“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #30 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
canada
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I only booked here because there was a large convention in town and I couldn't find a room in Central Amsterdam. Now, I'm glad I stayed here and would gladly stay again.

We arrived at the hotel at 7 AM and, despite the fact that the hotel was very busy, they were able to get us into a room right away. This allowed us to get cleaned up after our long flight and get started with our day. Excellent service !!

The room was spacious and clean and very modern. The bathtub was large and deep and I liked the separate shower stall. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very quiet.

While the location is not in Central Amsterdam, it is really not that far away. Each morning we walked into Amsterdam; a nice 30 minute walk through VondelPark gets you to the VanGogh Museum / RijkMuseum area. In the evening, it took a 10 or 15 minute tram ride followed by a 5 minute walk to get back to the hotel.

The only draw back was that there did not seem to be a lot of eating places near the hotel. We did not try the restaurant in the hotel.

The swimming area is very nice and the fitness facility is well equipped. The people working in the fitness facility are VERY unfriendly however (I believe they work for a different company, not the hotel itself).

The WIFI was free and worked very well.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Dear tommycanuck84,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I will share your feedback with my entire team. Your comments about the Wellness Garden are very valuable and will be discussed with the owners. It has been a pleasure welcoming you to the WestCord Fashion Hotel! We are looking forward to welcome you again as our guest in the near future!

Nico Evers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Greek first
Montréal, Québec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Stayed 3 nights Oct 2011. Very satisfied. Friendly service staff. This recently build hotel is very classy and well built and designed. The heating A/C system in the room is highly efficient and easy to set making the place very comfortable. Ok the location is a bit remote from central Amsterdam but you can enjoy a quiet night. Breakfast is a bit pricey but very good. Tip-Top WIFI network free. Big NO that should be fixed :No decent music channel on TV.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Dear Travelling_Path,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm very happy to read your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
Your suggestions about the music channel will be investigated. I will share your feedback with my entire team. We are looking forward to welcome you again as our guest in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

This hotel is situated slightly out of central Amsterdam, but not too far away! The travel into Central Amsterdam is worthwhile, either by tram or foot! Don't let the location put you off, if you stay right in the centre you limit your sights and experience. The hotel itself is absolutely stunning and focused around fashion and style but in a non pretentious way. It was my birthday weekend and the staff had left me a birthday message and a voucher for cocktails at the Skyy Bar on the 10th floor. The staff are fluent in English, so for me there was no lack of communication! The rooms are spotlessly clean. Truly the best hotel I've visited. 10/10.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear Mrmic19803,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments to our staff which I already passed on to them. I am proud as a general manager to have such dedicated team members.
It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, and we are looking forward welcoming you again when your travels brings you back to the area.
Kindest regards
Cairo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

we had a corner suite, huge with an amazing huge bath jacuzzi and a big terrace. the room was very nice but a bit cold (not temperature but atmosphere like).
Decoration was a bit kitsh.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear hayuja,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I will share your feedback with my entire team. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future!
Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I booked this hotel as a treat for my boyfriend as he had never need to Amsterdam, when we arrived at the hotel we were impressed straight away. The reception staff were kind and the interior of the lobby was beautiful. Our room was small but very well designed and extremely clean, they cleaned our room every day and we had fresh towels. We did not have breakfast, however we had lucy one day in the bar area, although it was quite pricey we were both very impressed with the food. The bar staff were also very kind. The location of the hotel is about 15minutes by tram out of the city centre which we actually preferred. However it is a slight walk from the tram stop to the hotel and we did get a bit confused how to actually get to the hotel but it is about a 3 minute walk away. We would definitely come back and stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Alicerichards,
General manager
Aarschot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

End of September '11 stayed 4 nights in this Hotel. An excellent 1st experience with the Westcord Hotels. Very friendly staff - creative and helpfull people at the frontdesk. Breakfast is an example : how to serve a good and decent breakfast. Perfect location! Not in the center of town but 10 minutes away from the most important metro & trams. Close by the Rijks- and Van Gogh museum. With the public transport ticket one can get all over A'dam. This hotel is a not only a Must Go for conferences - events in Amsterdam also for a city trip is a good choice..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear StefaanA,
I was delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations!
Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I took my 10year old son to Amsterdam, and this Hotel was just excellent - All the staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. The bed was comfortable, and the breakfast was great - a good combination of a continental and English breakfast. The location of the hotel was good, with a 10min walk to the train station or the tram stop!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Dear Jenny W,

Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!