“One of the best Indian Ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Koh-i-Noor

Koh-i-Noor
Westermarkt 29 | Near Anne Frank Huis, 1016 DJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
+31 20 623 3133
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #43 of 2,482 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Description: Free wi-fi in both retsuarants . 1. Westermarkt 29.1016 Dj. Amsterdam.2. Rokin 18. 1012 Kr amsterdam.
Paris, France
“One of the best Indian Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015 NEW

I came to this restaurant based on the reviews and I must say that I was not at all disappointed. The food is amazing, especially the cheese naan, it is as good as it is in Paris.

Apart from the swift service, the owner offered us tea after the meal and had a great chat with us. We also talked to one of the waiters and they were all very charming.

I must also add that the boss of the restaurant is so passionate about Indian food and the restaurant that he makes sure he makes you feel at home.

Mr Singh, lots of regards from Paris

If you ever visit Paris, please let me know.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Hebrew first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Lovely Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2015 NEW

Saturday evenings I usually go for a meal with a British friend and we decided to try Koh-I-Noor as we'd read the good reviews and we both have a love of spicey food.
It was full when we arrived but a table was found at the back for the two of us. We saw that there was no chicken vindaloo on the menu which is my companion's usual dish; this was no problem for the manager who arranged a chicken madras along with the vindaloo for us to compare. The food arrived quickly and was excellent, just as we had hoped for both dishes were spicey, with the vindaloo at the perfect level - not mind-blowing numbing heat but a lovely tingling afterglow inducing a slight sweat by the end.
We'll definitely visit again and will be our curry house of choice in Amsterdam now.

Thanks!

M & L

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lille, France
“not indian”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2015 NEW

i went to have luncg.mr syed greeted me with scorn.it was terrible to be replied on asking if i could get the veggie menu written outside..his reply.."i dint write that".his next reply "its v less" ..excuse me i asked if it was sufficient fr one person..lolll.." i dont kno..depends"..wen i asked if they accepted card..he was again rude..anyways..these guys are not indian..this is just to remind any non indian..thats why they do not kno indian hospitality..i think may b paki sindhis...infact in hv visited indian restaurants ..majority of which are run by pakistanis..but they are v polite and nice..but these guys hv no idea..better b at back end mate..you spoilt my mood...also lot of shouting cld b heard from the kitchen...compared to other dutch restraunts i visted last few days..this was hell with a devil...food quality was good..well made ..litle over priced fr quantity...

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Indian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2015 NEW

By chance we found ourselves here for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Staff is friendly and very helpful--unafraid to recommend. I chose chicken tikka tandoori (13,50 E) and my partner ordered chicken tikka masala (12,75E) with nan. Everything was delicious-- chicken soft, flavorful, and not dried out. My ice cream dessert was a great complement to the meal.. Open 5-11:30 daily. Delivery option--free with orders above 50E, otherwise 1,25 E is charged. Phone: 020-623 31 33. Worth a visit!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Indian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2015

Food really nice and authentic, staff really friendly with a smile always on.
I live in UK where there is a big indian food culture: the best compliment I can make is that if I would live in Amsterdam, I would be a regular of Koh-i-Noor.
Keep doing whaytyou are doing guys, it explains why you are trading from 1981!

Visited January 2015