“Best hotel I have ever stayed in! Lovely!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1 | GPS address: Nachtwachtlaan 11, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #31 of 350 Hotels in Amsterdam
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Best hotel I have ever stayed in! Lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The westcord fashion is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. I stayed in the London suite on the second floor. The staff were extremely helpful, polite and welcoming. The stay in this hotel made mine and my partners holiday and would recommend it to any couple, family, friends and people traveling on business. The food in the hotel is also amazing, a little pricey but so worth it. The rooms are spectacular and are really modern. The beds are so comfortable! A little out of the way center but so easy to get to dam square and the place with all food and restaurants just jump on trams 1 & 17 and there is a tram stop right outside the hotel.Me and my Partner came for the loveland festival in sloterpark and that was close by and it is also close to the airport. Perfect holiday for anyone. Also the swimming pool is lovely and is the guy!

Room Tip: The suites are nicer than the standards!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Poppy B,
"Best hotel I have ever stayed in! Lovely!”
What a great start of a review! Thank you for sharing your feedback and for all the kind words. I’m delighted to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay so much! Thank you for choosing our hotel and I look forward to welcome you again to the WestCord Fashion Hotel!
Nico Evers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Greek first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights in July in this Hotel, fantastic experience.
The staff are so friendly, on arrival, check in, throughout the trip, and then on check out, could not give enough help or info, and all very polite with impeccable English.
The rooms are so spacious, unbelievable bed, great tv and sofa lounge with optional mini bar, great bathroom (all though see through door) and spacious wardrobes.
The hotel's food and drink is fine, nice bar and restaurant, a tad expensive, but its ok. The interior decor is fantastic and very post modern.
The pool is great within the hotel, and would recommend the spa treatment, don't let the blonde haired lady rip you off however by trying to give you the most expensive treatment. We got massages and they were first class.
The distance into town is not a problem, the tram is a 2 minute walk if even, and it comes every five minutes, so I don't know why people are complaining, if you want city centre book city centre, but youre in a lovely suburb and it takes 5 mins in the tram if even.
Trips I would recommend are the Maddam Tussards, Heineken experience, and canal cruises.

All in all a great hotel and would go back if I was to go to Amsterdam again :)

Room Tip: Book the weekly tram ticket, costs only 20 euros I think, will save you in the long term
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Barry C,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! Your compliments will be shared with my entire team! I’m very happy to read that you will return. That’s the biggest compliment we can get!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Wife and I were on our first visit to Amsterdam and chose this hotel due to TA reviews. We were not disappointed. Rooms are very modern, a good size, spotlessly clean, quiet with excellent choice of TV channels. Although not sampling the restaurant, we did have a bar meal, which was delicious and well prsented. However, the feature which stood out for us, was the quality of the staff employed throughout the hotel and in particular, reception staff. We had the misfortune to have left a rucksack on the tram which dropped us on arrival at the hotel. The reception staff telephoned the tram company (GVB) several times on our behalf and even made an appointment with the police to arrange for a police report to be provided. The hotel is on the outskirts of Amsterdam, but transport links are excellent with trams (Numbers 1 and 17) running frequently (every 5 minutes) to the city centre. Although there are two tram stops I would strongly advise using the stop at Surinamplein ( the other has a series of steps which can be a problem if handling suitcases). We will definitely use this hotel again if/when returning to Amsterdam.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear JohnboyH,
I‘m delighted to read that the hotel and my entire team have met your expectations! As a General Manager I’m proud to have such dedicated tem members! Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I've stayed here a few times because of the proximity to my office (not exactly "down town", but well connected on public transport), and I always find it excellent. Staff polite and courteous, rooms modern, clean and comfortable. Sometimes it gets very busy, and totally books out at certain times of year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear John O,
I'm very happy to have you as a regular guest and I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stays in our hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience, I look forward to welcome again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

This was the first stop for my husband and I during our anniversary trip. As everyone mentions, the hotel is not in the city center; rather, it is a short tram ride away. It is located close enough to a tram stop, so this was not a big deal at all. We bought our three-day tram pass at the train station.

The room was clean and the service was great. The people at the front desk were very helpful in making restaurant reservations and helping us plan out short visit. Note that they sell tickets for canal cruises and various tours here (at a slightly discounted rate I believe), so it is worth stopping by to discuss your plans.

As it was our anniversary, the staff left a lovely note, roses and champagne for us - very nice touch!

We enjoyed our stay here and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear MNNS7,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I will share your feedback with my entire team! I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed the Prosecco we offered for your wedding anniversary. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future! Kind regards,
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

On arrival - this hotel seemed quite isolated but in fact tram stop short walk from hotel and trams were very frequent. We found all staff to be exceptionally helpful and friendly. My husband had left a bag on a tram containing camera/ipad/boarding passes etc. and they were very helpful in organising appointment at police station for us. We ate in the hotel the first night and the food was lovely. Chicken satay delicious! Hotel very clean and quite quirky..... One small niggle .... In the sky bar you can only get a small Heineken, when they serve small, medium or large in the downstairs bar! Dont understand this ..... It's only a glass size after all!

We didnt have breakfast in hotel as we felt it was quite expensive - agree with other comments - if price reduced a little dining room would be full.

All in all - great hotel and would certainly recommend to others and indeed return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Maggs60,
Thank you for staying with us! It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor and for recommending it to others! Your comment with regards to the breakfast and the Restaurant are highly appreciated. We do sell coffee & croissants for guests who are less hungry in the morning. I do Hope to get the possibility to welcome you again as our guest!
Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!