“Nice hotel in Amsterdam” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #32 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Nice, France
“Nice hotel in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The hotel is about 20 minutes from Central station thanks to tramway line 1 (surinameplein).
The room is very nice. Large bathroom with bath + shower.
The minibar is automatic so no fridge... don't expect to be able to store the holland cheeses you bought in a fresh place. The bar and swimming pool are nice too. Some would say it's a bit pricy but I think it is good for a clean and modern hotel not too far from city center. Breakfast is nice but still 19 €. Wifi is for free in the hotel and works well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Charrieras F,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments about our breakfast is very appreciated and will be shared with my entire team. I look forward to your next visit!
Nico Evers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

My young niece and I enjoyed our stay in this hotel in February and really enjoyed it. While the localtion is on a ring road it is has a residential areas nearby, good eating options and the lovely Vondel Park. The decor is quite funky themed on fashion, mannequins etc. The room was very comfortable with a full big bath and excellent shower. The mini bar is a mini vending machine which my niece loved. Wifi was excellent and I would recommend the brekfast there. The best choice of fresh and cooked food I have seen in a long time. We used the pool which is small and slightly cold. It is very convenient to Schiphol and a twenty or so tram ride to most sites. We hired bikes from the hotel for one of hte day.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Maeve Gill,
I am delighted to read that the we have met your expectations and that you hired our bikes to explore Amsterdam. As an Amsterdam citizen I can guarantee you that a bike is the best way to travel in our city! Thank you for choosing our hotel! I do hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel twice during my travels through Europe, both with different experiences. The first stay I had my room was a corner room on the 5th floor and it was spacious and very nice, loved it. The second stay though my room was very average and on the 3rd floor and it felt like the room had not been used for a while as it was quite dusty and not too clean.

However I had a pleasant stay each time and its a great base to explore Amsterdam, as the tram is very close by. For the price you really can't go wrong with this hotel. Plus it was quiet, which is always a bonus for me!

I would also recommend a cafe/bar called Stadscafé van Mechelen which is about a 15 minute walk down a canal near the hotel, great coffee and cheap eats plus its open day and night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Nath4321,
Thank you for being a “regular guest” ! I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your stays! Your compliments will be shared with my entire team! I do hope to meet you again when your travel plans bring you back to Amsterdam!
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I had read some reviews about distance and actually found this a perfect location. Max 15 mins on the tram to the centre, there was two trams (number 1 & 17) which were there every 5 mins. It was nice to be in a quieter area as the centre can be vey busy 24/7. There was a nice street full of bars and restaurants 5mins from the hotel (lovely all through a park) which was lovely and local, so food was reasonably priced and very tasty. The hotel was was above it's 3star rating, always clean and room service replaced everything every day. The decoration was older and fashionable. The bathroom had a hug bath and power shower. Only negative comment would be it was glass walls with no frosting so visible from the room. (I shared with my sister ) so some privacy would have been nice. The staff were very friendly, we arrived very early, unfortunately we couldn't check in early but were able to leave our bags. The swimming pool was lovely every morning and I had the pool to myself some times a lovely little touch. Full spa was on offer at additional prices. We had room service a couple of nights and the food was of good standard and the sky bar has some lovely cocktails (pricey €14)with an open grill for food. Overall a great stay was had.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear TinTinPatt,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Your compliments about our location and facilities are very appreciated. With regards to the glass in the bathroom I can inform you that we have rooms with frosted glass available on request. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again in the future!
Whitstable, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Good looking hotel away from city and easy accessible by tram however a lovely walk through vondel park which is minutes away is recommended ! There is a thai nearby use it food great and generally the area this hotel is in the locals use all the bars and restaurants. The sky bar is funky small but at €14 the cheapest cocktail be prepared to pay for it 4 drinks cost us €62 so only went once !

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Tracie M,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! I will pass your compliments to my entire team! With regards to the road works in 2010 I can inform you that everything is finished . Thank you for staying with us. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests!
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We took a short break to Amsterdam back in March and chose to stay at the Fashion Hotel. Access to the city sites is easy from the hotel as the tram stop is a short walk from the hotel. Access from Schipol airport was straightforward on arrival as the airport and train station are linked.
Breakfast,room and reception staff were all helpful and friendly and of course they all spoke English! Would recommend all the art galleries, a trip on the canals by boat and Anne Frank's house as must see sites.
Dutch cyclists are sometimes quite assertive so watch out when crossing roads.

Room Tip: Choose a room on one of the upper floors as it will be quiet even if you are at the front of the hot...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear 709123,
What a delight to read your review of your recent stay with us. Thank you for sharing this review on Tripadvisor.
I’m very happy to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations! I will pass on your compliments to all of them.
Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Really enjoyed our third stay at the Fashion Hotel. Good quality room, excellent service from the staff and a good breakfast each morning. Transport to Amsterdam and other areas excellent and so easy to use. We will be back again next year or sooner.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mickeyrich,
I'm very happy to have you as a regular guest and I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stays in our hotel so much. Thank you for sharing your experience. Your compliments about my team will be shared with all of them! I look forward to welcome again in the future!
Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!