“The place to stay at in Amsterdam” 5 of 5 stars

Boutique Hotel View
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Leidsekade 77, 1017PM Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #34 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Montreal, Canada
“The place to stay at in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

This quaint hotel just re-opened in January and already shot into Amsterdam's top 15 hotels and after having spent 3 nights there, I am not surprised! New owners Natalie and Udo are lovely hosts, pleasant, warm and always welcoming. Natalie's breakfasts are a MUST and are always served with a smile. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the hotel is perfectly located in the Leidseplein district, which is Amsterdam's centre for great restaurants, theatres and museums. The shopping is great, too! The hotel is a 15 minute walk or a 5-minute tram ride to the old town district and is easily accessible from the airport via bus route 197.

If I ever go back to Amsterdam, I will definitely stay at the Boutique Hotel View again and I recommend it to anyone planning a trip to Amsterdam.

Thank you Natalie and Udo, you guys ROCK!

Room Tip: Steep stairs may be hard to climb so ask for a room on the lower floors if it 's a health issue...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

580 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Rockville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

My "girls" travel group went to Amsterdam this year. Based on Trip Advisor recommendations, we decided to stay at Boutique Hotel View. What a wonderful place. The location is excellent--located on a beautiful canal but walk 2 short blocks and you are in the middle of rocking Leidsplein and only a 5-10 minute walks to the Museumplein and Vondelpark. There is a bus that goes directly from the airport to this square, which we found out about for our return flight. 5 different tram lines are available in Leidsplein, although we walked everywhere in the city after we got our bearings. The canal house in which the hotel is located is charming. Natalie, the owner, is amazing. She flips fluently from English to Dutch to German (I'm sure she speaks other languages as well) and deftly cooks you a lovely breakfast to order while she sees to the front desk. At first I was a little disappointed that I got my coffee (and tea, Cappuccino, hot chocolate, etc.) from a machine but it really grew on me and I ended up really liking the Cappuccino. It uses fresh milk and good quality coffee. Obviously a state of the art single cup maker. Our room was a triple, which was snug for 3 women (one of us slept on the pullout couch) but clean and comfortable. The bathroom is tiny--be prepared for the shower to be stall-less. In other words, you pull a shower curtain across half of the tiny bathroom and take your shower just standing in front of the toilet, there is a drain in the floor. Worked fine, just a little strange to adjust to, since we are used to shower stalls or tubs. I have encountered this before in Europe. The room was a little dark, but we spent so little time in it, no big deal. I would stay in this hotel again in a heartbeat--it was very inexpensive and a fabulous find. Thank you Natalie and thank you Trip Advisor for steering us to this little jewel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
somerset,england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Boutique view is a very clean,modern & well situated hotel. It is within walking distance to any where in Amsterdam. It was quiet yet just around the corner from one of the main squares. Natalie the manager was extremely hospitable,nothing was too much bother for her.I would recommend this to anyone, we were a group of 7, but equally I would feel happy with just my partner. Rooms were very clean (a little small but that was a small double!) & one of the best beds I have ever slept on!

Room Tip: Small double really are small but Amsterdam is so expensive I was just happy it was clean & mode...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011 via mobile

I arrived in Amsterdam at 8:30 am.
For some reason I did not have the name of my hotel on with my reservation ID#. All offices were closed back in the US for at least 6 hours.
I called this hotel to see if I was booked with them & spoke to Nathalie, she confirmed that I did not have res w/them but that I could come & she would help me.
I was welcomed given coffee, my luggage was stored safely, & Nathalie started making calls for me. As I waited for an hour I had a chance to chat with some of the quests, all had a wonderful time and would book here again without hesitation.
My hotel info was found & off I went. If I had not already had a prepaid booking I would have definitely stayed.
I will be forever grateful for Nathalie's warmth & kindness to a stranded female traveling alone & when I come back I will be booking here!

• Stayed October 2010
Collingswood, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for the first 3 days of our european honeymoon and were very pleased with our time here. We arrived a few hours early and our room was not ready. Natalie, the very friendly girl who checked us in, offered to hold our luggage for us so we could go find some food while they prepare the room for us. When we returned she informed us that we had been upgraded for free. She immediately grabbed 2 of our 3 bags and insisted on showing us to our room (the only hotel to do this out of the 5 we visited). First she showed us the original room we had booked, then the upgraded room and let us choose! We opted for the larger upgraded room, naturally. The room and the hotel in general was clean and the decor was classy. The beds we comfortable and the towels were nice and soft, two important things that can be taken for granted when booking a room. I believe there was free WIFI but we did not bring our laptops. However, we were in luck as there are 2 computers available with internet access. The location was great. A quiet street along the canal. Very close to Liedsplien where there are some resturaunts to choose from, close to some shopping and more fast food type choices (i reccomend wok to walk) and smaller cafes, and close to tram station making it easy to get around the city. Quiet neighborhood, great for sleeping in or those early to bed.
The hotel itself was always a peacful environment and the staff was very friendly and helpful with directions and such. I feel the need to mention inparticular our friends Natalie and Puck who greeted us every morning. One morning in particular Natalie took the time to get online and help us plan out a day outside of the city which required taking a tram, an underground train, and a bus, as well as some walking. After researching and finding us a route she printed it all out for us and reviewed it with us making sure we understood the directions. It turned out to be a great day and we found our way just fine thanks to Natalie's help.
Last but certainly not least, they do serve a breakfast there in the morning which consists of the usual coffee, tea, juice, meats, cheeses, fruit, yogurt, cereal, croisants and bread. But every morning Natalie offered to cook us something as well and everymorning we took her up on it. Pancakes with cheese and bacon cooked into the pancake! Delicious!!! She did offer other varieties but after trying this one we continued to ask for it every other day! And she was happy to do it for us. Best breakfast of the whole trip!
The hotel and surrounding area is nice and met all of our expectations, but the staff surpassed them. They really made us feel like guests and not simply customers. I reccomend staying here highly and if you do, say hello to piccolo and his brother for me :)

Room Tip: The rooms facing the garden were quite nice. Its really not much of a garden to see, but it is quiet...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Vossevangen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Stayed at View during my first trip to Amsterdam, and will stay there again! Small hotel (14 rooms) with a very personal touch, excellent breakfast; omelets or pancakes, your choice:-). Close to Leidseplein, with numerous restautants and pubs, Hop On Hop off just around the corner, and the rest of the city easily accessible by tram.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I had a great experience at this hotel. Very clean, room size was ample and for how close it was to the main city center, price was excellent. Udo, Nathalie and staff were fantastic and I will definately stay ay this hotel for my future trips to Amsterdam. Dina, Toronto Canada

Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Boutique Hotel View? Share your experiences!