“Super hotel! But too far out.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #30 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Essex
“Super hotel! But too far out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We couldn't fault this hotel, lovely rooms, very helpful staff, super breakfast. I could not think of one negative for this hotel. But, unfortunately it is quite a distance from the centre of Amsterdam. It would be great if they could put a bus stop outside the hotel, normally this would not be a problem but when you have walked around all day, then you want to return to the centre at night it is really tiring. You can always get taxis, but Dutch friends had told us how expensive they are. All in all a great hotel if you are up for lots of walking!

• Stayed April 2014
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear orangeEssex,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. I’m very happy that you rate us with 5 out of 5! I'm sorry to read that you had some difficulties with our location. Unfortunately I can't change the location, I can only emphasize that the City Centre is only 10 minutes by tram (Leidseplein). On a bicycle (which we provide for rent) it is only 5 minutes to the Vondelpark. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam and I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guest in the future!
Nico Evers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Greek first
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have to say, considering the amount of time I actually spent in the hotel, it was beautiful and I loved it! I booked the hotel because my friends and I were going to Armin Only in November 2013, and they had a VIP package that included this hotel. I didn't get the package but booked this hotel because I wanted to stay with my friends. Check in was a breeze, and once I got to my room, it took me a while to figure out how to turn on the lights, but once I did, I checked out the room and was very impressed. I was in a standard queen room, and the only thing I found a little weird was that instead of having one queen bed, they had two twin beds pushed together. I liked that the bathroom had both a bathtub and a shower, and it was a large size as well. I definitely noticed how clean the whole room was. My room looked onto the inner courtyard so the view was alright. As I said though I didn't spend much time in the hotel as we spent most of our time at Armin Only. I would have liked to have gone into the pool but I didn't have enough time. The staff were very helpful and accomodating for any requests that either myself or friends may have had.

The hotel is located right by a few tram stops so it makes it easy to get into the centre of town.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear trancebliksem,
Thank you for staying with us! It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor and for recommending it to others! I do Hope to get the possibility to welcome you again as our guest! Maybe during the next concert of Armin?
Marbella
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Every time when I go to Amsterdam I stay in this hotel.
Rooms are very nice, very nice bar ( only I find a pity that they don't have a extra space for to smoke ) this hotel is also very close to the centre?
Af course I will come again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear EmanuelMarbella,
It's great to have you as a regular guest! I'm delighted to read that you are enjoying your stay’s so much. I thank you for posting your experiences on Tripadvisor and for recommending our hotel to others! I will share your comments with my entire team!
Hope to meet you again soon!
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

This review will be a bit longer that my average one, but I feel I need to justify giving the Fashion Hotel only three stars, while it’s got so much going for it. Why? Read on.

The very first impression I got of the hotel was good. Nice looking entrance, friendly staff. It got better on the way up to our room. Nice carpets everywhere, trendy art on the walls. Once in our room however we were disappointed to find only two beds, while there were three in our party. I had emailed the hotel after booking to specifically ask if the room would be big enough for the third bed for our daughter, so why was it not there on arrival? The hotel knew we would arrive late at night and that we were travelling with a child, so I thought that was very inconsiderate. Staff rectified this reasonably quickly, but it could have been avoided altogether.

Our room was actually very nice and comfortable. The hotel is quite new, so everything looked new and well maintained. The bathroom had a Philippe Starck designed Duravit bath and sink and a walk in shower; very slick. Strange enough the toilet (which is separate from the bathroom, which is great in my opinion) didn’t have a hand wash basin, so you need to go through two doors to wash your hands after using it. This isn’t very hygienic in my opinion and something that isn’t even allowed in Britain (the set up wouldn’t pass Building Control).

