“Excellent hotel with exceptional staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #32 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel with exceptional staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had a lovely 3 nights here for an anniversary stay last month. The hotel is a Tripadvisor 2013 winner, and definitely the best hotel I've ever stayed in - we had a comfortable, quiet and spacious room, and were made to feel welcome by the staff, who went the extra mile to answer queries, send directions etc. from before we arrived until after we checked out - they also arranged a treat in our room which we so much appreciated. For a good value, good quality and unpretentious restaurant near the hotel, try de Pizzabakkers! The tram system is very easy to navigate and the Vondel Park great to walk through to connect to the centre. I would definitely book here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Helen402,
I'm very happy that you’ve enjoyed your wedding anniversary with us. Thank you for sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. Your compliments about our staff and services are highly appreciated. As a general manager I'm very proud to have such dedicated team members! Thank you for staying! I look forward to welcome you again as our guests in the near future!

1,369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed here for 4nights in September with two of my friends. The staff were great and always ready to help. One of my friends locked her padlock key in her suitcase and the staff sorted the matter within 2minutes and gave her a new padlock and key for free. They were lovely. The hotel is 20minutes from the city center but the number one tram can take you door to door so it was never a problem. It is also easy to get from the airport to the hotel. The sky bar is also worth a visit. Overall a lovely stay would stay here again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Aybi2013,
Your compliments about our staff and cleanliness are highly appreciated. Thank you for choosing our hotel and for recommending it to others. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guest in the near future!
Kindest Regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Good hotel with quiet location and easy access to dam central and the airport .very clean facility and the hotel receptionist was very helpful.
The hotel had a 60euro deal include breakfast and unlimited use of the health suite.a three course meal was apart of the deal and a cocktail from the sky bar.
However was not impress with the limitation as to what you can have consider we've paid for the dinner meal. When it was time to have our cocktail the bar staff told us we don't get to choose our drink . I had the impression that I would order the cocktail I wanted but yet told by the bartender I don't choose. The cocktail was awfully discusting.

Apart from that it was a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms the standard and quite
Dear 666phil157,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm very happy to read your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. Also your recommendations how to improve our service and products are very appreciated.
I will share your feedback with my entire team. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guest in the future!
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a recent business trip to Amsterdam. It is well located between the airport and the city, close to public transport.
It is clean, lively and comfortable and the staff were very helpful and attentive.
I would recommend this as a business base for Amsterdam.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear LondonWizard,
I was delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations! Thank you for choosing our hotel and for recommending it to others! I do hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future! Not only for business but also for a leisure weekend away!
General manager
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Pros:

- Good connectivity via trams to Amsterdam Central and other places. Tram station just a 5 min walk.
- Excellent rooms to serve the business purpose or small trip.
- Not too far from the Schiphol airport - 45 mins.
- Quiet from the city hustle
- Good service.

Cons:

- No refrigerator in the rooms.
- Not a great skyy bar. It's just okay n nothing great about it. And is expensive.
- Less restaurant options nearby. There are around 2-3 in walkable range.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sumant R,
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor! I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay! With regards to your comment about the refrigerator I can inform you that our minibar has a drawer to store your own goods. The Amstelveenseweg (lot’s of restaurants) is only a 5 minute walk and the city centre can be reached by tram within 10 minutes.
Thank you for staying with us! I hope to welcome you again in our hotel soon!
Sussex, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Everything about this hotel was excellent except the location. We got a really good deal compared to city centre hotels, and the rooms are smart, large and well equipped. The beds are comfy, everything worked well so we didn't actually need to speak to the staff much although the reception was friendly and helpful. I emailed ahead for a quiet room and it was absolutely silent for three nights!
I loved the pool which is a good rectangle shape that you can actually do a fitness swim in, and it wasn't crowded.
However - we had a wet and windy weekend and as the colder weather approaches the disadvantage of trekking over the main road to the tram stop to get into the centre becomes a bigger factor. Also, it is hard to find good local restaurants - the Frenzi Cucina in Overtoom was the only one nearby that we liked.

Dear Patricia54,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! I will pass your compliments to my entire team! With regards to our location I can inform you that the nearest Tramstop is at 400 meters and a ride into the Centre is only 10 minutes. Thank you for staying with us and for recommending it to others. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

As you would expect, the hotel cares a lot for its appearance. Although looking glamorous, it's not too extravagant, which makes it nice for old and young. At the same time it has a cozy feel to it, so you can both feel at home and live the luxury.
The rooms are quite spacious, with a small toilet room and a bathroom with a sink, a big shower and a bathtub. The bathroom was so new and clean that we didn't feel the need to go to the pool downstairs (which is free, although the sauna is not). The water temperature and pressure are astonishing for a hotel. Maybe the lights are a little weak if you want to take your time to do your makeup, but it's not a big issue at all. What deserves a little minus point is the blowdryer, which isn't really strong and the air comes out only while a button is pressed. Towels and bath supplies are changed every day if necessary.
The bed was comfortable, but keep in mind that the double room has two separated mattresses which are shoved together and have individual sheets. There is no space in between, so for us it wasn't a problem.
Personally, I wouldn't have chosen a carpet floor and imitation leather for decoration pillows on the bed, because they're both not easy to clean throughly, thus not very hygienic.
The location is pretty quiet and within a short walking distance from a tram stop where you can take lines 15 and 17 which bring you to different parts of the city centre in less than 20 minutes. The trams stop literally every 2 minutes during the day, and maybe 5-10 in the later evening, till 12:30 am.
All in all, it was a great hotel for 87€ a night (but breakfast was not included and available at 20€/day - a true faux pas!) and I would book it again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear moonnight,
General manager

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!