“Amazing hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #32 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The hotel is quite a way out of amsterdam but there is a tram stop down the road that will take you right to the centre.
The hotel really is good..rooms are big with comfortable beds and the bathrooms are amazing with big double ended baths and seperate waterfall showers. There is a safe in your room and they do not charge you for using it unlike some hotels. Its a great hotel if you want that little bit of luxury. .only downside for some people would be the location but if its too much hassle to get trams everyday just stay some were else.

• Stayed May 2014
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear DNC66,
I just read your review on Tripadvisor and I would like to thank you for your compliments. I’m very happy that you rate us with 5 out of 5! I will share your feedback with my entire team. I’m sure that they will read it with pride! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests when your travel plans bring you back to Amsterdam.
Nico Evers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Spent a week in the Westcord Fashion Hotel while visiting Amsterdam on holiday. Expected an austere business hotel so we were delighted to find ourselves in an artsy, luxurious facility. Both the bedroom and bath in our room were exceptionally large, very clean, comfortable, and stylishly furnished. It was exceedingly quiet. There was plenty of storage and desk space. A safe, tea kettle, iron, and ironing board were thoughtfully supplied. We enjoyed use of the well-maintained indoor pool daily.
Staff were friendly and helpful - seemed eager to please. Since everyone speaks English well, communication is no problem. The nearest tram stop is just a few blocks away and the public transit system is excellent and easy to use. Beautiful Vondel Park is close by as well as a very charming residential area with shops and restaurants.
Our only suggestion is that the hotel needs to offer an a la carte option for breakfast. Right now, guests have only the expensive buffet which looked excellent but was too much food for us. We were not aware of any nearby options for a light breakfast so had to purchase our breakfast supplies from the local supermarket every afternoon.
The hotel is an excellent value. We were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear FranTampa,
Thank you for staying with us! It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor and for recommending it to others! Your comment with regards to the breakfast is highly appreciated. We do sell coffee & croissants for guests who are less hungry in the morning. I do Hope to get the possibility to welcome you again as our guest!
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights for the weekend. Very clean hotel, lovely staff at reception and the hotel's restaurant offered delicious food. It's not close to the city centre so will need to take public transport which is in walking distance from the hotel. Our room was spotless and very comfortable. A great stay overall, nice and quiet area away from the city crowds.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Angelica B,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that we have met your expectations! Your compliment about our location is very appreciated. I will share your feedback with my entire team. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again!
Kindest regards
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed at the WestCord Fashion Hotel in July 2013. It really is a lovely hotel and the room was fantastic. We had one meal in the main restaurant whilst we stayed which really was a terrific experience. The food and staff were terrific and would thoroughly recommend at least one night in! The Cocktail Bar had great views of the surrounding areas although at night it was much better however, we felt a little like fish out of the water as we were surrounded by a bunch of young ones and quietly disappeared to our room after one drink.
The hotel is a little out of the city centre, but that didn't detract from a great weekend spent as a couple for my wife's birthday and catching trams everywhere just added to the romantic weekend we had together.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Theallens1105,
“Lovely hotel!” what a great start for a review! Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments are very appreciated and will be shared with my entire team. I hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests in the future. That will be the biggest compliment we can get!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had a really nice stay here, room was beautiful, clean, modern and spacious. Very quiet too. We were quite high so had a view of the city. Location wise was fine, you can catch a bus about a 5min walk down the road straight into central. We did not go for breakfast/dinner as stayed in the city. It did seem quite pricey, but cannot comment on quality. The roof bar was lovely, nice ambience; friendly staff too who mastered me a cocktail as I could not decide on a menu one. It was pricey again, but the same as all other roof bars in European cities. Overall a nice stay and one that I would recommend.... bathrooms do have glass walls, so the more modest guest might not appreciate those touches. We had a king deluxe room I think. Would stay again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kjr89,
Thank you for sharing your feedback and for all the kind words. I’m delighted to read that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Thank you for choosing our hotel and for recommending it to others. With regards to your comment about the glass in the bathroom I can inform you that we also have bathrooms with frosted glass available. I look forward to welcome you again to the WestCord Fashion Hotel! That will be the biggest compliment we can get!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend for two nights in March, the hotel is really nice, breakfast is great!! and the rooms are reallyyy nice and would definatly recommend this hotel but it is not in the centre. the tram stop is just down the road from the hotel and it does take you right into the centre of amsterdam (dam square and central station) where all the tourist attractions are and it is cheap to get a travel card and you will never wait long for a tram but if i went again i would prefer to be more central

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ashleigh h,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! I will pass your compliments to my entire team! With regards to our location I can inform you that the nearest Tramstop is at 400 meters and a ride into the Centre is only 10 minutes. Thank you for staying with us and for recommending it to others. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests!
Drogheda, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

A smart hotel outside central Amsterdam. A short walk from the Schipol train, and on into central Amsterdam. Modern hotel with full business facilities, clean functional rooms,

Hotel restaurant wasn't that bad, the food was really nice, The Bar in the hotel was up to standard and quite handy as well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Joan B,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that we have met your expectations! I will share your feedback with my entire team. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again!
Kindest regards
Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!