“Short changed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Koh-i-Noor

Koh-i-Noor
Westermarkt 29 | Near Anne Frank Huis, 1016 DJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Canal Ring (Grachtengordel))
+31 20 623 3133
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #49 of 2,578 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Doing business, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Free wi-fi in both retsuarants . 1. Westermarkt 29.1016 Dj. Amsterdam.2. Rokin 18. 1012 Kr amsterdam.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Short changed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

If this is the best Indian in Amsterdam, I wouldn't like to try any other, food quality was poor, they focused on quantity rather than quality, I had the mixed plate to start, poorly presented and poor quality, my wife had onion bhaji, both mains were poor, they came with a pile of rice which had mixed veg through it which we found strange, and also an uninspiring salad which didn't look fresh and wasn't touched, we seen loads of salad going back to the kitchen untouched, there was no need for it.
The bill came to about 63 euro, I gave them 100, change came back 10 short, as soon as I pointed this out to the waiter he knew straight away how much short he was, looked deliberate to us, I wouldn't ever return here.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
sardool s, Owner at Koh-i-Noor, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review on trip advisor. I am surprised to read all this. When you and your wife were here you were saying all the time"it is very good etc". Now because of one mistake from one waiter everything is BAD. Anybody can make a mistake.I know it is bad but it was not done intentionally.As you said that waiter /we knew exactly how much short it was. It is not right
as I came back from outside ( you know that) and i have seen the change myself then i shouted at the waiter to give correct change. He did the same and we all of us ask SORRY so many times .
Also, when you were complaining about this, you heard from other customers in the restaurant that "this is not that kind of people and restaurant.".We are doing this restaurant business for more than 32 years and nobody has ever questioned our honesty and integrity. Sir, with all the respect for your ten Euros, we would not cheat any customer even for 10 cents. Because of your review, I had to shout on the same waiter for this mistake, he got really upset and left the restaurant and went home. I am not sure if he will be coming back to work.

If we were like that we could never exist so long. ANY ONE MAY COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR QUALITY BUT WE DON"T ACCEPT COMPLAINS ABOUT OUR HONESTY as we are maybe the only restaurant who have been giving free food to homeless for years now. If we had to cheat someone, we would have never engaged in such noble activities...even then we are sorry for the mistake (not done intentionally).

At last, if you are not satisfied with our reasons, if you are still in Amsterdam, please come back and collect the amount you paid or send us your bank details and we will transfer back the money to you.

Best regards from Koh-i-noor management.

• Hebrew first
Oslo, Norway
“Ok restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The food was ok, but nothing special. We've had much better Indian food elsewhere. The portions were large and the prices relatively low. But I don't understand how this resultant has achieved a rating among the top ten in Amsterdam.

Istanbul, Turkey
“Nice and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We visit Koh-i-Noor and we really like, the prices are acceptable, service was great. everything was wonderwull.
It was very clean also.
I recommended to everybody

Thanks a lot
Talat SEN and Olga Barteneva

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Rare good Indian Restaurant in Amsterdam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I order delivery food from here all the time. I'm British and so I understand that you have to be very wary when ordering Indian food in Amsterdam. This is probably the best Indian restaurant in the city, great curries, good sized portions and the people who run it are super nice. Highly recommended!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Go and eat in Koh-i-noor and you won t regret it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

For me as an Amsterdammer it s the best indian restaurant that i know in Amsterdam. You eat very good in a pleasant ambiance for a reasonable price

• Visited February 2014