“Great location, great staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, Amsterdam 1058 GC, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #32 of 340 hotels in Amsterdam
Mayo
“Great location, great staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary over the weekend and had a brilliant time. The staff at check in were helpful and friendly. We'd forgotten to bring an adaptor for our plugs and when we rang reception to ask if they had any, the receptionist told us she'd take it up to us in the room. The bed was very comfortable and the bath was huge.
The Skyy Bar had a nice crowd in on Saturday night and the DJ played good music all night. We didn't eat in the hotel as we spent most of our time in the city, which was very easily accessed by the frequent no 1 & 17 trams. The pool area was nice and the water just the right temperature.
Overall, I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear jenrMayo,
“Great location, great staff” what a great start for a review! Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments about our beds, rooms and staff are very appreciated and will be shared with my entire team. I look forward to your next visit!

1,285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Greek first
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from staying for 3 nights and I would recommend this hotel! The check in girl was lovely and really helpful and we got checked in straight away! The rooms are lovely and the bed was really comfy (the only reason I marked the rooms as a 4 as they did get very hot in the night and we had to keep the window open, this did not effect is but might for some)
Breakfast was good too, it's all helpful yourself which was good and there was a good selection to suit!
We also had one drink in the Sky Bar it was nice to chill out for 1 drink after a lot of sightseeing
The location is good and depends on yourself, the tram station is 3 mins walk away from the hotel and trams 1 or 17 will have you at central station in 10-15 mins, there are closer stops which will get you right in the centre, the location is good to get way from the madness of the city but you are still really close
Great stay and thank you to all the staff

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Expert123,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that we have met your expectations and that you rate us with 5 out of 5! I will share your feedback with my entire team! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again!
Kindest regards
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I cannot believe the value for money that we got at this hotel. I was impressed by the high level of service the attention to detail in the design of the rooms and the hotel and how welcome we felt.

Design
The fact that this is called a Fashion Hotel - I thought was a gimmick at first. It proved out to be very fashionable and stylish. As someone that appreciates art and fine looking things I was kept intrigued by all the designs in the hotel lobby and room down to the chairs used in the rooms.

Room
Extremely clean, and kept clean by the room service attendants. Loads of Large Mirrors and light in the room giving it a luxury feel. Large bed and amazing shower area. No issues with the room at all.

There was always staff on hand to help and never at one point did we feel that we were not getting what we needed. They had answers to all of our questions and solutions to all our very minor problems. And the way in which they helped was very professional and willing, we felt like stars.

Skybar
The Skybar was great, it was more of a restaurant. We were greeted very well and catered for with a very personal touch. only problem here is that it was a sitting bar, rather than an actual bar and so we felt kind of trapped to our seats as we did want to look at the lovely views the bar offered but we were not sitting in the best place to see.

Food and Drink Price
The Skybar prices were decent but the room service ones were not. and the minibar fridge was a rip off. But this is true of most hotels I guess.

Location
Brilliant location, a short tram ride to the main Amsterdam Centraal. There are closer hotels but they are much more expensive.

Definitely a good recommendation from me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Cecmo,
Thank you very much for your kind and enthusiastic words in your review! It was a delight to read you enjoyed your stay so much! I will share your comments with my entire team, who I am sure will read them with pride!
If you are looking for a job as Sales Manager you can always apply ! It has been a pleasure welcoming you to our hotel, and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back next time!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Just sitting here in our room packing and getting ready to leave, needless to say the wifi reception is excellent all over the hotel!
Rooms and general condition of the hotel is very good and a nice pool and spa area, pool is free, but there is a charge to use the saunas. Sky bar is a cool place to get your night going or to relax in for a night cap, they have a DJ every Friday and Saturday night. Tram stop into town is a 5 minute walk. For the price, this hotel is excellent value and if in town itself would cost twice as much.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear PhillipDavies,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm happy to read that we have met your expectations. Your compliments are really appreciated. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests when your travel plans bring you back to Amsterdam.
Stornoway, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Great hotel! Not far from city center, easily accessible by close by tram stop. Staff where friendly and helpful, bars are lovely and room was great. We didn't use restaurant or wellness center as we were to busy exploring the city. We will hope to stay here again.

Only issues were that they did try to charge us £100 when we checked in just in case we used the mini bar... You can say no to this. The hair dryer is the saddest thing ever , just bring your own. Also i do not understand the idea behind transparent bathroom doors, It's just straight up weird!

Room Tip: Maybe ask for one not near sky bar as i imagine it would be quite loud on weekends as they have DJs.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mulberry1991,
I’m delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations. Your comment about the hairdryer is very appreciated. Unfortunately we have the experience that guests leave the hotel without paying their used extra’s therefore it is necessary to ask a credit card or a deposit for incidentals, this is very common in hotels. Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future. We will make sure that we have a bathroom with frosted glass available!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I am still at the hotel now and I am so happy about the service that we've received I couldnt wait to give feedback:-). Staff really go the extra mile. So grateful for our Anniversary treats from them. The staff are lovely especially Johnny and Jeffrey at the bar. Will be back.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear mizzy2013,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I will share your feedback with my entire team! I’m sure that Johnny, Jeffrey and the rest of the team will read it with pride! I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed the Prosecco we offered for your wedding anniversary. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future! Kind regards,
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights as a business trip. Just like the name of hotel, all the design is stylish and fashionable. Room is nice with independent toilet, bath room with shower room and bath tub.
Staffs are kind and friendly including at restaurant.
One concern is its location. It will be not much problem if you are a business traveler but bit far from city central and no shop around to buy some drinks or snacks.
Highly recommend for business people.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Charbo617,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! I will pass your compliments to my entire team! With regards to our location I can inform you that the nearest Tramstop is at 400 meters and a ride into the Centre is only 10 minutes. Thank you for staying with us and for recommending it to others. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!