“Fab Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #30 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Auckland
“Fab Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had a lovely stay here. The service was fantastic the rooms were great with modern touches. The bathroom was excellent we had a large shower and a separate bath. Although not supremely located it was a great hotel overall. We would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear 16 Waimea,
Thank you very much for your kind and enthusiastic words in your review! It was a delight to read you enjoyed your stay so much! I will share your comments with my entire team, who I am sure will read them with pride!
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for recommending it to others! It has been a pleasure welcoming you to our hotel, and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back next time!
WestCord Fashion Hotel
Nico Evers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Greek first
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Don't go with high expectations because this hotel is not good as it has been raved about! Rooms are dark, staff is not very friendly and worst of all, location is horrible. Amsterdam is a small city and you should be in the heart of it to enjoy! This hotel is on the outskirts. I would never ever choose this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Merijn_Veken, Front Office Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Raindeep,

I have just read your review of your stay and would like to say that I am very sorry to see that we have not been able to meet your expectations!

You are correct to note that we are not in the immediate city centre of Amsterdam, but instead are a 10-15 minute tram ride away from the main highlights. On the plus side this means that we do have great connections to the airport and to the highway!

Your feedback is very important to us, as it can help us improve our services and product. I would therefore very much appreciate it if you would contact me to discuss how you feel we could improve. My e-mail is merijn.veken@westcordhotels.nl

I do hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to Amsterdam!

kindest regards,

Ireland, belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Myself and husband stayed at this hotel on the last leg of our honeymoon. We had travelled around Europe on our motorcycle and had booked the Westcord as a last minute thing.

On arrival we were greeted with a gorgeous bottle of champagne, roses chocolates and a beautifully written congratulations card. We attended the sky bar on our second night, which wasn't expensive as I would've thought. We waited a while on drinks and we're offered free drinks on the waiter because it'd been a long weight. Very amicable of the waiter and so our time in the hotel was superb, staff were great, room was out of this world, gorgeous bathroom with two seater bath and walk in shower.

We did however have an awful experience with parking. Our motorcycle was STOLEN from the hotel 'secure' parking. We'd a terrible trauma with the fact of how do we get home, what could we do, basically additional costs we couldn't afford with being a newlywed couple.

The hotel were very good with organising a taxi to the police station, extending our stay in the hotel room, giving us food and covering the cost of the taxi to the ferry from the hotel, as we were due home that day.

Commendable to the staff who were straight over to help us and advise.

Be careful parking vehicles, this was our honeymoon that was tainted by this bad experience. All our luggage, the bike, gone. Disappointing considering we'd booked the hotel not only on the brilliant reviews but on the condition that there was secure parking at 30euro

We plan to rebook this hotel around new years eve this year.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Ireland_BelfastEmma,

thank you for writing your review of your stay in our hotel! Although I can imagine that you look back with mixed feeling, I am happy to read that you did enjoy the hotel and appreciated the friendliness and help of our staff!

I can inform you that we are currently in the process of adding extra security and gates to our parking facilities to prevent such an incident from happening again.

How wonderful to know that you will be returning around New Year's Eve! Perhaps you could contact me to discuss your next stay? You can reach me at merijn.veken@westcordhotels.nl .

Front Office manager | Westcord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed in the WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam over the weekend for a city break. We found the staff in the hotel pleasent and helpfull. Clean, tidy, secure, rooms were spacious, views OK, free safe in room. When we booked the hotel one of the things we were drawn to was the Health Suite and Gym. My partner and I always like to work out / relax when away. Sad but there you go :-)

We had a problem with our stay in relation to the Health Suite, specifically ther policies.

When we attended the Health Suite we were told that we not allowed to view the exercise area . The staff were unable to provide any explanation for this policy. I went and changed into my Gym gear, reattended and again was told I could not enter the Gym area unless I was going to use the equipment.

Equipment or lack of in the Gym area. There are no soft matts available to allow warm up / cool down stretching. There are also no instructions anywhere regarding stretching. There is no water cooler available, all water has to be purchased?!? In my opinions these are unacceptable for any gym.

Swimming pool, wellness area and saunas. The swimming pool was free to use, however we were told that we would have to pay to use either of the Saunas. This is not clearly indicated on the hotel website so be warned. Again you are expected to purchase all drinks from reception and there is no water cooler available. I was also told that I was not allowed to take my kindle into the wellness area to relax.

Finally we were directed to the SKY BAR which was to "drink cocktails in the stylish SKYY Bar on the 10th floor. It has a great view over the city" I would suggest that the great view, is not a great view, but more of a crap view. SKY BAR Dj was really good and played an amazing selection of 80`s remix and vocally garage beats. The music helped us deal with the price of 12 euros per cocktail, but honestly we spent a fortune but enjoyed the atmosphere and music.

