“Nice hôtel ..little far from center !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1 | GPS address: Nachtwachtlaan 11, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #28 of 354 Hotels in Amsterdam
Paris, France
“Nice hôtel ..little far from center !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed at hôtel for two nights. Its brand new and very clean !The room is very spacious comfortable and nicely designed . The hotel pool and gym are nice except the pool was little cold , which was little dissapointing ! The staff is really very nice and helpful . The sky bar is nice . Two disadvantages about it is that the hotel is situated in an area where there isn't much and is between two tram stations ,so it would take five minutes to walk to either one and then ten minutes by tram to city center. Also breakfast for 18 euros is pricey and not worth it ( you can walk to cafe that is 10 minutes and have better breakfast). But overall for the quality and price it was good option but not very central ! I would recommend it !

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear May_fer23,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! I will pass your compliments to my entire team! With regards to our location I can inform you that the nearest Tramstop is at 400 meters and a ride into the Centre is only 10 minutes. Thank you for staying with us and for recommending it to others. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests!
Nico Evers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great, clean hotel about a five minute walk to the tram station. Breakfast was great, although an extra cost, rooms were big, and staff were absolutely lovely. Would definitely recommend and would stay again. There is a nice pool and fitness center which you don't have to pay anything extra for, and the Skyy bar had great views, especially at nighttime with all the lights.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear James C,
“Great” what a good start for a review! Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments are very appreciated and will be shared with my entire team. I look forward to your next visit!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed there with my girlfriend that time and I may say there was a few hiccups on the first day but then everything wemt really well and our stay was perfect.

The lady at the reception had a weird accent and couldn't find our reservation even when we had to spell out my name so eventually had to show our the booking email and then even somehow she took some time to find it. But ohh well she did gave us the room of our choice and suggested us better room.

Then it being our anniversary we were offered a complimentary champagne and strawberries and chocolates (tho the quality was just average of the stuff they gave us) but ohh well its free so no issues.

Our room was actually right next to there housekeeping storeroom and every time someone would open it we woulf hear as if someone is opening our room. Just had that problem on first day then maybe we got used to it ;)

The room was amazing with kingsize bed and perfect comfort our bathroom had a shower as well as a bath. The interiors were really nice.
They offered us travel cards at the reception for the tram at no extra prices and the location was alsp quite good.

If im ever visiting amsterdam again ill definately stay at westcord fashion again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rahul G,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you will return. That’s the biggest compliment we can get! I look forward to your next visit!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The hotel was overall nice. The rooms were larger than anticipated. There is no door or curtain for the shower and the bathroom door is glass and you can see right through it. The bed was not very comfortable but I have been spoiled by memory foam. The tram stop is just a block away and takes about 5 mins to walk to. If you plan on spending a lot of time downtown this hotel is not the most convenient. Although if you want to save some money it isn't that bad. Its better for older people that do not want to participate in too many activities with ease that Amsterdam has to offer. Overall it is a nice hotel though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Erica D,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I came across a very good rate for this hotel when searching online and so was pleased at how good it was for the money. The room was large, stylish and very clean, with a really comfortable bed - I go great sleep and felt so refreshed! The service was good and it was great to be able to use the basement pool.

We didn't have breakfast as it was rather expensive. There are several places nearby to go instead, or alternatively, it doesn't take long to get to the city centre. We used the tram most days but also walked in to the the city from the hotel twice - it's a good half an hour or so, but not too far.

If/when we come back to Amsterdam we'll most likely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear pterodactyl_07,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that we have met your expectations and that you rate us with 5 out of 5! I will share your feedback with my entire team! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again in the near future!
Kindest regards
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

booked this hotel for 2 nights based on rate and TA reviews. was not disappointed. Trams 1 & 17 stop nearby, along with Bus 15 - approx. 20 min tram ride from Centraal Station to Surinameplein stop, then a less than 10 min walk to hotel. Tram 1 is more direct/less stops.
hotel was modern; my room (#002) was 1 level down from main floor along with 1 other room---strange as it is a floor with meeting rooms. having said that this was by far the largest European single room I have yet to see. 2 twin beds, plenty of living space, new bathroom; 2 people would have no issues here. mini fridge was the kind where you select what you want then it opens so you really can't use it for your own stuff.
I was concerned with the location not being in center city but it presented absolutley no problem.
17 euro breakfast was steep but it was a good selection of hot and cold foods.

Room Tip: 2 rooms (001 & 002)are the only 2 hotel rooms located 1 level down from main floor; along with s...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear No1Ma,
I’m delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations! I will share your feedback with my entire team! Your compliment about our location is very appreciated. Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near futureKindest regards,
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Great room but as per other reviewers the shower room situation is a bit odd.What were they thinking! The staff were friendly and helpful.The Skyy bar-nah! Choice of two trams 200 metres away to the night spots of Amsterdam. Enjoyed the swimming pool in the basement. Very good value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear meod,
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. With regards to the glass in the bathroom I can inform you that we have bathrooms with frosted glass available. I look forward to welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the future!
Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!