“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #30 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Southport, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

This is well overdue, but stayed earlier in the year and couldn't of knocked it!
Room was beautiful and quirky, both bars were great and served nice wine and snacks!!! The service was always fab too!
We had breakfast both mornings as we got a decent package, there was so much choice and it was all lovely and fresh.
I've noticed a few people moan about the location but do your research before hand and your fine! You can see the tram stop from the hotel, it really isn't far! If anything, it's nice to see all the different places along the way into the centre!
You really can't knock it for value for money and would definitely stay there again!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Greek first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

One train stop from the airport and then a short walk or bus ride - one stop on the bus to get to this hotel. Very reasonably priced, clean and comfortable rooms. Swimming pool excellent after a day in Amsterdam. Food at the bar very good. Staff all very helpful. Definitely would recommend and would stay there again when visiting Amsterdam. We arrived early after a morning flight and there was no problem accessing our room and departure was at 12noon which suited our afternoon flight out.

Room Tip: we were on the 4th floor and had no complaints
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear flymeLondn,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you rate us with the highest score possible. Thank you for returning in the future. That is the best compliment we can get!
WestCord fashion Hotel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here for 3 nights at the start of November! What a fabulous hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Food in the hotel was fantastic. Very short walk to the tram to get into the city. Does not take as long as some people are saying! We had a great time at this hotel and make sure you visit the sky bar on the 10th floor! Cocktails are fab!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Dearbhla M,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments about our location and the Skyybar are highly appreciated. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed here with my girlfriend in May 2014 and it we both enjoyed the stay.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and we were well looked after, not just during our stay, but before and after.
Ajax happened to be playing their last home game on the weekend we were there and I had no luck getting tickets online so I contacted the hotel and asked if they could advise me on how to obtain tickets once I arrived in Amsterdam. They didn't just offer advice. Instead, Michael and Nick went out of their way for us, emailing me with an image of the stadium asking where we wanted to sit, and booking the tickets for us.
When we got to the airport, we realised we had left behind a caricature in our room, so I called the hotel and they had it sent to us immediately.
The hotel is just outside the city centre but we didn't find this to be a major issue as we were able to rent bikes from the hotel and Vondelpark is only a 15 minute walk from the hotel and we may not have bothered seeing this if it wasn't between the hotel and the city centre.
Even if cycling isn't your thing, the nearest tram stop is no more than a 5 minute walk from the hotel.
The room was spacious and clean, and the bed comfortable.
We really enjoyed the Skyy bar on the top floor. The music and cocktails were both excellent.
We will definitely stay here again when we return to Amsterdam.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Trevor S,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that we have met your expectations and that you rate us with 5 out of 5! Thank you for your compliments to my team and for Nick and Michael in particular. As a general manager I’m very proud to have such dedicated team members. I will share your feedback with my entire team! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again in the near future!
Kindest regards
New York, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I would have given this hotel 4 stars if it wasn't for the location. I had very few complaints (other than the wifi being completely anemic). However, it is 0.5 mile walk to the nearest tram stop and then a 20 minute tram ride to the center of Amsterdam. If you're going to work nearby or a conference, this place would be great. But if you are going to sightsee, you will spend a lot of time getting to and from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear NYCBeachNuts,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in general! I'm sorry to read that you had some difficulties with our location. Unfortunately I can't change the location, I can only emphasize that the City Centre is only 10 minutes by tram (Leidseplein). On a bicycle (which we provide for rent) it is only 5 minutes to the Vondelpark. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam and I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guest in the future!
Merelbeke, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel is just perfect if you want to stay in Amsterdam just outside the 'real' center. We hired bikes (available in the hotel) and could reach the heart of Amsterdam in 5 minutes biking crossing the lovely Vondel park.
We really loved the large rooms and the free wifi (I really hate the paper with codes you have to use for maximum 2 devices), the quietness and the nice swimming pool. The restaurant in the hotel was really very good, the staff was almost too friendly. After dinner we enjoyed a cocktail in de Skybar which offers a really nice view. The parking underneath the hotel is also a plus for us. We are definitely going to stay here again next time we are going to visit Amsterdam !

Room Tip: Rooms on the nineth floor may be a little bit too noisy during the weekend because of the Skybar, we...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear argusje6,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel so much. As an Amsterdam citizen I happy that you are mentioning our rental bikes. I always cycle and it is the best and funniest way to explore Amsterdam. Thank you for coming back in the future, that is the biggest compliment we can get!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is my 4th stay I think that tells you all you need to know.

The hotel and rooms are clean and modern. Has everything you need.
Including a small indoor pool.

Tram 1 gets you into the centre of town.

Well worth the price and hard to beat. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed November 2014
Dear BuuBuu 16,
It's great to have you as a regular guest! I'm delighted to read that you are enjoying your stay’s so much. I thank you for posting your experiences on Tripadvisor and for recommending to others! I will share your comments with my entire team!
Hope to meet you again soon!
Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!