“Very good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #30 of 343 Hotels in Amsterdam
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Very good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stay in this hotel for 3 nights in summer 2010. On this time some building works was around the hotel and makes bit dirty and sandy everywhere. Hotel takes 15 min by tram to center or around 1hr walking. Stay a bit off town but access to the tram stop its quite simply. Hotel keep very good and high standard. Cant complain anything. Rooms,restaurant,pool in basement,gym,spa,sky bar, all the things stay on top level of quality for a very good price. Would back if stay again in Amsterdam.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear oskar k,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! I will pass your compliments to my entire team! With regards to the road works in 2010 I can inform you that everything is finished :). Thank you for staying with us. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests!
Kindest regards,
Nico Evers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Greek first
Cannock, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Lovely hotel, very modern and posh, excellent service and well worth the money, not too far from Amsterdam centraal just a short tram ride on trams 1 or 17 from there to main town.

The hotel was very modern with a pool, cafe, restaurant, spa and two bars - they also offer room service

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ZCRX,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments are very appreciated and will be shared with my entire team. I look forward to your next visit!
Kindest regards,
Enfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed at the Fashion Hotel for a week over the New Year and had a lovely time. Overall, the staff were very welcoming and attentive and helped to make our stay even more special (it was our anniversary whilst we were there). The hotel was very clean and comfortable and our room, whilst not huge, was big enough for a leisure trip. Room service breakfast was very good, far too much to eat. Whilst it was a bit expensive (40 euro for 2 people), we felt we got god value from it. We celebrated new year in the restaurant first, before heading up to the Sky Bar on the top floor. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. Frank, the restaurant manager, was particularly welcoming and friendly, even arranging for us to receive a complimentary bottle of bubbly with chocolates on our anniversary, which was a great touch. The swimming pool and spa area was very good, although the staff were a bit unfriendly (you notice the difference because the frontline staff are so polite and welcoming). Whilst the hotel is located outside the city centre, this didn't really cause us any problems. There is regular (cheap) tram rides in/out of the city, stopping in all of the key places you want. It takes 20-25 mins from the hotel door to get to the Dam (central square). This actually added to the experience, so don't let it put you off. Free Wi-Fi across the hotel actually worked and allowed us to keep in touch. The range of TV channels allowed us to watch some English channels, along with the essential Fashion TV, lol. In your room you get a kettle and can make tea/coffee, along with a vending style mini-bar, with pepsi and water costing 3.50 Euro. Overall we had a really nice time and would definitely recommend this hotel to you.

Room Tip: We were in Room 303 o0verlooking the main rod, but it was very quiet nonetheless
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear trebor46,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed the Prosecco we offered for your anniversary. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future!
Kind regards,
Glion, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We had a great family experience! I have been using this hotel for business purposes in the past - now stayed here for a family weekend. Although slightly off-centre - with Tram line 1 or taxi, on is within 10 minutes anywhere in the heart of Amsterdam - whether this is Leidscheplein or the Van Gogh Museum. The breakfast is traditional Dutch quality and really good. After much walking and shopping the pool is conveniently located and a welcome intervention. Staff is super friendly and helpful. I changes my opinion to thepositive since my first visit some years ago. Value of money, this Hotel is one of the best!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear CeesF,
I have just read your second review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind and enthusiastic words. It’s great that you rate us with 5 out of 5! It was a pleasure having you as our guest and I look forward to welcome you again in the near future!
General manager
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed in this hotel just before Christmas for our special occasion which was very much acknowledged by the staff and management. We have received a great treatment and we received best service possible.
However not same was provided by the Sky Bar Service that did not give us a choice of the cocktail we want for our voucher. They just gave us one they wanted which is very unpleasant.
We seemed not very welcomed there.

However we would like to thank the staff and management for making our stay very pleasant.
Special congratulation to the restaurant chef who produces great quality of food.
Would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Agde2013,
Your compliments about our staff are highly appreciated. Thank you for choosing our hotel and for recommending it to others. I’m sorry to read that you experienced some difficulties with regards to the cocktails in the Skyybar. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guest in the near future!
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a fantastic hotel, if the worst thing you can say about a 4 night stay in a hotel is that the hairdryer was rubbish, I would say they did very well.
The service was great, it was clear they were busy but always informative and helpful, the guy who was checking us in had to go off to help someone and was very apologetic he had to leave us with another member of staff.
We got room service one evening which was prompt and very nice.
They organized our taxi to the airport as it was early in the morning.
The location was really good, about 40mins walk into the centre and 15mins on the trams.
The room was immaculate, and looked exactly like the website with vondelpark just a 10 minute walk away!
I would absolutely recommend this hotel!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear tracys2345,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that we have met your expectations and that you rate us with 5 out of 5! I will share your feedback with my entire team! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again in the near future!
Kindest regards
Girona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I spend two nights in this hotel with my girlfriend and my parents and it was a very nice stay. we bought the wellness deal which includes two breakfasts, one dinner (three courses), two days in the wellness installations and one cocktail. The only thing that we did not like was the SKYY bar and the free cocktail they give to us the main problem was that the waiter didn't say anything and just brought us the drink. Let me explain, I don't drink alcohol and neither do my girlfriend and the cocktail was tasty but we didn't like at all. We thought that at least he should have said something about it.

On the other hand, the gym, the pool and the sauna are amazing and made this hotel one of my favorites places to stay in Holland ( I work as a salesman all around Europe).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Albert M,
Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!