“A fantastic stay, would thoroughly recommend this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #30 of 346 Hotels in Amsterdam
Warwick, United Kingdom
“A fantastic stay, would thoroughly recommend this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Friendly staff for whom nothing was too much trouble from checking in for our two nights stay through leaving yesterday morning. We were allocated room 706 which was spotless, comfortable and extremely quiet. All the staff we encountered were extremely friendly, breakfast was plentiful and the town centre could easily be reached in 10 minutes via Tram lines 1 and 17. ( Get off/on at Surinameplein as that's only 5 minutes walk from the hotel)
The SkyBar was nice, with a DJ on Saturday night and a lovely selection of cocktails.
Don't hesitate in booking this hotel.

Room Tip: The 7th floor is quiet and offers good views. Room 706 gave onto the back of the hotel so there was...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Greek first
BURTON ON TRENT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed at this hotel this week for our 25th wedding anniversary and what can I say that hasn't been said.
A lovely clean hotel with friendly and knowledgeable staff.
From check in to check out nothing was too much trouble.Reception staff booked us tickets and even printing our boarding cards for our return journey.
On arrival in our room there were chocolates,roses,strawberries and a chilled bottle of Prosecco,what a lovely thought.
Breakfast whilst not cheap was good quality and plenty of it.
We didn't eat in the restaurant but did eat in the bar,the food was lovely ,hot and came quickly.
When I mentioned that my wine glass was dirty it was removed and refilled on the house without any fuss but with great apologies.
The tram is a 5 min walk to take you into the city and very easy and cheap.
We would defiantly return to Amsterdam and although out of the city would use this hotel again as we had such a lovely experience here.I stay in hotels all week with work and they have everything sorted for the customer.
Well done to all the team.

Room Tip: our floor was the 8th and very quiet
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear ChrisBurtonOnTrent,
What a pleasure to read your review of your recent stay with us. Thank you for celebrating your 25th wedding anniversary in the WestCord Fashion.
I‘m delighted to read that the hotel and my entire team have met your expectations! As a General Manager I’m proud to have such dedicated team members! Thank you for choosing our us and for considering to come back in the future! A returning guest is the best compliment we can get.
Dorchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I am, of course, the perfect hotel guest. I check in and out on time, leave my room each day in a relatively tidy state, do not disturb other guests and do not steal the hairdryer or the little bottles of unused shower gel. In the Westcord Fashion Hotel it is very easy to be the perfect guest as there is precious little to complain about. From the welcome where the three couples were checked in extremely efficiently with a full briefing of the hotel facilities and how to make the best of our city break through to the final checkout the experience was flawless. The breakfast each day was more than adequate (although I'm not keen on chicken sausages) and the restaurant on the one evening in which we dined was perfection. I'd like to emphasise how good the restaurant is as the food was cooked to perfection. It was good to see a set menu at a reasonable price as well as the à la carte. Each course was described by the attentive but not intrusive waitresses as it was served. The chef came to the table at the end of the meal which was a nice touch; he should be proud and pleased with his kitchen.
Reception was always available for booking tickets and transport advice. The hotel bar was a wonderful haven after a day and evening sightseeing in a not particularly pedestrian friendly but fascinating city. The Skybar good for an evening preprandial.
We would certainly return.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear debdigitus,
“Perfection”, what a great start of a review! Thank you for staying with us and for giving us the highest score possible. I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! I will share your feedback with my entire team. I’m sure they will all be proud to read it. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests in the future! A returning guest is the best compliment we can get!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We arrived late and sat down as the only people in the restaurant. The service was fantastic and we did not feel rushed whatsoever. The food was really amazing, one of the best meals I've had. Then we went up to the bar for cocktails. Overall this hotel is one of the nicest I've stayed in. It's boutique and small but very very clean and modern.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Char C,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. Your compliments about Fashion’s Restaurant and Skyybar are highly appreciated and will be shared with my entire team. Our Chef, Stephane Besse, and the Fashion team will be proud to read your feedback! Thank you for recommending our hotel to others. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The first half of my trip was spent in a terrible central Amsterdam hotel (business trip!) but the second was a city break and so I booked a more fancy hotel. I'm so glad I did as my hotel room was so lovely that I did a little dance when I got in there! fabulous big beds, beautiful bathroom with a big big, deep bath and separate shower. It was very clean and tidy and comfortable. The staff were lovely and we took full advantage of the swimming pool in the basement (which is included in the price of a room). The restaurant is pricey so I just had bitterballen and a coffee which were both reasonably priced (and yummy!) and I was out in Amsterdam the rest of the time so didn't try out the sky bar, breakfast or evening meals. Geographically Derkinderenstraat tramstop is closest but it's a real pain to get to the hotel from there thanks to the motorway, so instead get off at the stop before (Surinameplein) and walk straight ahead for 5 minutes, there is the Fashion hotel! Trams 1 & 17 run to / from central station and are regular. The only bad point I could find about the hotel is that the pillows on the bed are super deep, so even with one they were still too high for both me and my boyfriend and we ended up cricking our necks a bit, but otherwise it was one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in!

