“Lively business hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #32 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
London
“Lively business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a recent business trip to Amsterdam. It is well located between the airport and the city, close to public transport.
It is clean, lively and comfortable and the staff were very helpful and attentive.
I would recommend this as a business base for Amsterdam.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear LondonWizard,
I was delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations! Thank you for choosing our hotel and for recommending it to others! I do hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future! Not only for business but also for a leisure weekend away!
General manager

1,368 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Pros:

- Good connectivity via trams to Amsterdam Central and other places. Tram station just a 5 min walk.
- Excellent rooms to serve the business purpose or small trip.
- Not too far from the Schiphol airport - 45 mins.
- Quiet from the city hustle
- Good service.

Cons:

- No refrigerator in the rooms.
- Not a great skyy bar. It's just okay n nothing great about it. And is expensive.
- Less restaurant options nearby. There are around 2-3 in walkable range.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sumant R,
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor! I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay! With regards to your comment about the refrigerator I can inform you that our minibar has a drawer to store your own goods. The Amstelveenseweg (lot’s of restaurants) is only a 5 minute walk and the city centre can be reached by tram within 10 minutes.
Thank you for staying with us! I hope to welcome you again in our hotel soon!
Sussex, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Everything about this hotel was excellent except the location. We got a really good deal compared to city centre hotels, and the rooms are smart, large and well equipped. The beds are comfy, everything worked well so we didn't actually need to speak to the staff much although the reception was friendly and helpful. I emailed ahead for a quiet room and it was absolutely silent for three nights!
I loved the pool which is a good rectangle shape that you can actually do a fitness swim in, and it wasn't crowded.
However - we had a wet and windy weekend and as the colder weather approaches the disadvantage of trekking over the main road to the tram stop to get into the centre becomes a bigger factor. Also, it is hard to find good local restaurants - the Frenzi Cucina in Overtoom was the only one nearby that we liked.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Patricia54,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! I will pass your compliments to my entire team! With regards to our location I can inform you that the nearest Tramstop is at 400 meters and a ride into the Centre is only 10 minutes. Thank you for staying with us and for recommending it to others. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

As you would expect, the hotel cares a lot for its appearance. Although looking glamorous, it's not too extravagant, which makes it nice for old and young. At the same time it has a cozy feel to it, so you can both feel at home and live the luxury.
The rooms are quite spacious, with a small toilet room and a bathroom with a sink, a big shower and a bathtub. The bathroom was so new and clean that we didn't feel the need to go to the pool downstairs (which is free, although the sauna is not). The water temperature and pressure are astonishing for a hotel. Maybe the lights are a little weak if you want to take your time to do your makeup, but it's not a big issue at all. What deserves a little minus point is the blowdryer, which isn't really strong and the air comes out only while a button is pressed. Towels and bath supplies are changed every day if necessary.
The bed was comfortable, but keep in mind that the double room has two separated mattresses which are shoved together and have individual sheets. There is no space in between, so for us it wasn't a problem.
Personally, I wouldn't have chosen a carpet floor and imitation leather for decoration pillows on the bed, because they're both not easy to clean throughly, thus not very hygienic.
The location is pretty quiet and within a short walking distance from a tram stop where you can take lines 15 and 17 which bring you to different parts of the city centre in less than 20 minutes. The trams stop literally every 2 minutes during the day, and maybe 5-10 in the later evening, till 12:30 am.
All in all, it was a great hotel for 87€ a night (but breakfast was not included and available at 20€/day - a true faux pas!) and I would book it again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear moonnight,
General manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel after reading all the excellent reviews and it definitely lived up to our expectations. Although it is a little way out from the city centre the tram service is very efficient and it was no problem at all. The staff are all very friendly and made us feel very welcome. The rooms have a vending machine mini bar which we asked to be turned off but there was still a little drawer under the fridge to keep our drinks etc cool. There is also an ice machine.
To get to the city centre you need to get a 1 or 17 tram. To get to the airport you need to go one tram stop and then go from Lelyraan station. Be warned you need coins to buy a ticket as we found it doesn't accept Visa cards. This hotel was really lovely and I would definitely stay again. (30 year old couple)

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Humbug123,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that we have met your expectations and that you rate us with 5 out of 5! I will share your feedback with my entire team! Thank you for recommending it to others! I do hope to meet you again as our guests!
Kindest regards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 4 days at the end of July. The hotel is beautiful and the decor ticks all the boxes for me. It's not in the center of Amsterdam but it is very easy to travel into Amsterdam less than 10 minutes on a nearby tram.

The fact that it is not centrally located is kind of a plus because you get more hotel for your money as many of the ones we saw in the center were much smaller. If you chose this hotel I do recommend you not get a taxi from the airport, as it is fairly easy and much cheaper to travel to the hotel from the airport, just one train and a tram.

The hotel spa and pool are both lovely and the rooftop bar is a nice addition to an already beautiful place. My only problem was the breakfast we had included did become repetitive and it would have been nice to have different options, also some of the restaurant prices can be a bit steep depending on what your expectations are. I would say drop by your nearest Albert Heijen and stock up on a few goodies for your room. Otherwise its a definite thumbs up from me

The hotel also offers the facility to buy travel passes for the tram, train and I think some ferries. Also you can hire bikes from the reception too. The staff were lovely and the overall service was good. Would recommend Amsterdam in the summer time the canals and bike rides are much nicer with sun beaming on your face, also you can enjoy the beautiful outside dining that the hotel offers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Miss_Cathyx,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you will return. That’s the biggest compliment we can get.! Ilook forward to your next visit!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 4 days. I would only change one thing.
The staff were very accommodating and friendly. They could speak English very well.
We got there very early but were still able to check in.
On our booking form we did pay extra for a twin room and when we got there we were put into a double room, as we didn't mind and the bed was very big we didn't complain. I'm sure they would have changed it if we had asked. We did ask for a spare duvet cover and they were very quick to sort that out for us.
The bed was very comfortable, the rooms were cleaned well every day and all the amenities refreshed.

My only complaint was that the shower/bathroom door was made of see through glass! this would not have been a problem if you were traveling as a couple but when traveling with friends it may have been. We just had to sort out a system when we showered!

Other than that it was a great trip. i would 100% recommend this hotel and it is so easy to get into town/ the city. much nicer than staying in the city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear RhiannaKaur,
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. With regards to your room tip about the glass in the bathroom I can inform you that we have bathrooms with frosted glass available. Thank you for recommending it to others! I look forward to welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the future!
Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!