“nice but cold” 4 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #32 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Cairo
“nice but cold”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

we had a corner suite, huge with an amazing huge bath jacuzzi and a big terrace. the room was very nice but a bit cold (not temperature but atmosphere like).
Decoration was a bit kitsh.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear hayuja,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I will share your feedback with my entire team. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future!
Kind regards,

1,371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I booked this hotel as a treat for my boyfriend as he had never need to Amsterdam, when we arrived at the hotel we were impressed straight away. The reception staff were kind and the interior of the lobby was beautiful. Our room was small but very well designed and extremely clean, they cleaned our room every day and we had fresh towels. We did not have breakfast, however we had lucy one day in the bar area, although it was quite pricey we were both very impressed with the food. The bar staff were also very kind. The location of the hotel is about 15minutes by tram out of the city centre which we actually preferred. However it is a slight walk from the tram stop to the hotel and we did get a bit confused how to actually get to the hotel but it is about a 3 minute walk away. We would definitely come back and stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Alicerichards,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm very happy to read your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
I will share your feedback with my entire team. We are looking forward to welcome you again as our guest in the near future.
General manager
Aarschot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

End of September '11 stayed 4 nights in this Hotel. An excellent 1st experience with the Westcord Hotels. Very friendly staff - creative and helpfull people at the frontdesk. Breakfast is an example : how to serve a good and decent breakfast. Perfect location! Not in the center of town but 10 minutes away from the most important metro & trams. Close by the Rijks- and Van Gogh museum. With the public transport ticket one can get all over A'dam. This hotel is a not only a Must Go for conferences - events in Amsterdam also for a city trip is a good choice..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear StefaanA,

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I took my 10year old son to Amsterdam, and this Hotel was just excellent - All the staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. The bed was comfortable, and the breakfast was great - a good combination of a continental and English breakfast. The location of the hotel was good, with a 10min walk to the train station or the tram stop!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Dear Jenny W,

Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here as part of our 2 month adventure around Europe and as others have said this hotel will not disappoint it really is super comftorble. The bed the best we found, the glass door in the bathroom I would imagine would be difficult if you were not staying with a partner but not to bad, the lobby food restaurants sky bar staff and pool area all really nice. Bike and scooter hire available for hire or take the tram into the city which isn't to bad if you can handle a 15 minute trip. In short this is an awesome hotel

• Stayed October 2011
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Dear Willey6,
I was delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations! I will share your feedback with my entire team! Your comment about the distance to the City Center are very appreciated, 15 minutes is not much indeed. Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

The Fashion Hotel is very easy to find and with only 2 stops max on the train from the airport. Getting into Amsterdam centre is equally as easy, with frequent trams that take 10-15mins. The tram stop is a 5 min walk, but I overheard a member of staff say a new tramstop will be situated right outside the hotel next year. Situated around Vondelpark and Rembrandt Park, the hotel is just outside of the main Amsterdam centre in quiet surroundings. We had a large double room which had loads of space, a flat screen TV and a good sized Bath/shower room. The hotel was always kept to a high standard and the staff were always friendly and helpful. We had breakfast only one morning of our stay as we thought it was expensive at €15pp and that was only because we were running the marathon that day. Even though we couldn't sample everything due to the run, which then felt very expensive for what we did eat, there was everything you could possibly want for breakfast and it did look amazing.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 22, 2011
Dear Jo B,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I will share your feedback with my entire team. I hope you enjoyed the Amsterdam Marathon! A lot of our Marathon guests sharpened their PB, hopefully you are one of them. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future!
Kind regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I often stay at this great example of what a hotel should be
The rooms are spacious, spotlessly clean and modern with excellent facilitites.
Large modern flat screen TV seperate bathroom/toilet air conditioning.
The staff have always been polite, professional and friendly.
location is ten minutes from the city centre by tram
all in all a refreshing place to return to
I shall definately continue to return

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lifts as other guests can be a little loud after a few drinks