“Convenient location, nice hotel and excellent value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #30 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Sleaford, United Kingdom
“Convenient location, nice hotel and excellent value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We'd read the reviews before booking and weren't disappointed. Hotel check in was smooth and efficient. Staff were helpful and informative. The rooms are really nicely done decor wise. We stayed board only so can't comment on the food or restaurant but the Sky Bar was good and quite quirky.
The location of the hotel is really convenient, on one of the main straights so convenient from the airport and to go get in and out of the main tourist centres. Being away from the main drags there was no sign of hen and stag parties so a nice place to lay your head after a hard day of sightseeing.
The pool in the hotel is a good size but use of the sauna is at a charge.
The rooms and all communal areas were kept really clean and tidy.
All round good choice of hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Laura_K1984,
I just read your review on Tripadvisor and I would like to thank you for your compliments. I’m very happy that you rate us with 5 out of 5. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests when your travel plans bring you back to Amsterdam.
Nico Evers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Greek first
wicklow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Just came back from a three night stay , very chilled out hotel, lovely food the staff couldn't be nicer in all the bars and the reception.. didn't get to sample the restaurant but the menu looks great it was my birthday and myself and my partner enjoyed a lovely cocktail on the house to celebrate! recommend the sky bar for yummy cocktails served by the lovely mixologist mark I think that's his name ( it was a little bit away from the city but we got a 3 day tram ticket which was well used and great value.. Well done fashion hotel on a lovely stay:)

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear lisa k,
“Top class staff”, what a great start of a review! Thank you for staying with us and for your compliments. I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your birthday cocktails! I will share your feedback with my entire team. I’m sure that especially Marc and his colleagues will all be proud to read it. As a General Manager I’m very happy to have such dedicated team members. Thank you for recommending it to others! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again soon!
Hamilton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Located near Lelylan train station and Vondelpark, this hotel is not far from the Centre and eel connected with tram to the Centre and with train to Schiphol airport. The rooms are big.and well appointed. It has all the needed facilities including a nightclub on the top floor. The service is great. I will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear aniljain44,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you will return. That’s the best compliment we can get! I’m very happy with your comment about our location! I look forward to your next visit!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Pristina, Kosovo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is an excellent hotel for the price. Large and well furnished rooms, very helpful staff, always trying to make you feel comfortable. Although close to Schipol airport and 15 minutes by tram from city center, you still have to walk 10 minutes to the closest tram stop.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear daniel g,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments are very appreciated and will be shared with my entire team. I look forward to your next visit!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I booked a 3 night stay at this hotel to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday on the strength of Trip Advisor recommendations so we were coming here with very high expectations :)
The first thing that surprised us was it's location. It was about a 5-7 minute car ride from the airport (a positive) and was located on/in a busy network of roads in an anonymous business/residential area which feels it could anywhere in the world - if this makes sense? Of course we were fully aware of its location before we went but it was a bit weird nevertheless!
Anyway, once inside we were impressed by the luxury look and feel of the hotel and especially by the warm welcome we received from Joey, one of the reception staff :) our check in was efficient, thorough and friendly and covered everything we needed to know to commence our stay. Our allocated room 522 was on the 5th floor of the hotel overlooking the rear of the hotel and a communal garden area of the apartment blocks that are adjacent to the hotel. I cannot stress how quiet and peaceful this hotel and it's rooms are :) you literally cannot hear a pin drop here day or night which for us, who live in central London, was fabulous !!! The room was clean and well appointed, the bathroom and toilet are separate and the bathroom did have the much reported glass door and glass window that looks through into the bedroom but none of these caused us any problems in terms of privacy. The only negative thingsI can stay about the room is the horrible hard pillows and the leatherette cushions and bed cover which were certainly not to my taste - an exercise in style over substance I'm afraid in my opinion.
We did go down and explore the stylish pool and spa areas and used the pool (which is free of charge to hotel residents). The pool was 1.4m deep thorough out making it excellent for poor swimmers like me, the poolside area was well equipped with plenty of loungers, and seating, showers and fantastic underfloor heating! There were also a sauna, gym and various beauty treatment rooms but there is a charge incurred for their use. We did not gave time to utilize these :(
Whilst we did not have an evening meal at the hotel we did have breakfast which was fab! A really wide range of cereals, fruit, juices, jams and spreads, teas and coffees, breads and pastries, continental meals and cheeses as well as a full English breakfast option.
