“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, Amsterdam 1058 GC, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #32 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
NJ
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

booked this hotel for 2 nights based on rate and TA reviews. was not disappointed. Trams 1 & 17 stop nearby, along with Bus 15 - approx. 20 min tram ride from Centraal Station to Surinameplein stop, then a less than 10 min walk to hotel. Tram 1 is more direct/less stops.
hotel was modern; my room (#002) was 1 level down from main floor along with 1 other room---strange as it is a floor with meeting rooms. having said that this was by far the largest European single room I have yet to see. 2 twin beds, plenty of living space, new bathroom; 2 people would have no issues here. mini fridge was the kind where you select what you want then it opens so you really can't use it for your own stuff.
I was concerned with the location not being in center city but it presented absolutley no problem.
17 euro breakfast was steep but it was a good selection of hot and cold foods.

Room Tip: 2 rooms (001 & 002)are the only 2 hotel rooms located 1 level down from main floor; along with s...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear No1Ma,
I’m delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations! I will share your feedback with my entire team! Your compliment about our location is very appreciated. Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near futureKindest regards,

1,414 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Greek first
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Great room but as per other reviewers the shower room situation is a bit odd.What were they thinking! The staff were friendly and helpful.The Skyy bar-nah! Choice of two trams 200 metres away to the night spots of Amsterdam. Enjoyed the swimming pool in the basement. Very good value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear meod,
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. With regards to the glass in the bathroom I can inform you that we have bathrooms with frosted glass available. I look forward to welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the future!
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I occasionally stay in the Fashion Hotel on business and have always found it to be an enjoyable experience. The staff are very friendly and the quality of the rooms is very high for the cost. The restaurant is exceptionally good quality and again the continuity of excellent service from the staff shines through. When you compare to some of the poor quality we have to endure in the UK for often higher prices it puts our hotel industry to shame. Brilliant!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Martin G,
"First Class” what a great start for a review!
I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel! Your review reflects our desired guest experience!
Thank you for staying and recommending our hotel to others! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guest in the near future!
Mayo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary over the weekend and had a brilliant time. The staff at check in were helpful and friendly. We'd forgotten to bring an adaptor for our plugs and when we rang reception to ask if they had any, the receptionist told us she'd take it up to us in the room. The bed was very comfortable and the bath was huge.
The Skyy Bar had a nice crowd in on Saturday night and the DJ played good music all night. We didn't eat in the hotel as we spent most of our time in the city, which was very easily accessed by the frequent no 1 & 17 trams. The pool area was nice and the water just the right temperature.
Overall, I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jenrMayo,
“Great location, great staff” what a great start for a review! Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments about our beds, rooms and staff are very appreciated and will be shared with my entire team. I look forward to your next visit!
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from staying for 3 nights and I would recommend this hotel! The check in girl was lovely and really helpful and we got checked in straight away! The rooms are lovely and the bed was really comfy (the only reason I marked the rooms as a 4 as they did get very hot in the night and we had to keep the window open, this did not effect is but might for some)
Breakfast was good too, it's all helpful yourself which was good and there was a good selection to suit!
We also had one drink in the Sky Bar it was nice to chill out for 1 drink after a lot of sightseeing
The location is good and depends on yourself, the tram station is 3 mins walk away from the hotel and trams 1 or 17 will have you at central station in 10-15 mins, there are closer stops which will get you right in the centre, the location is good to get way from the madness of the city but you are still really close
Great stay and thank you to all the staff

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Expert123,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that we have met your expectations and that you rate us with 5 out of 5! I will share your feedback with my entire team! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again!
Kindest regards
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I cannot believe the value for money that we got at this hotel. I was impressed by the high level of service the attention to detail in the design of the rooms and the hotel and how welcome we felt.

Design
The fact that this is called a Fashion Hotel - I thought was a gimmick at first. It proved out to be very fashionable and stylish. As someone that appreciates art and fine looking things I was kept intrigued by all the designs in the hotel lobby and room down to the chairs used in the rooms.

Room
Extremely clean, and kept clean by the room service attendants. Loads of Large Mirrors and light in the room giving it a luxury feel. Large bed and amazing shower area. No issues with the room at all.

There was always staff on hand to help and never at one point did we feel that we were not getting what we needed. They had answers to all of our questions and solutions to all our very minor problems. And the way in which they helped was very professional and willing, we felt like stars.

Skybar
The Skybar was great, it was more of a restaurant. We were greeted very well and catered for with a very personal touch. only problem here is that it was a sitting bar, rather than an actual bar and so we felt kind of trapped to our seats as we did want to look at the lovely views the bar offered but we were not sitting in the best place to see.

Food and Drink Price
The Skybar prices were decent but the room service ones were not. and the minibar fridge was a rip off. But this is true of most hotels I guess.

Location
Brilliant location, a short tram ride to the main Amsterdam Centraal. There are closer hotels but they are much more expensive.

Definitely a good recommendation from me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Cecmo,
Thank you very much for your kind and enthusiastic words in your review! It was a delight to read you enjoyed your stay so much! I will share your comments with my entire team, who I am sure will read them with pride!
If you are looking for a job as Sales Manager you can always apply ! It has been a pleasure welcoming you to our hotel, and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back next time!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Just sitting here in our room packing and getting ready to leave, needless to say the wifi reception is excellent all over the hotel!
Rooms and general condition of the hotel is very good and a nice pool and spa area, pool is free, but there is a charge to use the saunas. Sky bar is a cool place to get your night going or to relax in for a night cap, they have a DJ every Friday and Saturday night. Tram stop into town is a 5 minute walk. For the price, this hotel is excellent value and if in town itself would cost twice as much.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear PhillipDavies,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm happy to read that we have met your expectations. Your compliments are really appreciated. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests when your travel plans bring you back to Amsterdam.
Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!