Breakfast was excellent, with good expresso coffee.. :-)

These all added up to feeling of disapointment and feeling mislead. Especially for the cost paid for the room and the percieved excellence of the hotel. I did raise these issues directly with a member of staff at the front desk whom made me feel that our opinion was valued by taking details of our complaints. ALthough I spoke to 3 other couples whom were fuming that they were not allowed to LOOK at the gym...... ?

Room Tip: Choose rooms away from 10th floor Sky Bar as music may be a little intrusive.
Dear Easy_ridersk8,

thank you for taking the time to write your review of your stay in our hotel. We strive to exceed the expectations of our guests, and clearly have failed to do so in your case. Your feedback is of great value to us as it can help us improve our product and services offered.

Your comments regarding the Wellness Garden have been noted, and we will be sure to take steps to improve on the points mentioned where possible!

It has been a pleasure having you as our guests and we would love the chance to welcome you back on your next visit to Amsterdam.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The other hotels I looked at nearer the city centre which had available rooms at the time, were either more expensive or not up to much. Big airy modern rooms with aircon and very helpful staff. Free wifi and tea making kit which I've found to be rare in mainland Europe hotels. Some unusual and novel décor (see photos on here). It’s a very pleasant but long walk to the city centre through Vondelpark, (we did it every day because it was such a joy), and there is a tram stop a few hundred yards away for a couple of Euros.
Lelylaan train station is less than 10 minutes walk from the hotel and that is 7 minutes train journey from airport, so you're better off using that than heading for the central station. Even on Sunday there was a train about every 20 minutes. We had room only so I can't comment on the food. It was simply a very pleasant place to stay and would happily return or recommend to others, especially if you don't mind the walking to really explore the city.

Dear Tonytouring,

thank you for writing a review of your stay in our hotel. It is wonderful to read that you had such a great stay with us!

You are quite right, the stroll from the hotel through Vondelpark to the Museumsquare is a great experience, and definately a tip for everyone reading this! It is a beautiful park with a very relaxed atmosphere! Thank you for sharing that!
Of course for people who prefer public transport we are a quick tram ride away from the highlights in Amsterdam Centre as well.

It has been a pleasure having you as our guest! Perhaps until your next visit?

Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Westcord Fashion Hotel is a fab hotel if you want better value for money outside of the city. If you are in town to sample the more cultural side to Amsterdam and not get smashed in the red light district every night this is my recommendation.

Situated about ten minutes outside of central Amsterdam the hotel is in a quiet suburb but the city centre and airport are both still very accessible. Take Trams 1 or 17 to Central Station, they run every 5 minutes or so so no problems getting in, however if you want to go out at night beware as they stop running arounf midnight although there is a night bus service running until early hours.

The staff at this hotel are fab, friendly and helpful you couldn't ask for more. The decor is just up my street, a bit quirky but in good taste. When we arrived we had a bottle of Prosecco, Chocolates, strawberries and roses waiting in our room along with a note congratulating us on our anniversary. Bed is extremely large and comfortable and shower and bath are luxurious.

We had breakfast at the hotel which was 19 Euro each, expensive but food plentiful and good quality and kept us fuelled till tea time! A much better option than going to the Pancake Bakery ( as we did on second morning) and paying 27 Euro's for 2 pancakes and 2 coffee's!

The hotel has both the Sky Bar and a wellness centre both well worth taking a look at. One tip - I would recommend that you get some supplies from Supermarket as there is not a lot around the hotel and as always mini bar is extortionate. Also room service stops at 11pm. Overall this hotel is extremely good value for money and there is little to complain about. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would stop here again! :-)

Dear Lisafeather82,

How delightful to read your review of your stay with us! It gives us great joy to know that you spent such a wonderful time in our hotel!

It has been a great pleasure having you as our guests, and we look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Amsterdam!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Westcord for 2 nights in March and have an amazing time! Our flight got into Amsterdam very early and the hotel were able to give us an early check in which made everything so much easier. The room was clean, modern, a good size, comfortable and most of all GREAT value for money!

The hotel is out of the city centre but only have about 12 minutes to get to any point of interest by tram which is very cheap. The tram journey into the centre also gives you a chance to see the less touristy side of Amsterdam. I mentioned to the hotel that it was our anniversary and they were kind enough to give us a complementary bottle of Champagne, flowers, chocolates and strawberries. The reception staff were friendly and very helpful.

I cannot fault the hotel and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Merijn_Veken, Front Office Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Caseybrucex,

What a delight to read the review of your stay in our hotel! It is wonderful to read that you have such positive memories of the anniversary you celebrated with us!

Your positive comments about the cleanliness of the room, the convenient location, the value for money and the friendly and helpful staff have been noted and will be shared with our team!

Thank you for your stay, and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next anniversary!

Front Office Manager | Westcord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!