The only slight criticisms I have regarding the breakfast experience are that the hot food items were not keep particularly hot by the overhead lights thereby rendering them lukewarm and unpleasant :( and the excellent ability of the waiting staff to be vastly unfriendly and to ignore tables full of dirty crockery and leftover food on tables despite the restaurant being nearly empty !! We did venture up to the Sky Bar on the 10th floor as we had been given tickets for 2 complimentary tickets for cocktails on account of it being my wife's birthday. The staff were friendly and the service slow but the evening views from the bar were absolutely wonderful and worth going up for but we found the cocktails to be rather expensive (had we paid) and rather short on measures :( The bar decor whilst stunning was a bit too blingy for our tastes so was not an environment we visited again during our visit. Beware, there are bedrooms up on the 10th floor directly adjacent to the bar which must be horrifically noisy to stay in during the club nights they hold :( bear this in mind if offered one of these!
As the hotel is located some 15 mins or so outside Amsterdam, you will need to catch a tram into the city centre. The tram stop for trams 1 &17 is located about a 5 minute walk away from the hotel - hotel staff will give your directions as well as a map of Amsterdam and sell you travel cards to use on the trams. The trams run very frequently and you can hop on and off whenever you like. The tram system is fairly easy to learn how to use and we were soon old hands at finding our way around:)
The only truly negative experience we had during our stay was that, on our return to our room one day, we found our room had not been serviced or refreshed. We called down to Reception to report the problem only to be told that Housekeeping had gone home for the night so our room could not be cleaned ! It was inferred that the reason our room hadn't been cleaned was that we had put a DND sign on our room - we had NOT!! A member of staff bought us up some fresh towels and toiletries but we would have preferred for the room to have been cleaned - surely this is not too much to ask for a 4* hotel ???? This episode rather spoilt the stay for us, especially when on reporting the problem to Reception again the next morning to ensure our room was definitely serviced, we were again accused of putting up the DND sign on our room!!!! Grrrrrrr :(
Anyway, this aside we had a lovely stay at this hotel. We enjoyed its location away from the hustle and bustle of central Amsterdam but within easy reach of all the attractions. The staff, on the whole were friendly, knowledgable and efficient and the hotel quiet, clean and relaxing. Luxury at a budget price!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Katalin_webster,
I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words. Your compliments for our hotel and facilities are very welcome! I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with housekeeping. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcome you again in the near future!
Kindest Regards,
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in November 2011 - I have only just signed up to trip advisor but thought should leave a review as I know how helpful they can be when trying to decide where is best for your requirements.

The hotel is stunning, very modern and was nice and peaceful, if you are not fussed about the 10 min tram ride to central then this hotel will be perfect for you.
We returned to Amsterdam earlier this month and stayed near the central station, and in all honesty we found this much better as we really felt 'in Amsterdam' and got to explore the place and see so much more of the city - but as they say - each to their own ...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Simon G,
I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words. Your compliments for our hotel and facilities are very welcome! It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcome you again in the near future!
Kindest Regards,
Swindon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay at the Fashion Hotel and I can thoroughly recommend it. Though it is someway out of the city centre (20 mins by tram) it provides as excellent base, certainly if like me you are in the city on business. A very regular tram service passes the hotel and it is only a 10 minute walk to the Lelylaan train and metro station.
At first sight the hotel doesn't look particularly inviting as it's a modern block alongside the city ring road. Even when you enter reception it looks rather stark, but the check-in is friendly and efficient. The rooms are also very comfortable and a reasonable size. They have a good shower and full size bath though some guests may be rather put off by the fact the bathroom door is next to the bed and is made of glass, so no privacy.
Wi-fi is excellent and the TV has an extensive range of channels including BBC1. There is also a mini bar and ironing board.
The hotel has two bars, one at lobby level and a cocktail bar on the 10th floor. The lobby bar is very pleasant with a good selection of drinks and bar food. For me though the hotel restaurant is the real star. It offers fine dining at a reasonable price (20-30 euros for a main course) a good wine list and again the service from the young staff is excellent. They are able to tell you about the food and wine which makes a change these days. The fact the restaurant is so good is a bonus because there are very few nearby alternatives.
Breakfast is also very goof with a good selection of both hot and cold items and all seemed pretty fresh.
The hotel also offers an indoor pool and spa, neither of which I used but other guests I spoke to were impressed.
In my view this is an excellent hotel especially if in the city on business, though for sightseers it may feel a little too remote from the centre. It is well run and the staff are a credit to the hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear soluta,
I'm very happy to have you as a regular guest and I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stays in our hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience, I look forward to welcome again!
Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!