“Great hotel, great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1 | GPS address: Nachtwachtlaan 11, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #29 of 357 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Great hotel, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Fashion hotel is really a nice place to stay. The rooms are big, bright and modern. Beds are really confortable and bathroom includes shower and separate bath tube. WC are separates from the bathroom...which is a rare "nice to have"......
Hotel has free wifi everywhere, which is also rare in Europe. TV package has program in all languages.
The hotel features a very nice facility area including swimming pool, spa, and fitness. There is also a lounge/bar on the top floor which offer a nice view of the city.

Staff is very helpfull. The only downside is that the hotel is located about 20 minutes away by tram from the entertaining district.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who travels to Amsterdam

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear olivierp2008,
Thank you very much for you kind and enthusiastic words in your review! It was a delight to read you enjoyed your stay so much! I will share your comments with our team, who I am sure will read them with pride!
It has been a pleasure welcoming you to our hotel, and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back next time!
Kindest regards

Market Weighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Great hotel, huge comfy bed, very helpful and friendly staff. The swimming pool and gym are good, pool nice and warm. Wish the use of sauna was included but you had to pay extra to use it, seems a little crazy to me cannot cost any more to run as they are being heated anyway. Food was excellent and the wine list complimented the food. We have already booked to go again.

Room Tip: We booked room 402 which is a triple room, very large and comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank David C
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Dear David C,
What a pleasure to read your review of your recent stay with us. Thank you for sharing this review and for your kind words.
I'm delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations. It is great to read that you made a new booking! We are looking forward to welcome you again!
Kindest Regards,
Landvetter, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Wonderful hotel, good service and nice staff. High standard and very spacious. 10-15 minutes tram ride from Amsterdam city centre.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Thomaz G,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm very happy to read your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
I will share your feedback with my entire team. We are looking forward to welcome you again as our guest in the near future.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I have stayed 4 times in this hotel when coming into Amsterdam for business. I find the location (close to the airport and next to a highway) convenient. However, for the SECOND time now they have failed to provide a wake-up call when one was requested. The first time this happened, two months ago, I went to the front desk, explained who took my request the prior night (did it in person at the desk), and indicated how lacking a hotel-provided alarm clock all guests are dependent on this service. I received a rather hollow apology. I expected a follow-up from the manager. None came.

Then, it just happened again this week. This time I called from the room to request a 7:30AM wake-up call, and again, no call came. I was late to my meeting and potentially embarrassed myself in front of my clients. On the way back I stopped by a convenience store and bought a travel alarm clock. With a front desk service that bad It is ridiculous that no clocks are in the room.

Rooms are nice, although very cold (other reviews indicate the thermostats don't work and my impression is the same). Cleaning crew is hit and miss. Sometimes the rooms are nicely put together when you come back, sometimes they are not. Iron boards left out will be found in the same place when you come back at night (really? Putting them back is not part of fixing up the room?). Restaurant is good, but if you do not watch it they will serve you beer in a dirty glass (they go straight from the soapy water into the shelf). Keep an eye on the glass they use, or order bottled beer if picking up bugs is not part of your travel plans.

Overall, it is not a bad choice for business, but do NOT depend on a hotel provided wake up call because for me, they did not come in 50% of the time.

Room Tip: Bar on 10th level makes that floor loud. Avoid it if you need a good night of sleep.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Pedro C
Dear Pedro C,
Thank you for posting your review at Tripadvisor, I'm distressed to learn of your dissatisfaction as we strive to fulfill and meet the needs of all our guests. Unfortunately, due to a human mistake, we failed in your case. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back as our guest in the near future.
Kindest Regards,
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I only booked this place because the hotel I usually use whilst in Amsterdam was fully booked, but it was lovely. I really enjoyed my stay. However, hard as I tried, I could not warm to the location. It was a cold, empty, sterile, concrete jungle.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
Dear Druopera,
I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcome you again in the near future!
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed here in connection with a visit to the Keukenhof, downtown Amsterdam and old friends.
We had great weather and then the 30 minute walk to the center, through the Vondelpark, is a joy. In the evenings the metro system brought us back nicely (but we didn't stay in town past midnight)

The room was very nice, the beds and shower excellent and the (free) swimming pool was a nice addition.

The breakfast is good, but at 18€ expensive.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rjaarts
Dear rjaarts,
Thank you for nice review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and you slept well in our beds! Thank you for recommending our hotel to others! I hope that we may have the chance to welcome you again in the near future!
General manager