“Would stay again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #30 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Would stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here three nights and cannot fault anything. Very handy to Trams (Nos 1 & 17) so City Centre easy to get to (15 - 20 minutes to Dam Sq.) Used the pool ,which had excellent facilities, every morning . Great start to the day. Breakfast catered for all tastes. Reception staff very professional and helpful. Bedroom was well furnished and very comfortable. The bathroom had a walk-in shower (not the usual over the bath tub) as well as a large bath. Had to contact Management on my return home over a mix up over my bill but this was sorted out . ( Thank you Elles and Nico).I will be in Amsterdam next Spring and will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear MM2652,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you will return next year. That’s the best compliment we can get! I’m very happy that the mix up over your bill has been sorted! I look forward to your next visit!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Nico Evers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

i only stayed 2 nights but it was very nice.
15 min from central station in tramway (awesome, you pass through lovely parts of Amsterdam)

Breakfast is great, the bar at the roof was very good (maybe a little expensive).

Ask for Johnny at the reception !! Cool guy :)

Room Tip: i saw a comment about the noise when your room is looking on the street but i never heard the cars...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear juliensergent,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I’m delighted to read that we you enjoyed your stay! Your compliments for our breakfast and Skyy Bar are very appreciated! I will share your review with the rest of the Fashion team. I’m sure Johnny and the rest of the team will read it with pride! Thank you for staying and for recommending.
inverness
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I am just back from a three night stay in this hotel, it was excellent, the rooms were very well decorated, staff were very helpful and friendly and it was just far out of town to escape. The trams were easy to manage and we had a great time. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: we had a room directly under the sky bar (we were given the option at check in) we were not bothered...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Isla r,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that we have met your expectations and that you rate us with 5 out of 5! I will share your feedback with my entire team! It’s great to read that you will return! That’s the biggest compliment we can get.
Kindest regards
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was a great hotel in all departments. From the excellent, friendly but very professional reception, the comfortable well furnished and quiet bedrooms, the great restaurant staff and food....everything....what's not to like?
The restaurant waiting staff in particular gave a very excellent service, and were very knowledgable.
We hoped and it turned out to be the case, that being quite a way from the city centre, it would not be full of 'hens' and 'stags'.
On the point of location, it was excellent. Easy to get into town on the 1 and 17 trams which run past the hotel. Taking advantage of the very good value travel cards made tram travel easy. It was close to the museum district. Equally, when we preferred, taxi was easy and accessible.
Overall, a really good experience and one I have no hesitation in recommending

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Planaid,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments about Fashion’s Bar and Restaurant are very appreciated and will be shared with the team. I look forward to your next visit!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel because the room and bathroom were very well designed. The pool in the basement is awesome! The staff...well, they could be friendlier. Every inquiry was met with mild annoyance. Luckily, I was there meeting people who knew the city so I didn't have to rely on them as much as I might have if was traveling alone. I suspect there are places just as nice with a nicer staff. It's a bit off the beaten path, but easy to get to by tram.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear ekimberle,
Thank you for staying with us! I’m very happy to read your compliments about our rooms and pool. I’m very sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction about my team. I kindly ask you to be more specific, please sent a mail to nico.evers@westcordhotels.nl. As a General Manager I find it very important to develop all team members to guarantee the highest level of guest satisfaction.
Please allow us the chance to welcome you back as our guest in the future.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Noordwijk, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Our company used this location for a global conference. Colleagues from all over the world stayed here for four or five days. It has a nice atmosphere and the rooms are good. Parking facilities are good. Hotel service is professional and could be a more personal although the size of the hotel makes this possibly a bit difficult. The breakfast, lunch and diner offer more than sufficient choices for all sorts of food. The various meeting rooms are fine. There's just one meeting location which requires you to walk outside, which is during winter and rain not practical. Other than that it's a good place to go and stay for a few days.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Oswin v,
I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words. Your compliments for our hotel and facilities are very welcome! It was a pleasure having you and your colleagues as our guests for 5 days! I look forward to welcome you again in the future!
Kindest Regards,
folkestone, kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We got a taxi from the airport. . €30 .check-in was swift and easy. Our room was clean & plenty big enough..did seem strange having bathroom separate from loo. .not a problem. We ate in the bar twice. .food was nice and reasonably priced . .. . .need to check the bill as both times things had been added that we didn't have. I used the pool but you pay extra fotr the sauna. .don't know why. .didn't use it. Sky bar was nice with fab cocktails. .bit pricey but woth it. Nice smoking area for those who do.Reception booked a dinner cruise for us which was excellent. . €75 per person for 3 courses & wine. ..tea or coffee & petite fours. .Bit of a walk to the tram stop. However they run frequently. .bought 5 day tickets at the info desk at airport. .hop on and off trams buses& trains. Lovely walk down to the city area through the park if the weather is good. Cafes in the park very good value. Heineken experience worth a visit. Ann Frank house had queues all the time. .but worth waiting for. . Loved our visit to Amsterdam. .flew from Manston which was easy and not stressful at all. .until it was time to fly home and our flight was cancelled. . KLM put us all up in a hotel nearly . .our flight left on time the next day. .would recommend this hotel if you don't want to be in the heart of the city.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear grezziwick,
What a pleasure to read your review of your recent stay with us. Thank you for sharing this review and for the kind words.
I’m delighted to read that the hotel has been a great choice for your visit. I’m sorry to read that your flight was canceled, ask KLM to book the Fashion Hotel next time ! I look forward to welcome you again as our guests when you come back to Amsterdam.
Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!