“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #30 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Swindon
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay at the Fashion Hotel and I can thoroughly recommend it. Though it is someway out of the city centre (20 mins by tram) it provides as excellent base, certainly if like me you are in the city on business. A very regular tram service passes the hotel and it is only a 10 minute walk to the Lelylaan train and metro station.
At first sight the hotel doesn't look particularly inviting as it's a modern block alongside the city ring road. Even when you enter reception it looks rather stark, but the check-in is friendly and efficient. The rooms are also very comfortable and a reasonable size. They have a good shower and full size bath though some guests may be rather put off by the fact the bathroom door is next to the bed and is made of glass, so no privacy.
Wi-fi is excellent and the TV has an extensive range of channels including BBC1. There is also a mini bar and ironing board.
The hotel has two bars, one at lobby level and a cocktail bar on the 10th floor. The lobby bar is very pleasant with a good selection of drinks and bar food. For me though the hotel restaurant is the real star. It offers fine dining at a reasonable price (20-30 euros for a main course) a good wine list and again the service from the young staff is excellent. They are able to tell you about the food and wine which makes a change these days. The fact the restaurant is so good is a bonus because there are very few nearby alternatives.
Breakfast is also very goof with a good selection of both hot and cold items and all seemed pretty fresh.
The hotel also offers an indoor pool and spa, neither of which I used but other guests I spoke to were impressed.
In my view this is an excellent hotel especially if in the city on business, though for sightseers it may feel a little too remote from the centre. It is well run and the staff are a credit to the hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear soluta,
I'm very happy to have you as a regular guest and I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stays in our hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience, I look forward to welcome again!
Nico Evers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My very good friend and myself surprised our hubbies for Xmas by booking a weekend in Amsterdam. The hotel was totally out of this world! Lovely big beds, champagne with breakfast, 10th floor bar overlooking Amsterdam and wonderful company. The hotel is 9 tram stops away from the centre, which was great as you could see some of the shops on route. It is so convenient. The staff were absolutely fantastic and good fun. We had a ball. Gorgeous pool, and just really lovely. The rooms were immaculate with lovely powerful wet room type showers. I could not honestly fault the place. I'd go back tomorrow. Amsterdam itself is a fabulous place. It's a must!

Room Tip: Any room. Our rooms were on the fifth floor, but the location of the hotel is lovely and quiet anywa...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Debbie E,
“Fabulous” what a good start for a review! Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments are very appreciated and will be shared with my entire team. I look forward to your next visit!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My self and my partner stayed at the hotel from 13-17 of feb (14). And i must say we were very impressed by the standard in the hotel. The only critisism is the price of food and drink. We arrived late and as we werent to sure of the area we called room service 2 cheese burgers was 32euro!! we didnt bother that much because we were starving having no eaten for 24 hours. We went to the skyy bar...felt like a spare part tbh, dnt get me wrong it sky view was amazoing but again too pricey for us 0.24 of a pint ( quarter of a pint) and a vodka and coke was 11euro!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how that price is justified is beond me. The next day was valentines day and we reserved a table in the resteraunt. 2 steaks (no starter or desert) was 50 euro!!! we didnt mind paying that as we where on holiday and it was valentines day. we walked from the hotel to the dam square which was nice but beware of people on bikes who will run u down if u dnt get out the way quick enough lol A little pip tho for thise going ona budget...wlak to the shop and buy juice as u will need to remogage your house to afford it here. also we found out that it is ok to fone in a take away (wish we had known this in the first few days we where there, would have saved a fortune). Staff are very helpfull and friendly nothing is to much bother. Buy day tickets from tickets and tours and great savings to be had( amsterdam dungeons. mm not to impressed it was about a boat! i though it would have been under ground lol loved the coffeeshops and canals. Had a great time will defo be back!!

Room Tip: we were in room 901 below the skyy bar but didnt hear a thing. A liitle tip tho if you smoke probs...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ashley22marshall,
Thank you for staying with us! It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor and for recommending it to others! Your comments with regards to our food & beverage are appreciated. I do Hope to get the possibility to welcome you again as our guest!
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Excellent hotel at a budget price. The transport links were very good and a 3-day public transport card costs only 16euro each (Tip!: Make sure you know when the trams stop running. We stayed out too long in the city centre and had to fork out 30euro for a taxi back at 1am). We walked to town via vondel park and found that very enjoyable as well.

The hotel will ask for a 100euro deposit however on arrival (you may be able to decline, perhaps) which you'll get back if you don't spend it. We used our deposit for breakfast. The breakfast is very good with a wide range of choices, a little costly but is roughly the same price you'd pay in most hotels anyway.

In all, We'd highly recommend this hotel if your looking for a cheap but luxurious hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Cai O,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments are very appreciated and will be shared with my entire team. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others! I look forward to your next visit!
wigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Gorgeous hotel, nice and peaceful. Only a short tram ride or taxi to everywhere - taxis are expensive though and you get to see loads more on the tram. Hotel staff lovely, clean room and bathroom. First time in Amsterdam and would stay again if we go back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear missmaynard,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! Your compliments will be shared with my entire team! I’m very happy to read that you will return. That’s the biggest compliment we can get!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights in February, the hotel itself is very nice and the rooms were excellent for what we paid, fresh towels and room cleaned everyday, great selection for breakfast and reception staff were all friendly and polite, ordering us taxis and telling us about trams etc so we had no problem getting around amsterdam via the trams and I would recommend the hotel to anyone,the only downside to the hotel ( if it is part of the hotel not sure if it's ran separately ) would be the staff in the sky bar, the bar is great but the staff need serious customer service training, try to order a drink at the bar to be told to sit and someone will come take your order, sit for 30 mins while the person who told you to sit walks past several times totally ignoring you as you wave your hand 2ft in front of his ignorant face serving people who had been in there 2 mins ( obviously friends as they were hugging etc ) only got served after physically stopping him and him telling me to order at the bar which still took forever as the barman was to busy faffing about thinking he was Tom Cruise in cocktail trying to impress the ladies when infact he was more like Sacha baron Cohen in Borat and I would imagine he would find it hard to pull in the red light district : )

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear steven j,
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for recommending it to others. I’m sorry to read that you experienced some difficulties with regards to the service in the Skyybar. Your feedback is highly appreciated. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guest in the near future!
Kindest Regards,
Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed at The WestCord Fashion Hotel for 2 nights at the beginning of our trip and then again for 2 more at the end. Both stays were quite enjoyable. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The rooms were modern, comfortable and user friendly. We had worn warm clothes, from Canada, but didn't need them for safari-ing in Africa. The folks at the hotel were agreeable to let us leave those clothes in the luggage room, for our return, 1 month later! We ate 3 dinners in the lounge. Martin, the bartender, was very friendly, welcoming us back when we returned. The food was very good. Altho the hotel was out of the city centre, it only took us about 15 min. to reach Dam Sq. and Centraal Station, by tram. A delightful spot!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ElizabethAnn151,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! I will pass your compliments to my entire team and to Martin in particular! Thank you for staying with us and for recommending it to others. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!