Dear Cass P,
Thank you for moving from a centre hotel to the WestCord Fashion Hotel! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliment with regards to our location and facilities are highly appreciated. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests when your travel plans bring you back to Amsterdam!
Croydon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We booked a long weekend for my fiancees birthday at the Westcord.We were impressed from the moment we entered the building.The quirkiness of the hotel was refreshing as so many city hotels are bland and unimaginative.

We booked a long weekend at the Westcord for my fiancees birthday.From the moment we entered the hotel we were impressed.The quirkiness of the hotel was very refreshing as so many city hotels are bland and unimaginative.
The room we stayed in was very well appointed,the bathroom was exceptional and the bed was very large and very comfortable. The thing which most impressed us was the friendliness and helpfulness of every member of staff we encountered.We travelled to the hotel by train and tram from Schipol which was easy.The only improvement I would make is to move the hotel nearer to the tramstop or vice-versa(just my little joke). Seriously though the Westcord is one of the best if not the best hotel I have ever visited.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the rear of the hotel It was very quiet. I cannot comment on other rooms b...
Dear Amberose63,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments about the service provided by my team. As a general manager am proud to have such dedicated team members. Your comments are highly appreciated and will be shared with them. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to the WestCord Fashion Hotel I do hope to get the cance to welcome you again!
Kind regards,
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

From the minute we set foot in the hotel we were so impressed! Having looked at other hotels closer to the city centre we found that they were all a little over priced, so looked at this hotel and never looked back!

The hotel is around a 10 minute journey on the train from Schipol airport, which was very easy to get to/from. There is a tram stop about a 5 minute walk from the hotel which takes you straight into the centre of Amsterdam in around 10 minutes max (either tram 1 or tram 17 will take you to dam square/central station etc). Both myself and my boyfriend bought a 3 day pass at the airport when we landed which entitled us to a return journey to/from Schipol, unlimited use of the trams/metro/buses/ferries which was excellent value at only 25 euros each (highly recommended!) So the location of the hotel for us was fine and public transport is within walking distance as mentioned already. We never had to wait any longer than 5 minutes for a tram into or out of the city centre.

The hotel itself is situated in a nice area and is visible from the tram stop, which let us know which direction we needed to go to find the hotel when we were arriving.

We were greeted on arrival to the hotel by a lovely member of staff who checked us in and gave us all the information we needed within about 5-10 minutes so we didn't have to wait about. She also gave us a map of Amsterdam which was very useful as it was our first time visiting the city. We arrived up to the room which was exactly like the pictures which are shown, very modern, clean and tidy with facilities such as a safe, kettle, coffee maker, TV, both a bath and a separate shower, the toilet was in a separate room from the bath and shower which was good as the door into the shower/bath was transparent and you could see through it, although this wasn't a problem for us so we didn't mind. After 15 minutes of being in the room we got a phone call from reception to see if everything was alright and if there was anything else which they could do for us which I thought was very thoughtful.

I would recommend the bar on the top floor which served the most amazing cocktails and had a live DJ on both the Friday and Saturday night. We didn't have time to try the spa or swimming pool :( but I am sure they are also great.

Overall a lovely hotel with a nice atmosphere and very nice friendly staff who would do anything to help you with anything you need. We only ate in the hotel once, which was very tasty, so can't really comment on what the food is like as breakfast was not included in our deal.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again :)

Dear Anita M,
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for sharing your extensive feedback on Tripadvisor. I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5! Your compliments are highly appreciated and will be shared with my entire team! I am sure they will read it with pride! I look forward to welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the future! A returning guest is the biggest compliment we can get!
nico.evers@westcordhotels.nl

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!