!

The staff is excellent, both in their operation of the hotel and their treatment of their guests. Natalie, the owner-manager, couldn't have been more helpful. We booked a small double room and she informed us that the small room would be too small for us so she upgraded us to a much larger room without our asking and for no additional cost. Suggestions as to restaurants, etc. were always terrific, as were general conversations during breakfasts (optional but great Dutch pancakes).

The room was more than large enough to handle the two of us and a lot of luggage (which Natalie carried up to the third floor as there is no elevator). The view from the room was the intersection of two canals and was quite pleasant.

My wife and I both felt we would like to visit this great city again in a few years and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Although you have to walk up and down three flights, the room we had was more than adequate for the...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Boutique Hotel View? Share your experiences!