“Clean, modern and great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #30 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Clean, modern and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

If you are looking for a modern, clean hotel that is not far from the centre of Amsterdam this is definitely the one. The tram link is just down the road not even 5 minutes walk and the 2 trams that pass take you all around the main parts of Amsterdam and to the centre where the main station is. We bought a 4 day ticket from the hotel which allowed us to use the transport links as much as we wanted and for €21 it was a bargain! The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful with any enquiries we had. The hotel restaurant was also very nice, food was really good and the staff very attentive. Overall there is nothing bad to say about this hotel!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Sophiamk,
I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words. Your compliments for our hotel and facilities are very welcome! It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcome you again in the near future!
Kindest Regards,
Nico Evers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Greek first
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a week at the hotel, 2 room bed only. The rooms are pretty clean but still you can see missed parts. The good thing you have free wifi all over the hotel.
Corridors are not too clean there are always dishes and garbage. On the 3rd floor are always housekeeping Laundry Carts with dirty laundry.
Reception are far from being profesional. On my third day i send a bag of laundry, they did not picked it up, on the forth day i gave it myself to the desk. They promised my to get it back to my room for the next day, but surprise! No laundry ! When I went down to check what went wrong they asked my to go to my room to recheck, why? I know if i had it or not. In the end my laundry was in their back office !
And its not all, we asked for new years eve a taxi for 23.00 and the reception just forgot to call one, and also yesterday, asked a taxi for 17.30 to go to the airport and again they forgot, the taxi arrived only at 18.00 when we approched the reception 3 times ! The staff does not know the area and can't answer anything right. Its good we have google ! Sky bar is not all the talking about, overpriced avarage bar.
This hotel is good for you if you need a place to sleep. The location is not bad, the trams are nearby and its nice area, next to a big park.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Tania B,
I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words, and also for pointing out in which areas we could make improvements. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcome you back in the future!
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Very good value for money
I stayed here with my girlfriends for a long weekend girlie break before Christmas for my birthday.
The hotel was perfect, just what we needed, Spa in the basement, nightclub on the roof, we in danger of not leaving the hotel at all that weekend.
But needed to get out and explore Amsterdam, location is a bit out of town but easy enough to get to by tram. Everyone was so friendly and staff could not do enough for us, upon requested they recommended a lush restaurant for my birthday meal, booked the table and the cab.
We cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: If in a group ask for rooms with a joining internal doors
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Lekisha B,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you will return. That’s the biggest compliment we can get! I look forward to your next visit!
WestCord fashion Hotel
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had a fantastic day at the Westcord Fashion over NYE 2013. It is a great hotel to stay in if you want a relaxing few days in Amsterdam. The hotel is very well located near the tram station and it is only 10 minutes into the centre of Amsterdam and the trams come really regularly. We had a gorgeous room with en suite bathroom and of perfect size. They are modern in decor and with lots of nice touches. The Sky Bar, pool and drinks areas are all lovely and a great way to relax. The staff were also incredibly helpful and friendly whenever we needed a question answered or recommendations. Overall, a great place to stay for a long weekend and great value for money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear london_traveller6789,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! I will pass your compliments to my entire team! Thank you for staying with us and for recommending it to others. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Brentwood, Essex, England.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

All the Trip advisor reviewers that don't like this hotel must have some other reason to say bad things. I can only say BRILLIANT, from the comfort, to the very helpful staff. The Sky bar was great, offering lovely snacks ( Potato wedges and the Sushi were lovely.) and great view. Had the Christmas dinner which was nice with very attentive staff. The room was very comfortable and the cleaning staff doing a excellent job. A tram 1 or 17 from the nearest stop (400yds away) will take you to the centre, i.e. DAM SQUARE, and REMBRANDT SQUARE, where all can be reached on foot from either. If you were to put this hotel in the Centre of Amsterdam there is no doubt it would be TWICE the price, therefore a 400 yd walk to the tram is easy. When leaving the Hotel they very Kindly allowed us to stay late to 3pm at NO extra cost, furthermore after leaving my bag containing Passports and Money in the room and getting on the tram before realising, it was nice to see it waiting for me at the reception desk when I rushed back for it. Have not a bad thing to say about this hotel, which is strange, because as I have been called a Miserable sod sometimes, I usually find a fault easily. Will Return on next trip.

Room Tip: Higher for better view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Lewis_10,
What a wonderful review! Thank you for staying with us and for your compliments. If you are looking for a job as a sales manager I will be more than happy to hire you .
I’m delighted to read that our services and staff have met your expectations and I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again soon!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I had a very nice stay in this well-equipped modern hotel, sharing a twin room with a friend. My friend didn't like that the bathroom had see-thru sections in the frosted window and door for the bathroom, but the room was very well proportioned with nice features such as international TV and comfy beds. The location was a little far out of town (about 15 minutes on a tram from the city centre) but the price was very reasonable and more than made up for any inconvenience. The top-floor club looked a little small when I had a brief look inside, as was the free swimming pool, but I often had it to myself during our stay, especially early in the morning. I believe other facilities in the spa had to be paid for, although the gym was also included in the price of the room. All the front desk and cleaning staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful. Personally I felt it could have done without the 'fashion' theme and it made it a little bit tacky, such as the mannequins in the lobby.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear cmoouk,
I was delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations! Thank you for choosing our hotel! I do hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!
hants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed over Xmas 13. What a fantastic hotel, very modern,very clean.staff very helpful and Johnny is very very helpful.the skyy bar has fantastic views and ambience. Very romantic setting for a chic bar. The room we had,220 was very nice, clean and fresh, although we didn't like the plasticky pillow cases, but we loved the shower! We didn't hear anything between walls on the rooms, the bed was very cozy and warm, fresh towels everyday.The tram service is 5 minute walk away number 1 or 17 take you to city centre hassle free. I would highly recommend this hotel and put it on par with the hilton in San Francisco I stayed at this year. The Xmas meal was superb, and the staff excellent hosts. We then headed to the skyy bar for a romantic drink, and we were not disappointed. Hotel is located about 10 minute walk from the main train line, one stop from platform 1 takes you straight to the airport. Public transport around the hotel is second to none, very efficient indeed. Overall we were highly impressed with the hotel and aim to return in the summer. Forget the negative reviews on this hotel, it's fantastic, chic, clean, staff very nice and helpful. Thank the staff for our very romantic stay.

Room Tip: Ask! Our room was superb.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear zugara01,
“Great hotel”, what a great start of a review! Thank you for staying with us and for your compliments. I’m delighted to read that our hotel and it’s staff have met your expectations. I will share your feedback with my entire team. I’m sure that Johnny and his colleagues will all be proud to read it. As a General Manager I’m very happy to have such dedicated team members. Thank you for recommending it to others! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again soon!
Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!