“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #30 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Just returned from a weekend in Amsterdam with my boyfriend. The rooms were lovely and we found the reception staff very welcoming and helpful. Also, I must say the beds are very comfortable, one of the best sleeps I have had! The hotel is slightly out of the center but we didn't find this to be a problem at all as the tram stop is just along the road and only takes about 10-15 mins into the center and Leidseplein where a lot of bars and clubs are is even closer! I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Amsterdam as for the price we paid it was definitely value for money! In fact we plan on returning to Amsterdam in the near future and staying in this hotel again! I normally never fill out reviews but was so impressed with this hotel that I felt I should!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Lyndsey A,
I'm very happy that you decided to write a review about your experiences on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Thank you for staying and for recommending! Your compliments about our breakfast are very appreciated! It’s great to learn that you will return! That’s the best compliment we can get! Looking forward to meet you again soon!
Nico Evers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Greek first
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Very comfortable business hotel very located on the west side of the city , close to central station , airport and port but a bit far from downtown. Very helpful and friendly staff . Good option for business meetings and stays.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear TIMERIC,
Thank you for your short and clear review on Tripadvisor! I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again to the WestCord Fashion!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I booked 3 nights at this hotel for myself and my mum, when we arrived (with not to much trouble from the airport, just a 10 min train ride, and then a 15 min walk) it was mid morning and as the room was ready we were allowed to check in early. We were both very pleased with the room, it was modern,clean and very comfortable. We found our way around with no problems, the tram stop to dam square and the centre was a 10 min walk away and the trams were frequent.The hotel reception staff were wonderful and went out their way to help with anything you asked for or needed, especially Johnny who was really friendly and helpful. We decided to have breakfast at the hotel one morning,and even though it was pricey at 19 euros, the choice was excellent and the food was fresh. We used the hotel pool and the bar and again the staff here were very pleasant. All in all this was one of the nicest and friendliest hotels I have stayed in and all the staff deserve credit. I would definately book it again and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Debra L,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I’m delighted to read that we are one of the nicest and friendliest hotels you have stayed in! Your compliments for my team are very appreciated! As a General Manager I’m very proud to have such dedicated team members! I will share your review with all of them. I’m sure Johnny and the rest of the team will read it with pride! Thank you for staying and for recommending. It’s great that you will return!
Poland europe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I would surely recommend this hotel. It is very elegant, clean, the stuff is professional and nice and helpful.we came to celebrate my husbands 30th birthday which was a surprise for him.before our come I told the hotel stuff that this was a very important travel and occasion for us. We got the card with an birthday invitation for 2 to the sky bar for drinks-it was very nice of the hotel, cause in many other places they kept on 'forgetting' about special request, but not here!! The location of the hotel is very good-about 4km to the city centre, or 5min to the tram stop which drives regularly and takes you directly to the city in few minutes. We we're satisfied about the hotel and our stay and would sincerely recommend it!! We would love to come back some other time!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Mimonamary,
Thank you for nice review on Tripadvisor. I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and our birthday treat! Thank you for staying and for recommending our hotel to future guests. I hope that we get the chance to welcome you again when your travel plans bring you back to Amsterdam.
Kerry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

One of the better hotels I've stayed in. I received a handwritten note from the manager wishing me a happy birthday and a cocktail voucher for my wife and I upon arrival.
Now that's what I call a nice touch!

The hotel is welcoming, spacious, clean, comfortable, friendly... I could go on.

We spent the first night in the Sky bar as we had a late check-in. The food was delicious, the cocktails were good too.

We felt the hotel location was fine. We used the tram a lot which was close by and that dropped us into Dam square quickly. We usually headed back to the hotel in the afternoon to rest and change and then would hop on the tram again that evening to head back into town.

We didn't use the spa facilities or eat breakfast which we felt was expensive @ €19 each.

A great stay overall.

Dear darharard,
Thank you for nice review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and you enjoyed our birthday treat! I’m I hope that we may have the chance to welcome you again in the near future both for business and pleasure!
General manager
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We booked a room for 2 nights in the Westcord Fashion hotel.
At arrival staff was very friendly, asked us if we wanted to use some of the extra facilities in the hotel, if we wanted to use the parking,...
The room itself was amazing, very stylish, wish it was my room at home!
there's not a lot of noise at night, so good if you're a bad sleeper.

Dear brechten3121,
Thank you for nice review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our amazing rooms! Thank you for recommending our hotel to others! I hope that we may have the chance to welcome you again in the near future!
General manager
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I booked this hotel after reading loads of reviews of different hotels in Amsterdam. I wanted to find a hotel that provided a luxury feel, that was clean and comfortable, in a good location and with good service. I was a little concerned about the location of the hotel but having read all of the excellent reviews, decided to take a chance on it. I couldn't be more delighted with the choice that I made. I emailed the hotel ahead of our arrival to ask how I could book breakfast, as the deal that I found on line did not include breakfast. I received an email from the hotel straight away and was able to pre-arrange breakfast at a reduced price. On arriving in Amsterdam travelling to the hotel was very easy indeed. We bought train tickets at the airport ( about 6 euros) and caught the train to Lelylaan where we then caught a tram. We paid for the tickets on the tram ( about 5 euros for 2 adults). It then took about 5-10 minutes to get to the tram stop Surinameplein which was just outside the hotel. The whole journey took about 15 minutes maximum so was a very quick, easy and cheap journey. When we arrived at the hotel, we were checked in by a very helpful assistant who was able to give us a map of the city and travel tips for our stay. The hotel was aware that I had booked the weekend as trip to celebrate our wedding anniversary. When we returned to the hotel that evening we found a bottle of bubbly, roses and chocolates in our room, a lovely gift from the hotel management and one which was much appreciated. We were allocated a lovely room, the size of the room was great, the design was attractive, the bathroom was immaculately clean with a large shower and separate bath. The bed was also very comfortable. We had breakfast at the hotel each morning, the food was very good and there was a very varied choice. We had drinks in the downstairs bar in the evenings. The prices were competitive and the bar area was funky in terms of it's design. We also went to the skyy bar which was ok but perhaps not as impressive as I had imagined it would be. The hotel is about a 10 minute tram ride from the centre of the city, but travelling by tram is very easy and did not cause us a problem at all - we in fact enjoyed getting away from the noise and bustle of the city at the end of the day. We bought a 72 hour tram ticket from the hotel reception and used this during our stay which saved money. We also walked into the city one morning from the hotel as it was a sunny, warm day. We walked through the park which was pretty and we then enjoyed wandering around streets on the way which were not on the main drag and which we would not have seen otherwise.
We have high standards and expectations when staying at hotels as my husband travels a lot with work. I can honestly say that I have nothing negative to say about the hotel at all. It is a lovely place to stay, it is trendy, well designed, spotlessly clean, very comfortable and the staff are all extremely polite and helpful. My only regret is that we weren't able to stay for longer as we didn't get a chance to use the pool and wellness centre. We will definitely return to this hotel - so next time !! I would have no hesitation in returning to or recommending this hotel - it was a great base from which to explore a lovely, interesting city.

Dear Jim186302,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed the Prosecco we offered for your wedding anniversary. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future, if you are looking for a job as a sales Manager you can always contact me :)!
Kind regards,
Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!