“Nice hotel, excellent value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #32 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Essen, Germany
“Nice hotel, excellent value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

The hotel is easy to find, property looks modern and stylish. Despite the hotel being located right on the motorway, our room on the 6th floor was quiet. We liked the large bed, bathroom was good (the glass door to the shower felt strange but did not bother us). Pool was also fine, but you need to take a towel from the room - in the health centre there is shampoo and shower gel but no towels. Parking was convenient and cost €15 for the stay (relatively cheap by Amsterdam standards) if booked in advance, Wi-Fi available for free without the usual login hassle. The hotel cafe was cozy and reasonably priced. All in all, a very good hotel, excellent value for money.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Dear Dmitry K,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm very happy to read your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
I will share your feedback with my entire team. We are looking forward to welcome you again as our guest in the near future.

1,437 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

My BF and I got a great deal through Easy Jet holidays for 3 nights here with roundtrip airfare from Belfast for something like £275 per person. The hotel is modern and chic with a "fashion theme". The room itself was good-sized and very clean. The window between the bathroom and the room isn't as bad as it sounds. It's a thin horizontal window which is about 5 feet high. Unless someone in the main part of the room is standing directly in front of the window looking in, they can't really see anything. The hotel is a five minute walk to the tram station. The hotel is not located right in the city center, but it only takes about 15 minutes to get there by tram. Next time I'm in Amsterdam, I will probably stay somewhere closer to the city center. I found it a little inconvenient (especially when it was raining) when we would spend the day doing touristy stuff, then had to take the tram back to the hotel to rest/shower, then take the tram back to the city center to have dinner.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Nettersbetter,
Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you again to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!
Kind regards,
Brussel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Verry nice hotel, good price via booking.com just four hours before we arrived. Swimming pool in hotel to relax (only 10 seats around). Verry good breakfast.

Minus point: charged 35 euro for 15 hours parking! After complaining, they changed this.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Dear SunnyCityHopper,

I was delighted to read that the hotel has met your expectations!

Nivco Evers
Brit in Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Good business hotel, bit noisy in the room from traffic at peak hours -but quieter at night. Bathroom had a strange smell but didn't diffuse into the room, the door of the bathroom is completely transparent so if you share the bedroom you'd better be intimate with the person or else ask them to leave the room when you want to take a shower or bath. Bed was comfortable. Swimming pool was fine, but its the first time I've been asked to take the towels from the room down to the pool - else you had to pay 3;50euros for a towel in the fitness centre, they tell you to dry before leaving the pool area, to go to the changing room to shower but then if you want to take a shower in the centre there are no toiletries so take them down with you too... a bit of a hassle for a quick swim. I suggested to the hotel that they write this information in the room book to save client's time. No time for breakfast, it came with my conference anyway. Wifi was fine and no problems.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Dear FrenchConnection01,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments. I will share your feedback with my entire team. Your suggestions with regards to the towels and the Wellness Garden are of great importance to us.
It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

We have just returned from a 4 night stay in this Hotel. The room was lovely and the bed enormous. Liked the idea of a separate toilet. The bath was deep and the glass door didn't bother us at all. We were at the front of the hotel and the trams are noisy and go on into the night. They also start quite early in the morning. However, you get used to it after a couple of nights.
The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help you. We were on 4th floor and there was no ice machine at the side of the lift. The bar staff were happy to fill the ice bucket for us.
The pool was very welcoming after a day of sightseeing. It's a bit pricey if you want to use the Sauna and the Turkish. You need to take your towels from the room and then call housekeeping when you get back to ask for fresh towels.
All in all a great base. Trams run every 5-10 minutes and doesn't take long to get into the centre.

Dear Happyhollibags,
I was delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations! I will share it witm my entire team.
Kindest Regards,
Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I found the Fashion hotel and booked it on the reviews that it had received on TripAdvisor. I must say that it is one of the best hotels I have stayed at. The service is excellent. The staff of of the best professional standard. The hotel is kept extremely clean, the decor is divine (sorry had to say that) in a word its exceptional. If there is one and only one downfall, that would be that it is not closer to the centre of the city. Even before arriving a member of the Reception Staff (Michaël van Es whom I cannot praise higly enough) went the extra mile to assist me in making this stay extra special which was a surprise birthday present for my fiance. He organised a spendid reception on behalf of the hotel and even recommended booked and reserved an evening entertainment. I have to say also that my fiance has a disabilty and Michaël even organised it so that our room was not too far from the lifts .. now how cool is that!!!). Also if you get the opportunity at least have one meal in the restaurant AND visit the Skyy Bar. I highly recommend this hotel.

[Ps on the downside was the spa area this was most unfortunately. When we arrived we were met by (I presume) the spa manager, who approached us saying (while wiping his face on a towel) that it was a hygenic area and we could not look around. He also repeated a couple of times that the spa was not part of the hotel and we had to speak to him if we wanted access (the is information in the room and other notices which explaines what is free access i.e. the pool and the gym and what has to be paid for) In fact he was so obnoxious that my partner who needed to use the pool as part of his rehabilitation exercises and another reason for booking the hotel, would not return! The man was AWFUL. Thank goodness they are "not part of the hotel". The spa area looked lovely, the facilities are amazing but the staff could do with a bit of training when it comes to courtesy. I too have worked in a boutique hotel spa and I would NEVER approach or speak to clients in that tone. So word of warning, if you want to use the spa dont expect a great reception, bring your own towel and look out for "Mr Nice Guy!]

Room Tip: This is a new build hotel and all the rooms are quite splendid. The walk-in show, bath, furnishing...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Dear JustKeepMoving,
I was delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations! Your comments about the wellness will be shared with the owners and are of great importance to us!

Dublin, , Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

the hotel was great all the staff were very helpfull the skybar was great the guys working up there were great we had a great time with them discussing cocktails they did and even ones they didnt great guys. the food was also very nice only got to breakfast twice in 4 days but thats because the bed was so hard to get out of.the gym and other spa were also great. the best way to get to the city is by tram short walk to the station taxis are also good costing about 15 euro so all in all brilliant stay we will stay here every time we visit amsterdam thankyou to everyone at the hotel you guys are great

Dear John D,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments to our Skyybar team which I already passed on to them. I am proud as a general manager to have such dedicated team members.
It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, and we are looking forward welcoming you again when your travels brings you back to the area.
Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!