“Super modern hotel just outside of Centruum” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #30 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Brighouse, United Kingdom
“Super modern hotel just outside of Centruum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for 3 nights and we could not have picked a better place for a short break in Amsterdam - I wish we could have stayed the whole week. It actually works out nice that it's a 10-15 minute tram ride on lines 1 or 17 into Centruum as it takes you out of the hustle. When you're in the hotel the large and nicely decorated communal areas make things relaxing. It's more a place for couples and business stays than for families with children. I only saw one kid the entire time.

We were in room 2.42 which is exceptional for a standard room but I'm sure all rooms are decent and modern. I'd recommend going down to The Wellness Garden on the basement level where the swimming pool is located. The pool is clean and a good size with some weird modern and more useable traditional sunbeds alongside it. The sauna was 10 Euros to come and go all day.

The SKY Bar on the top level is trendy, serves cocktails and has some loud DJs on. The bar on the lobby level is more relaxed and usually has a few hotel guests in and out. The bar serves La Chouffe, a strong Belgian pale ale on draft which is a massive bonus. The food menu is superb and I'd advise to have at least one meal at the hotel either at the bar or in the restaurant.

I'd definitely recommend WestCord hotels on the back of this one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Matt B,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and rate us with 5 out of 5! Your compliments about our food in our restaurant and bar, cocktails in our Skyybar, rooms and wellness garden are highly appreciated! I will share them with my entire team!
I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back as our guests when your travel plans bring you back to Amsterdam!
Kindest regards
Nico Evers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Good location , not far from Amsterdam city town with Tram as very professional staff really informative to help travellers who really don't have any idea to start their visiting. My friend were surprised just before long enough to find himself staying such luxury hotel . Tram ticket are also sold here to help traveller trip. Never afraid to ask help from the staff, as thet keeping its rate in FOUR STAR standard. Good recommendation for u! You will like it.

Room Tip: Rooms have its own standard and asking for room with a good review, I guess you wouldn't be disa...
Dear SoonHong,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments to our staff which I already passed on to them. I am proud as a hotel manager to have such dedicated Team members. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to the WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, and we are looking forward to welcome you again when your travels brings you back to the area.
Kind regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Me and my friends stayed at this luxurious hotel for a week, not sure if I could fault it! The pictures on the website are honest which is something I worried about because it looked too good to be true for the price we payed! The staff were lovely and nothing we asked for was a problem. One thing I would suggest is that the sauna was free of charge for guests, I've never seen a hotel/spa/health club charge for sauna use. Also no water or mirrors in the gym, I personally would always expect water and space in front of the mirror to do weight training. However I wouldn't say that is a complaint, merely a suggestion for improvement. Over all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Rooms were quiet, big, comfortable and looked lovely! Pillows were huge, AC & heating, black out curtains and the bath was luxuriously deep! Would definitely recommend

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Hollym10,
Thank you for staying with us! It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor and for recommending it to others! Your suggestions with regards to the Wellness Garden are highly appreciated. I do Hope to see you again in the near future!
lanark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was my 3rd stay and still found it to be a pleasant stay, the hotel is in a good location with easy access via Amsterdam city centre and the airport/central station. The rooms are nice but we noted area's were starting to look a bit worn, ie scratch marks over the area where the tv sits but the rooms are always clean and bed comfortable. I will return again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jamie h,
I'm very happy to have you as a regular guest and I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stays in our hotel! I’m surprised about your comment that certain area’s are starting to look a bit worn. I would like to know in which room you were staying. Please be so kind to sent me a mail at nico.evers@westcordhotels.nl. Thank you for sharing your experience I look forward to welcome aigain!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

With my husband we decided to stop in Amsterdam just for 2 night (on our way from Paris to Germany). When I checked opinions of this hotel, we immediately book room.
I do not understand opinions like: bathroom door are made of glass. Ii is FASHION hotel! Of course design will be like modern and cool. And it was one of the BEST hotel we ever stayed!! It totally should have 5 star (ironing board in the room).
VERY VERY nice service. If we will visit Amsterdam one more time FOR SURE we will stay in WestCord

Dear aagaa88,
"Big WOW!!!” what a great start for a review!
I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel! Your review reflects our desired guest experience!
Thank you for staying and recommending our hotel to others! I look forward to your next visit.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

just got back from a 4 night stay here. What an absolute pleasure it was, the rooms are modern, spacious and so clean. The staff are so friendly and the pool/gym are great. It really is a great 4 star hotel. Don't let the distance put you off, it really is like a 10-15 minute trip right into the heart so it really Is not to far out at all.

Would go back in a heartbeat such a nice place

Dear danphear,
I was delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations! I will share your feedback with my entire team! Your comment about the distance to the City Center are very appreciated, 10-15 minutes is not much indeed. Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!
Gauteng
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip, this place has great facilities for conferences, fantastic breakfasts, beautiful rooms. Rooms are equipped with great bathrooms, nice beds, and television. It's closely located to tram stations. Would go here on a personal trip also.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear samisto,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Your compliments will be shared with my entire team! We look forward to your next visit whether it is a personal trip or a business trip!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!