“Beautiful hotel :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #30 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Beautiful hotel :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I cannot express how fantastic this hotel was. Me and my partner when for a birthday treat so we were looking for a relaxing hotel and we were not disappointed :)

The room was spotless, the bed huge and the bathroom was modern (the bathroom had glass doors so was perfect for having a soak, a glass of wine and watch tv!)
The hotel offers a spa and beauty treatment and reasonable prices so was perfect for a relaxing after explore The Dam.
Naturally the hotel isn't in the city center but the hotel staff pointed us in the right direction and advised us on what tram to get.
Hotel staff were lovely, rooms were cleaned every day providing fresh towels and toiletries.

Overall brilliant place to go to visit Amsterdam :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Sam R,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Your compliments will be shared with my entire team! We look forward to your next visit!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Nico Evers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Greek first
Chur, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed in Amsterdam for 4 nights in the beginning of august. The Hotel is not located in the center of Amsterdam. After experiencing it, I am very happy with choosing this hotel. Its more of an advantage then a disadvantage. You wont find a hotel in the city center for this price in such a good quality. The rooms were big (not common in Amsterdam), clean, modern and really fashionable. The beds were very comfortable - we slept soooo good. The staff was friendly, helpful and quick - night and day.
The hotel is one train stop (Amsterdam Lelylann) and a 5-10 Minute walk away from the airport. From the airport gate it took us about 20min to get to the hotel. If you stay at this hotel - rent a bike. Dont use public transportation. You can be in the city center in 15min by bike, the ride is also very nice. There is a bike road from the hotel, trough vondelpark right into the city. Experiencing the city is way better by bike than by foot or public transport. If you want to go party you can just park your bike after vondelpark and go from bar to bar by foot. And then to get home you just ride the lighten up bike road back to the hotel. We didnt book the breakfast. The Spa Area was okay. The pool is not to big, but okay for a quick splash. The fitness area is acceptable for a hotel, not big, but the equipment is in good shape. We didnt try out the Skyy Bar.
We will definitely come back to this hotel and would recommend it to anybody. If you rent a bike this is the place to be. The price/quality ratio is unbeatable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear swiss_globetrotter86,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel so much. With regards to the bed I can inform you that they are especially designed for WestCord Hotels. As an Amsterdam citizen I totally agree with you about travelling around on a bike. I always cycle and it is the best and funniest way to explore Amsterdam. I will share your feedback with my entire team and do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guest in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Myself and partner spent 2 nights in Amsteedam for our anniversary.The Hotel went out of there way to make it an amazing stay.The staff were really friendley and attentive. They gave us champagne,chocolates and roses as they knew it was our anniversary!

The hotel is clean,unique,quiet and has lovely facilities...the terrace at night is perfect for relaxing after a busy day or before you head out.

The food was slightly expensive for what it was but comparative to Amsterdam food prices.

The location was perfect for us..a little bit out of the way to relax and escape the full on city but not too far on the tram(which were every 5 mins) to come back to the hotel a couple of times if you need too,takes about 10-15 mins. We found some nice restaurants on the main road down to the hotel and Vondelpark is just around the corner...you get a taste of local life too which is nice.

Overall it was an amazing trip and I would recommend this hotel mostly to couples or friends who want a little bit of luxury rather than a standard hotel. Will definately be staying again on our next trip to Amsterdam.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear misschino,
What a pleasure to read that you will to come back! Thank you for sharing this review and for all the kind words. I’m delighted to read that you’ve enoyed our anniversary gifts! Thank you for choosing our hotel and I look forward to welcome you again to the WestCord Fashion Hotel!
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Immaculate, modern and stylish hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff who went to extra effort to make us feel welcome with champagne, chocolates and roses.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor and had no traffic noise or Skyy Bar noise, it was ideal.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ballanarry,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I will share your feedback with my entire team! I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed the Prosecco we offered for your wedding anniversary. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future! Thank you for recommending it to others!
Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I can not say enough about this fantastic hotel and the most amazing customer service. My wife and I stayed for a long weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary and the room was immaculate and the bathroom was spacious - all modern and what you would expect to find at a Fashion Hotel. The location is not in the centre but easy access is provided by tram and train both within short walking distance.Where do I start with the fantastic customer service! We had only been in our room for 20 minutes when we were greeted with roses, a bottle of bubbles, chocolates and fruit as a gift to kick start our anniversary celebrations! We had a great night in Amsterdam but woke up to find that my wife's phone and my wallet had been lost. The hotel staff could not do enough to help us out by phoning the police and various bars we had frequented but to little avail. We did not let this spoil our trip and this was made easier by the amazing, helpful, friendly front of house team. On our return to England, I received an email saying that the items had been handed in to the police lost and found in the city centre. After contacting the hotel to see if their was anything they could do, the front of house staff went above and beyond by retrieving the items and sending them to me! The staff are a real credit to the company and I can not thank them enough and I would highly recommend a stay at this hotel and would look no further if visiting Amsterdam.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dave T,
I'm very happy that you decided to enjoy your anniversary in the WestCord Fashion Hotel. Thank you for writing a review about your experiences on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and our little honeymoon surprise so much. As a general manager I'm proud to have such dedicated team members! Thank you for staying and I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests in the near future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a lovely break in Amsterdam, which was made even better by such a lovely accommodation and base to stay at.

The hotel food we cannot comment on but the facilities were really good, our room was great. It was generous size with a massive king sized bed, lovely big shower room.

The location is not very central to Amsterdam but we didn't mind this, there is a tram stop conveniently located about 5 minutes walk from the hotel, where you can then board the trams into the centre of Amsterdam or surrounding areas. We purchased a 3 day tram pass in the airport so it worked out really inexpensive as you can hop on and off as many trams to get around.

Overall we definitely recommend the WestCord fashion hotel and would definitely return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AJCarruthers,
I was delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations! Thank you for choosing our hotel and for recommending it to others! I do hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!
General manager
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed 3 nights here in Amsterdam. The rooms are stylish and clean. Internet is free and fast. Using ping tests online, the ping was about 75ms, very good. The staff is always friendly and helpful. That left a good impression.

The hotel is about a 15-20 minute tram ride to red light district. I forgot the name of the nearest tram stop, but it is about 200 yards down the street. The only subpar thing I remember about the hotel was the food. Not great tasting.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Superflunker87,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! I will share your feedback with my entire team! The nearest tram stop is Surinameplein, 400 meters from the hotel. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests in the future!
WestCord fashion Hotel
Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!