“Perfect Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #32 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Perfect Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 4 days. I would only change one thing.
The staff were very accommodating and friendly. They could speak English very well.
We got there very early but were still able to check in.
On our booking form we did pay extra for a twin room and when we got there we were put into a double room, as we didn't mind and the bed was very big we didn't complain. I'm sure they would have changed it if we had asked. We did ask for a spare duvet cover and they were very quick to sort that out for us.
The bed was very comfortable, the rooms were cleaned well every day and all the amenities refreshed.

My only complaint was that the shower/bathroom door was made of see through glass! this would not have been a problem if you were traveling as a couple but when traveling with friends it may have been. We just had to sort out a system when we showered!

Other than that it was a great trip. i would 100% recommend this hotel and it is so easy to get into town/ the city. much nicer than staying in the city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear RhiannaKaur,
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. With regards to your room tip about the glass in the bathroom I can inform you that we have bathrooms with frosted glass available. Thank you for recommending it to others! I look forward to welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the future!

1,440 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Greek first
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a quirky, fun hotel. You know you are in a different place as soon as you enter. We drove from Germany, and it was very convenient to reach and park, while it was still easy to bike or take a tram into the center of town.

The rooms were very nice, and mine had a good view.

The bar in the hotel was very welcoming, and we had an enjoyable evening there our first night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jonathan B,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel so much.Nice of you to mention a bike. As an Amsterdam citizen I totally agree with you about travelling around on a bike. I always cycle and it is the best and funniest way to explore Amsterdam. I will share your feedback with my entire team and do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guest in the future!
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The westcord fashion is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. I stayed in the London suite on the second floor. The staff were extremely helpful, polite and welcoming. The stay in this hotel made mine and my partners holiday and would recommend it to any couple, family, friends and people traveling on business. The food in the hotel is also amazing, a little pricey but so worth it. The rooms are spectacular and are really modern. The beds are so comfortable! A little out of the way center but so easy to get to dam square and the place with all food and restaurants just jump on trams 1 & 17 and there is a tram stop right outside the hotel.Me and my Partner came for the loveland festival in sloterpark and that was close by and it is also close to the airport. Perfect holiday for anyone. Also the swimming pool is lovely and is the guy!

Room Tip: The suites are nicer than the standards!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Poppy B,
"Best hotel I have ever stayed in! Lovely!”
What a great start of a review! Thank you for sharing your feedback and for all the kind words. I’m delighted to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay so much! Thank you for choosing our hotel and I look forward to welcome you again to the WestCord Fashion Hotel!
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights in July in this Hotel, fantastic experience.
The staff are so friendly, on arrival, check in, throughout the trip, and then on check out, could not give enough help or info, and all very polite with impeccable English.
The rooms are so spacious, unbelievable bed, great tv and sofa lounge with optional mini bar, great bathroom (all though see through door) and spacious wardrobes.
The hotel's food and drink is fine, nice bar and restaurant, a tad expensive, but its ok. The interior decor is fantastic and very post modern.
The pool is great within the hotel, and would recommend the spa treatment, don't let the blonde haired lady rip you off however by trying to give you the most expensive treatment. We got massages and they were first class.
The distance into town is not a problem, the tram is a 2 minute walk if even, and it comes every five minutes, so I don't know why people are complaining, if you want city centre book city centre, but youre in a lovely suburb and it takes 5 mins in the tram if even.
Trips I would recommend are the Maddam Tussards, Heineken experience, and canal cruises.

All in all a great hotel and would go back if I was to go to Amsterdam again :)

Room Tip: Book the weekly tram ticket, costs only 20 euros I think, will save you in the long term
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Barry C,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! Your compliments will be shared with my entire team! I’m very happy to read that you will return. That’s the biggest compliment we can get!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Wife and I were on our first visit to Amsterdam and chose this hotel due to TA reviews. We were not disappointed. Rooms are very modern, a good size, spotlessly clean, quiet with excellent choice of TV channels. Although not sampling the restaurant, we did have a bar meal, which was delicious and well prsented. However, the feature which stood out for us, was the quality of the staff employed throughout the hotel and in particular, reception staff. We had the misfortune to have left a rucksack on the tram which dropped us on arrival at the hotel. The reception staff telephoned the tram company (GVB) several times on our behalf and even made an appointment with the police to arrange for a police report to be provided. The hotel is on the outskirts of Amsterdam, but transport links are excellent with trams (Numbers 1 and 17) running frequently (every 5 minutes) to the city centre. Although there are two tram stops I would strongly advise using the stop at Surinamplein ( the other has a series of steps which can be a problem if handling suitcases). We will definitely use this hotel again if/when returning to Amsterdam.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear JohnboyH,
I‘m delighted to read that the hotel and my entire team have met your expectations! As a General Manager I’m proud to have such dedicated tem members! Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I've stayed here a few times because of the proximity to my office (not exactly "down town", but well connected on public transport), and I always find it excellent. Staff polite and courteous, rooms modern, clean and comfortable. Sometimes it gets very busy, and totally books out at certain times of year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear John O,
I'm very happy to have you as a regular guest and I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stays in our hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience, I look forward to welcome again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

This was the first stop for my husband and I during our anniversary trip. As everyone mentions, the hotel is not in the city center; rather, it is a short tram ride away. It is located close enough to a tram stop, so this was not a big deal at all. We bought our three-day tram pass at the train station.

The room was clean and the service was great. The people at the front desk were very helpful in making restaurant reservations and helping us plan out short visit. Note that they sell tickets for canal cruises and various tours here (at a slightly discounted rate I believe), so it is worth stopping by to discuss your plans.

As it was our anniversary, the staff left a lovely note, roses and champagne for us - very nice touch!

We enjoyed our stay here and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear MNNS7,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I will share your feedback with my entire team! I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed the Prosecco we offered for your wedding anniversary. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future! Kind regards,
Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!