Breakfast at the hotel is simply marvellous. Anything you could possibly want to have for breakfast is on offer: cereals, cooked breakfast, bread, rolls, toast, meats and cheeses, fruit, yoghurts, Danish pastries, pancakes, fried, boiled and scrambled eggs – you name it. I even helped myself to a glass of fizz on the morning of my birthday! Do try the chocolate sprinkles on bread, toast, a ryvitta or a crisp bake while you’re in the Netherlands – it’s traditionally Dutch and oh so yummy. There are good deals around on the internet to book this hotel including breakfast, so no need to pay €19 p/p at the hotel.

Not everyone’s priorities are the same of course, but to me a good night’s sleep is essential for an enjoyable stay in a hotel. Our first night (Thursday) was fine, but on Friday and Saturday the place changed from stylish hotel to some sort of youth hostel! In the evenings young people getting ready for a night out went back and forward from room to room, constantly slamming doors. After they had gone out it was nice and peaceful again - until they got back between 5:00 and 6:00 in the morning... I understand that hotels can’t control their guests’ every move, but there are ways to deal with young guests who clearly only come to Amsterdam for one reason – party. They could give them rooms together on the separate floor, away from families, for example. What the hotel should also do is close the doors after a certain time at night, and when a group of people arrive back at the hotel after a night of drinking, get some bouncers to escort them to their room and make sure they’re quiet. That will cost money, but you can’t have it both ways. Either that, or set up a youth hostel next door.

I would definitely go back to this hotel, but only if they would guarantee no noise, or a full refund.

Room Tip: Don't know if all rooms are the same, but I'm not sure if I would have felt comfortable in o...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear BrawScotland,
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor! I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in general! Your comments about to the third bed has been discussed with everybody involved. Due to a human mistake this was not ready on arrival. Please accept my sincere apologies. I also would like to apologize for the noise during the night. When this happens we always react and we speak to the guests involved about their behavior. As you can read in other reviews, we do not have many complaints about noise. I would like to thank you for staying with us and I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests when your travel plans bring you back to Amsterdam. We will make sure that you will get a quiet room!
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Som.one give this Hotel an award, all of the staff are fantastic smart, happy, friendly and very professional - when you have to stay in Hotels as part of your job you want the best experience I always get this with this hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor is the best but I have stayed on the second third and fourth and they are all fantastic
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Michelle C,
I'm very happy to have you as a regular guest and I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stays in our hotel so much. Thank you for sharing your experience. Your compliments about my team will be shared with all of them! I look forward to welcome again in the future!
manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed here for business as it was close to our Amsterdam office - Really nice big rooms and excellent leisure facilities. I booked on a B&B deal where it was offering a 3 course dinner package in their restaurant for 1 night for 37 euros which seemed good value after a late night flight from the UK. Food was good although your limited to 2 choices on each of the 3 courses, 2 x soups, steak or fish, apple pie or brownie.... fairly straight forward and all was very good. My biggest problem... I asked for tap water as I was really thirsty from my flight, "sorry sir, I am not allowed to serve you that"... I had to look up twice to see she was serious. Yes it is not hotel policy in the restaurant to serve you tap water. I'm sorry but that's absolutely ridiculous on a paying hotel guest. Really let it down for me after staying in many business hotels previously, I've never been told tap water can't be served due to hotel policy... Thanks for charging me a fortune for your paying drinks...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear chrisgmooney,
Thank you for staying with us! I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in general! I’m sorry to read your comment about the tap water. I would like to apologize for the mistake of one of our employees. We normally serve tap water on request! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests when your travel plans bring you back to Amsterdam.
Jesolo, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Great Hotel with a good location for trams and trains, rooms are nice and perfectly clean and the spa was very good and staff very kind and helpful , the only disappointment was on breakfast , not included for us and i paid 19 euros a head, for nothing special really, if u don't have it, better to enjoy the hundreds of beautiful Cafès all over Amsterdam.Like a said good in general

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear maglenda,
Thank you for staying with us! I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in general! I’m sorry to read your comment about our breakfast. We always listen to our guests and therefore I would like to ask you what you would chance or add to our breakfast! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests in the future!
nico.evers@westcordhotels.nl

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!