“Glad we called in!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gauchos - Spuistraat

Gauchos - Spuistraat
Spuistraat 3e, Amsterdam 1012 SP, The Netherlands (Dam Square)
+31 206257272
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #442 of 2,229 restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dam Square
Description: Gauchos in the Spuistraat is a modern grill restaurant in the center of Amsterdam. Casual overseer, "Latin Heat" and an extensive menu original meat and fish dishes from the grill.Excellent opportunity for private dinners and large groups.Located close to the Central Station and the parking is in front (garage De Kolk)Gauchos Spuistraat is open 7 days a week from 17:00.
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Glad we called in!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Had a great meal here on a whim, a little bit on the expensive side for what we had but then again we were right in the centre of the city just away from Dam Square, we both had the Saint Maarten (Chicken and Ribs Combo), well cooked and very tasty, the house red wasn't great but the Caipiranhas and the service were!

Visited May 2013

72% Recommend
Great Yarmouth, England
“Consistently excellent steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I've been to this restaurant quite a few times now (and my husband far more times than me) and I/we have NEVER had anything but an excellent steak - the prices may not be the cheapest but I'm pretty sure they're not the most expensive either - in this case you get what you pay for, great food and excellent service (always). I must admit our last visit was not the most peaceful as a rather large, rather noisy stag party arrived just after we'd ordered our food - however they were good natured and didn't interfere with anyone else (apart from noise levels) thus we enjoyed our meal as much as ever.................keep up the good work Gaucho's

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Argentinian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

One of the best restaurants in Amsterdam!!
Very good atmosphere and the the service excellent!
The steaks and the salad amazing!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northern Ireland
“Best Steak!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Dined here with my husband and two grown up children. We had'nt booked and the restaurant was very busy, but they managed to find us a table. This is a lovely restaurant with a great atmosphere and the steaks are to die for. I really doubt you will get a better steak anywhere in amsterdam. I would definitely make sure to book a table next time I am in amsterdam. Oh and the prices are great as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
York, United Kingdom
“A good steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This restaurant gives greedies the opportunity to try 'Man versus Food' as they offer some of the most enormous steaks I have ever seen.

For the rest of us, there is plenty of choice in terms of cut and size of steak, and I did notice they also had swordfish on the menu. The side dishes were good and it had a decent wine list.

It's reasonably well placed being about 5 minutes walk from Centraal Station, and maybe 10 minutes from Dam Square.

Visited April 2013