“Really great experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #30 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Leuven
“Really great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This hotel is located outside of the city, which makes it ideal if you travel to Amsterdam by car. Just leave it in the parking lot and take the tram to the city.
Nice swimming pool, really secure hallways, great breakfast and very big rooms with a nice bathroom. For me, the best price/quality hotel in Amsterdam.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Multi3010,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that we have met your expectations! Your compliment are very appreciated. I will share your feedback with my entire team. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again!
Kindest regards
Nico Evers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Greek first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I just came back from this hotel and my review title says it all; it was faultless. The rooms were stunning; modern, stylish and sexy. The bed was amazingly comfortable and the wet room/shower/bathroom was so plush. I would put this on a par with the MalMaison hotels we have in the UK.
Breakfast was top quality too. There was a variety of cereal, fruit, juices, breads, continental meats, cheeses and pastries...as well as eggs, beans, tomatoes, sausage, bacon, mushrooms etc to please the Brits.
Reception staff were class. Mega professional, friendly and helpful. They ordered us a cab for 9 people (taxi firm sent a van and a cab)...it turned out that we need to take 11 people. The staff realised our mistake but managed to appease the cab driver and got him to send another van instead.
We spent a few hours in the very stylish and sleek Skyybar...top dj, chilled atmosphere and all the drinks under the sun.
I would love to go back to Amsterdam in the near future and when I do i'll definitely be staying at the Fashion hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear David_and_Conni,
"Faultless” what a great start for a review!
I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel! Your review reflects our desired guest experience!
Thank you for staying and for recommending our hotel to others! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guest in the near future!
Cirencester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We booked this hotel by chance not really knowing Amsterdam at all. The reviews all looked good but i was just unsure about the location. We are so thrilled that we stayed at The Westcord as i really couldn't fault it at all. We arrived at Schiphol Aiport and took a taxi as there were four of us and it worked out quite reasonable at just under 30 Euros. However, returning home today, we walked from the hotel to the train station ( just under 10 minutes ) and then once we boarded the train, we only had one stop until we were at the airport....It really was super quick...and so inexpensive. Dont be put off by the surrounding area of the hotel...It's not classic Amsterdam so if you want something quaint with pretty surroundings then it 's not the hotel for you. Bike rentals are available from the hotel and we found them to be excellent as the price includes insurance plus they are both high quality and comfortable bikes. It also means that you can cycle into town each day through the beautiful Vondelpark. For me, this was a real perk of having the hotel situated slighly out of the city centre. We ended up hiring the bikes for all of our duration there and i really do think that it's just the best way to see all the sights of this beautiful city.
We couldn't fault the staff at this hotel..They were all very friendly and went out of their way to help us with our questions and requests for directions.
The rooms were of a good size. Clean, light and airy with a good sized bathroom and seperate WC. Do be warned of the glass panels though in the bathrooms..They divide the bathroom and bedroom so you can see straight into the bathroom from the bedroom !!
Overall though, we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Amsterdam..Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so wonderful...When we return to Amsterdam we will certainly be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear 100Susieq,
“Superb hotel” what a great start for a review! Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. As an Amsterdam citizen I can confirm that a bicycle is the best transport to discover our beautiful city.
Thank you for recommending our hotel to others! I do look forward to your next visit. A returning guest is the best compliment we can get!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I visited this hotel with my girlfriend for our 2 year anniversary and we both agree this is the best hotel we've ever stayed in. Getting from the airport to the hotel was a 20 minute train ride and a short stroll. To get anywhere from the hotel was a 5 minute walk to the tram stop.

The staff were very friendly and couldn't have done more to help us. At check in we were handed an envelope full of various discounts to use during our trip and after being in the room for 20 minutes we got a phone call to check that we were happy with the room and there wasn't anything further we needed.

The room itself was very clean and the bed was MASSIVE, something my girlfriend is still raving about just now. The room had a quirky layout with the toilet in a separate room to the shower and bath. The room had a safe and extra pillows & duvet if we needed them as well as air conditioning.

Breakfast was plentiful and would make even the fussiest of eaters (my girlfriend) happy. The staff were more than happy to help out with any dietary requirements.

The hotel also let you hire out bikes instead of having to go to a bike rental shop. While they are slightly more expensive they don't require a deposit or having to hand over your passport unlike all the city hire shops. The only negative is that the bikes are a little on the large side which meant my girlfriend couldn't use them but the hotel were happy to refund us without any issue.

If we ever come back to Amsterdam this will be our first choice for somewhere to stay.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a room facing the inner courtyard as these seems to have a better view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MartynStewart,
Thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments are very appreciated and will be shared with my entire team. Thank you for recommending our hotel and for returning in the future. That is the best compliment we can get!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is by far the best hotel ive stayed in. It was clean trendy and staff were friendly. Beds were huge and the air con in the room was fantastic. I went when temp outside was over 30 degrees and the room was kept nice and cool so my sleep and relaxation werent effected by the hot weather. Toilet was separate from the bath and.shower which was awesome as it meant I wasnt rushed from my bubblebath ( which I could watch the rooms.tv.from) when my boyfriend needed the toilet. The only dissapointment was I was to short for the bikes they rented but even at that the hotel staff were fantastic.they tried to think of a resolution then refunded the money when it wasnt possible.
Breakfast was expensive but it was a nice treat, being a fussy eater.i didnt expect to enjoy it but I mounted my plate up and even had seconds:) cocktail bar again was slightly pricey but worth it to sit and enjoy a nice drink whilst looking out at the sunset/ scenery.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear lisa456h,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments will be shared with my entire team. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others! I look forward to your next visit!
calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

It was a great hotel, very clean, room was very modern. Staff was very friendly and helpful. They went out of way to ensure that they helped us book restaurants.
It was a little bit of a walk to the metro though. Overall, would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
County Londonderry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Absolutely amazing hotel. Ok so it's a short trsm ride into the city but the quality of this hotel more thsn makes up for that. Tram stop is 5mins away and so easy to use. Just returned from 3 days and would rebook again. The staff are excellent, and have a great local knowledge.The rooms are large with flat screen TV and really comfortable beds. Various special packages are available on arrival. We took a breakfast, evening meal, sauna, steam room package that included a cocktail in the skybar, which gives a fantastic view of the city at night. It was our 10th wedding anniversary and on discovering this the manager sent up chocolates, strawberries, champagne and a red rose for my wife. A really thoughtful surprise. As I said, just book this place. You will NOT be disappointed.

Room Tip: Any room is good but a high floor has great views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear DarrelCaskey,
What a wonderful review! Thank you for staying with us and for your compliments. If you are looking for a job as a sales manager I will be more than happy to hire you .
I’m delighted to read that our services and staff have met your expectations and I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again soon!
Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!