“"We had a marvelous stay in Amsterdam at the WestCord Fashion Hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam

You added WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hendrikje Stoffelsstraat 1, 1058 GC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #30 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Shah Alam, Malaysia
“"We had a marvelous stay in Amsterdam at the WestCord Fashion Hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Wonderful interiors, very good service and very reasonably priced too for a luxury hotel. The hotel is located less than ten minutes away from the tram ride with lots of shops and restaurants nearby. The Check-In process was quick and the staff, fluent in English, were eager to help and managed to communicate well with us. Superb! Definitely worth my stay!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Dear HazirahFatin,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm very happy to read your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
I will share your feedback with my entire team. We are looking forward to welcome you again as our guest in the near future.

Nico Evers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Greek first
Cracow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

The location is central but not in the heart of the city. The hotel is located between highway and city. To get to the center you need about 10-12 min by trams (their stop is very close to available). The area around the hotel is quiet and nice. The staff during my stay here were always friendly and available to all guest with any question. The room was sufficiently large for my need, with a very comfy bed, LCD TV, work desk, modern bathroom with rain shower, coffee/tea making facilities and fridge with bar. The breakfast buffet was here delicious with great choice of things. The hote has also own health center with the pool, fitness center and other facilities.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Dear CracowDanang,

I was delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guest in the near future!

Kindest Regards,

Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Very nice hotel, extremely comfortable rooms, located in the outskirts of Amsterdam but with direct transpostation to the centre right in front of the main entrance, two tramway lines.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Dear IsabelVM,
I will share your feedback wit all our team members. We are looking forward to welcome you again as our guest in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011 via mobile

I recently stayed here with a group of friends. My overall impressions of the hotel were it really is fabulous, and one of the most stylish that I have ever stayed at. The hotel may not be in the centre of town, but access is really easy with trams running right outside. It was never a problem picking up a taxi, after leaving the nightclubs.

The only negatives points were the two nights we ate in the restaurant, my order was forgotten about both times, as the waitress tried to memorise all 6 orders. I think it may have been a better idea just to write the orders down. This was quickly rectified though once it was pointed out, and the food was quickly brought out. The other issue was the glass shower room. No problem if you are staying with your partner, but not ideal staying with friends as I was. Overall though I will definitely choose to stay here again, if I visit Amsterdam again.

• Stayed June 2011
Dear KayJane,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and for your compliments! I will share your feedback with my entire team. It has been a pleasure to welcome you to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam. We are looking forward welcoming you again as our guest in the near future!
Kind regards,

Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

This hotel has the potential to be a great hotel, but is lacking in customer service from their front desk staff. We had booked our hotel online and were guaranteed a rate of €288 for a large, double room with an extra bed for our teenage son. We were given a double room with no bed. The front desk very relunctantly moved us to another room and squeezed in an extra bed, although, the room was really too small. The cleaning staff were very helpful to us and we believe that the cleaning staff should replace the front desk staff as they were much nicer to guests. The room was very clean, but we heard street level noises throughout the night, despite the fact that we were staying on an upper floor. In our room, the shower door as well as the door to the sink area were glass so it allows no privacy. We did eat at the bar and had good food. The front desk was not helpful to us with directions, instead, just pointing and saying, "go such and such way".
The final insult was that upon check out, we were charged €70 more than our reservation, and told it was for the extra bed. We would not recommend this hotel to visitors.

• Stayed June 2011
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Dear sir/madam,

Dear lobos3,
Thank you for posting this review on Tripadvisor.
Your comments are of great importance and will help us in our efforts to continuously improve the standards you may expect from us.
Therefore your remarks are very much appreciated. We would like to offer you our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
It has been a pleasure to welcome you and we do hope to get the chance to welcome you back as our guests.

Kesgrave
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

On arrival at the hotel we tried to check in. This was frustrating as the receptionist told me that she had saved me some money and then went on to tell me that the price was €300 more than the confirmation I had received. In total the check in process took approx. 40 mins.

We had opted for the wellness package that gave us the following inclusive items:-

- three course meal in the restaurant
- breakfast for two mornings
- use of the pool, gym, etc with free towels, etc
- free cocktail in the Skky Bar

We booked a table for our first night. On arrival the waiter gave us one choice of starter main and dessert. we told him that a choice of one or two options was normal and that considering our experience at check in it was the least they could do.

To his credit he came back to the table and gave us three to four choices for which we were happy.

At no point on the website were we informed of this.

The hotel was very well looked after and in good repair. The rooms were well laid out and were to a very high standard.

The hotel was a short (5-10 min) walk from the no. 1 & no. 17 trams into the city centre. the trams took approx. 15 mins to get into the entertainment section of the city.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear tmilsom,

I would like to thank you for staying with us! I'm happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel. I'm distressed to learn of your dissatisfaction with regards to the provided service. Quality and continuity are characteristic for the WestCord Fashion Hotel. With reference to this we are training our staff to meet the needs of all our guests. Unfortunately we failed partly in your case. We took measurements to avoid this in the future. We do hope to get the chance to welcome you back as our guest. We would like to prove that your experience has been an incident.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Me and my boyfriend decided to come to this hotel while Queen's Day in Amsterdam was on as is was good value for money considering how expensive some hotels were. The festival itself was mental (and may I recommend it!) and I didn't realise until on the day that all trams and taxi's in central Amsterdam were stopped because the crowds are so big. This meant getting around in the city was a little difficult if you don't know your way around.
On arrival from the airport, which must have been 15 minutes away by tram (trams 1 and 17 will get you to the hotel - check with the tourist information at the airport to find out the routing) we arrived early at 8am and was told our room would be ready by 12pm so we went around the city to explore. When we came back around 1pm to be told our room still wasn't ready. Reception gave us an alternative room so we could sleep while our proper room was being prepared. Which was a little frustrating as we wouldn't have come back so early if our room wasn't finished. By 3pm all was resolved and we moved into our proper room.
The room itself is lovely - really funky decor, comfy bed, nice telly with some English speaking channels - news channels too. The bathroom and bath were really lovely - it had a walk-in shower too which was nice!
Breakfast was really expensive at the time of booking but its worth me mentioning that there is no-where nearby to eat so we did decide to book this while at the hotel. The hotel kindly gave us our first morning's breakfast for free (after we explained the room mishap) which was much appreciated. Breakfast was great - and I do recommend booking it as there is a wide choice of cooked breakfast, yoghurt, toast, fruit, croissants, juice, coffee etc so although it might seem pricey - its definitely worth doing.
The reception were really helpful - taking our luggage while we were sight-seeing, helping us with our room and getting around the city - they helped us plan our routes and all spoke great English.
On Saturday early on, we went to Vondelpark to see the little market stalls set up and buy some orange novelty gear - Queen's Day is all about walking the streets and drinking in the atmosphere - and having some Heineken! So we walked around for a bit - the main areas on Queen's day are: Jordaan, Dam Square, Museumplein, and Nieuwmarkt. Ladies, please note the amount of broken glass that ends up on the floor throughout the day, so don't wear any open-toed shoes.
All in all this hotel is fantastic and although I rate it, personally I recommend the Red Light District area for hotels. On my trip to Amsterdam before, I stayed in the Red Light District and it meant I was right in the centre of everything and very close to Central Station. If you are staying at this hotel - you will have a fantastic time and enjoy it.
Tips for Queen's Day: Wear Orange!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Vicki52,

Thank you for choosing the WestCord Fashion Hotel to celebrate Queen's Day in Amsterdam.
I'm delighted to read your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. I will share your comments with our entire team. We do hope to get the chance to welcome you back as our guests!

Nico Evers

Been to WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!